Tables at Woody's Lunch Box?

We've done this in the past, but as far as I know there are no tables in TSL other than those at Woody's Lunch Box. We ended up carrying our trays all the way to the tables outside the Commissary, which were the closest ones we found. Our food had cooled off quite a bit by the time we got there, so it wasn't the best situation.

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I was going to ask if there's an option to box up the food instead of putting it onto a tray. My plan is to take my food all the way to Backlot Express, but carrying my food tray that far would be difficult. If the food was in a take-out box, I'd be OK with it.

Either that, or eat at an off time (4 PM) and hope a table is available.

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I was going to ask if there's an option to box up the food instead of putting it onto a tray. My plan is to take my food all the way to Backlot Express, but carrying my food tray that far would be difficult. If the food was in a take-out box, I'd be OK with it.

Even if you could, you'd be taking up a table from people actually eating at Backlot Express. Not sure how that solves a problem with seating.

Because I'd be sitting at a table instead of standing.

I don’t go to Studios anymore, but when I was at WDW in February, you had to show your mobile order for THAT restaurant to be allowed in. There was no just sitting at tables with food from anywhere else. I would not count on being allowed to sit where you didn’t get the food.

I don’t go to Studios anymore, but when I was at WDW in February, you had to show your mobile order for THAT restaurant to be allowed in. There was no just sitting at tables with food from anywhere else. I would not count on being allowed to sit where you didn’t get the food.

You're correct. Back in January I wanted just a glass of ice tea from ABC Commissary and I had to still order via Mobile to go in and Get it (although she did pull my order up since there wasn't availability for a half hour or more). They are pretty strict with it at ALL the places - no "order is ready" - no entry.

When we did this, we carried our food on its tray all the way around past MMRR and sat at a table outside of ABC Commissary. They have tables on both sides of the path there, and I think you could still do it (it was pre-Covid when we did this).

But hopefully you'll just find a table at Woody's Lunchbox. :) There's no denying this was a pain, and our sandwiches were cold by the time we ate them.

When we did this, we carried our food on its tray all the way around past MMRR and sat at a table outside of ABC Commissary. They have tables on both sides of the path there, and I think you could still do it (it was pre-Covid when we did this).
Any information pre Covid is outdated. Heck, info from last month is probably outdated ;)

For as popular as that place is there is way too little seating. Theming is well done but the number of tables in that area is seriously lacking.
I agree. I think they missed a lot of opportunities in TS land, and making Woody's lunch box a larger QS restaurant with indoor seating was one of them.

I agree. I think they missed a lot of opportunities in TS land, and making Woody's lunch box a larger QS restaurant with indoor seating was one of them.
If not for COVID-19, the BBQ restaurant just inside the TSL entrance would have been open by now. Even being table service, it would help a lot.

Even if you could, you'd be taking up a table from people actually eating at Backlot Express. Not sure how that solves a problem with seating.

I was at Backlot Express a few weeks ago. Only people being allowed in were those who mobile ordered there when their food was ready. So I'm thinking that's not going to work anyway.

At least the Commissary has open seating outside... but I have to say, I found it packed much of the time.... probably because it was the only open seating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter