• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tab and Greg PJ: 9/30/08 - Update! Our "Highlights" video from Cinema Chic

I really like the invitations! Getting your letter of agreement is the best part(besides paying the deposit:rotfl: ) That's when the ball really gets rolling!!!

Thanks! I'm hoping the paper for the invites isn't too chintzy!

Ok, I understand the room block stress. But I think I've got it all figured out. I've set aside a room at the deluxe level, and the majority of them at moderate and value. We've decided to commit to 35 rooms - we had 20 booked with just Greg and I, my sister and my parents, so we're in good shape!

I'm also going to provide in my newsletter information about booking via dreamsunllimitedtravel.com, and via a DVC rental. DVC rental would be especially handy for those wanting to share rooms, and dreams unlimited will let them know of any discounts that come up (such as free dining!).

All in all, I think people will be happy - hey, they gotta stay somewhere!

I was wandering along a very closed Magazine Street in New Orleans on Sunday, and came across a store that I'd heard of via the internet at www.trashydiva.com, and low and behold, I think I may have found my Maid of Honor/Best Woman dresses. Who knew you could find beautiful wedding gear at a place with "trashy" in the name?

obi1forest1.JPG

And now we're thinking of a different invite. More expensive, but ultimately more fitting, I think...
BD84FCD7CE7912D20B36B90DBA3665F1305A45B3.jpg

I just thought of what I think we should do for our table numbers - I'm thinking of a black and white photo of a different famous art deco building. So, say, the Empire State Building, The Chrysler building... grab a couple of Frank Lloyd Wright's creations...

I figure, frame it up, put a title on it, it'll look great!
250px-Chrysler_building-_top.jpg

Yay! This is really starting to come together for me, thematically speaking.

So this week, we've ordered and paid for the invitations. We went for the Art Deco ones.
Part of me wishes we went for the Atlantic Dance Hall for our reception to keep up the Art Deco theme with our site, but frankly, it's too big for us, and we really wanted a sit down meal...

So now we've got the lovely invitations picked out, but what to write on them? There's plenty o' room for a nice, touching quote about our love, marriage, or the state of the universe in general, but we have no idea what to put there. A lot of the quotes I'm seeing online are more sugary sweet than high-fructose corn syrup - and that stuff's just not us.

I'm not really sure how to lay this out - any suggestions would be welcome.

I'm very excited - Greg arrives tomorrow (Sunday) to spend another week on the ship with me! Its going to be difficult, because I'm going to be rehearsing a new show all week, but he's got plenty of stuff to keep him busy while I'm working. Frankly, just waking up next to him will be a welcome change!
Hopefully our Letter of Agreement will arrive via email while he's here, so we can sign it together.

We'll also be deciding stuff for the invitations, so if any of you know of a spectacular website with quote ideas, we'd love to know about it.

So last week, while Greg was here, I also received a whole new cast, director and show to put up. We knew it was happening, and Greg was amazing about how much time I needed to spend away from him in rehearsal.

Sad thing is, I started coming down with a wicked flu a couple of days into the week, so basically, if I wasn't in the theatre rehearsing, I was sleeping. I have no idea how I got through it. Oh wait, yes I do. Greg. He got me drugs, and soup and let me sleep and spooned me... Greg is amazing. That is why I am marrying him.

My sister is here with me this week, and tried on the dresses that I am thinking about for her and Greg's sister. They're cute.

And now, my sister is sick. Fun. Poor gal comes for a visit, and I sleep for days on end leaving her to explore Guatemala by herself, and last night she came down with food poisoning. Barfy. The Medical Centre gave her a shot of some anti-barf drug, and she's been sleeping all day.

We are a living testament to "party".

And so now I wait for our Letter of Agreement. I was under the impression it would take 2 weeks from sending back our room block and stuff, and it'll be three weeks tomorrow. Yargh. Waiting is my weakest point.

Aww glad you got to see your fi :) I love the color of the BM dress,she could wear that dress again if she wanted to.Love it.

Thanks, it was wonderful to see him. We won't probably get another chance till the end of May, so anything is better than nothing.

We were thinking of having Greg's sister in the dress, in green, and my sister in blue - since they're not bridesmaid dresses in the technical sense, my hope was definately that they could wear them again.

Also, we got our letter of agreement last Friday - I was so excited! I printed it out, signed it, and wrote up a check for my sister to take home with her, so that Greg could sign his parts and courier it to Disney.

It's so exciting!

We're also planning on purchasing carbon offsets to alleviate the CO2 emissions created by friends and family coming to our wedding.

WOO HOO!!! Now when you get your contract back you will get the APS!!!!! It's exciting :)

Thanks - it's kind of fun looking at our Disney wedding website and imagining our friends booking hotels and stuff.

Kind of makes up for the fact that my sis and Greg's sis aren't too in love with the dress I found. I know it's my choice, ultimately, but I don't want them to be miserable, so back to square one!

Hello fellow Torontonian! I miss home, but I am happy to be avoiding the weather right now!

The letter is being FedExed back to them today - so we're on our way.

I'm just waiting on a couple of addresses before I email our guest list to Disney, for our Save the Dates, but I don't think I'm going to wait too much longer. At this rate, I may just have Greg hand deliver the ones we can't get addresses for.

And speaking of mailings... we got our first draft of our invitation today. I love them, they're going to be amazing. I'm so glad we went with a designer, it's nice to be able to go back and forth to make sure you like them.

I LOVE the dress! it's gorgeous! and i lovelovelove the bridesmaid dresses too...too bad they dont like them. hope everything is going well!:goodvibes

Thanks, I really like those dresses as well. I'm sure we'll find something else nice. The last thing I want is for the gals to spend money on a dress that makes them feel self conscious. Boo to that.

Last I heard, the Letter was being FedExed to Florida last week, and I sent the address list to Disney so they could begin mailing the Save the Dates.

This weekend I found some pewter colored picture frames at Michael's. They were 40% off, so I bought a bunch to use for table numbers. Can't hurt...

Oh boy. I thought FedEx was supposed to be fast. According to Greg, his parents sent out the package with the letter and the check last Wednesday or Thursday (already, I'm nervous with the "or" in there), and Disney has still not received it. Really? Really FedEx?

Ugh, I wish I could have taken care of it myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter