SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too bad that you can't move around at Oga's. That would be the best meeting spot. I'm going as R2D2, my DD is Disneybounding as C3PO, and my DH and DS are re-using their Imperial officers outfits from the Rival Run. If you see us, say hi!
I’ll be there during the same time. I’m just gonna wear my storm trooper runDisney shirt - cause I’m not very creative/lazy 😂😂

For those of you attending a 9am preview, what time are you arriving? The park opens at 9am on my day. Not sure what time we should plan to arrive....
I think I’m gonna get there around 7:30

For those of you attending a 9am preview, what time are you arriving? The park opens at 9am on my day. Not sure what time we should plan to arrive....
I think I’m gonna get there around 7:30
We are planning to be out for the bus from WL by 7am. I'll keep an eye on the bus app and modify as needed. I can't believe that it is in only 4 days!!!!!!! Anxiously awaiting my email with "further instructions." Has anyone received one yet?

We are planning to be out for the bus from WL by 7am. I'll keep an eye on the bus app and modify as needed. I can't believe that it is in only 4 days!!!!!!! Anxiously awaiting my email with "further instructions." Has anyone received one yet?
I’m getting so excited! Dh and I have been watching all of the movies to get prepped lol. We will be driving our own car from the dolphin so I’m thinking we’ll get to HS at 7:30. That’s early enough for me. I’m not a morning person

Flying from Atlanta Saturday morning (8 am-9:20 flight). Car rental to TTC. Bus to DHS. 1-5 time slot at SWGE with Oga’s. FP for Star Tours 3:40-4:40. Hope to get Tier 1 day of FP for before time slot. Boat to Epcot to watch British Invasion show and get a Rose and Crown beer mug. Monorail to MK to watch fireworks and get popcorn buckets and Haunted Mansion march for wife and daughter. Spend night and fly home Sunday
Hi ATLien! I'm flying down Saturday am too, but my flight is at 6am (barf). I'm also going to try to get some HM merch while there, and I'm so bummed there isn't a MNSSHP I can go to on Saturday! That's the price I pay for not missing work, I guess. Ditto on those fastpasses....I couldn't get anything good except for MK. I think when my flight lands I'm going to drop my stuff at my friend's house, go to the Vineland outlet, and then go to MK. Epcot for Illuminations (if anyone wants to join me and cry at my fav show going away hmu hahaha) and then maybe DS if I'm not exhausted (hint: I will be). Might go to Port Orleans Sunday morning so I can finish my 6mi run with the beignet dash. Side note - where would you shower if this was you? I assume it's not cool for me to use the pool showers, even though the resort is hosting the fun run. If I have to go back to my friend's house to shower I'll have to skip this part. :( Then maybe AK? Depends on what fastpasses I can pick up. 5-9pm Sunday is my time slot for SWGE and then flying home 6am Monday!

Oh, question about bag check. I was thinking about this on my way into work today. People are saying the bag check lines were quite long for previews - is that just to get into SWGE or is it into DHS in the morning? My preview is 5-9 like I said above, so if that's just a morning problem that's good. If it's not....do you think I could do something like stuff my phone, ID/CC, spare charger, and a folded up drawstring bag into my pockets? Women's pockets are useless (they don't hold a cell phone, let alone an actual size wallet) but I hate going through bag check for the same stuff my husband can just shove in his pockets. Has anyone done the budget airline trick of carrying an empty bag and then tossing your pocket contents into it after entering the park? Assuming I can even get that stuff into my pockets.

Oh, question about bag check. I was thinking about this on my way into work today. People are saying the bag check lines were quite long for previews - is that just to get into SWGE or is it into DHS in the morning? My preview is 5-9 like I said above, so if that's just a morning problem that's good. If it's not....do you think I could do something like stuff my phone, ID/CC, spare charger, and a folded up drawstring bag into my pockets? Women's pockets are useless (they don't hold a cell phone, let alone an actual size wallet) but I hate going through bag check for the same stuff my husband can just shove in his pockets. Has anyone done the budget airline trick of carrying an empty bag and then tossing your pocket contents into it after entering the park? Assuming I can even get that stuff into my pockets.
Bags are checked outside of the park. People that are saying the bag check was long was because they were probably there at 9am or it was the day after the recent shooting.
I go to the parks 4 times a week and if you are arriving anywhere around rope drop expect long lines (15 minutes) but after that it's pretty fast

Bags are checked outside of the park. People that are saying the bag check was long was because they were probably there at 9am or it was the day after the recent shooting.
I go to the parks 4 times a week and if you are arriving anywhere around rope drop expect long lines (15 minutes) but after that it's pretty fast
Gracias! Just wanted to check they hadn't put additional security there or anything weird. Sounds like I'll just carry my bag in!

I’m getting so excited! Dh and I have been watching all of the movies to get prepped lol. We will be driving our own car from the dolphin so I’m thinking we’ll get to HS at 7:30. That’s early enough for me. I’m not a morning person
I've been feverishly getting my classroom all done because school starts a few days after I return. We arrive at WL on Friday the 16th and we are at WDW for 15 nights - so the 17th for AP previews is our very first morning at WDW! We always wake up so early on that first morning out of pure excitement and this year will not be like any other start to our vacation! We're so pumped!!! I'm sure I'll be up and walking around WL early, early in the morning just waiting to go to DHS! I just rewatched The Last Jedi and have started reading the Galaxy's Edge novel that came out - only 3 days to go!

Still waiting on that email with "further instructions"...

My preview time is Sat 8/17 1pm - 5pm, also still waiting on the follow up email. I have watched just about every Galaxy's Edge video on Youtube by now. Very excited for this weekend.

I'm driving up from Fort Lauderdale Saturday morning and heading right to the park. Then staying at the Swan that night.

My preview time is Sat 8/17 1pm - 5pm, also still waiting on the follow up email. I have watched just about every Galaxy's Edge video on Youtube by now. Very excited for this weekend.

I'm driving up from Fort Lauderdale Saturday morning and heading right to the park. Then staying at the Swan that night.
We’re driving over from Melbourne the night before and staying at the dolphin lol. Then we’re driving home after the preview because my parents are flying in on Monday

Just received my email! Will upload in a min.

————

Reminder About Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Land Passholder Preview

Get ready to blast off to a galaxy far, far away. The preview for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run is coming soon!
Please review check-in information below before you arrive.

What to Bring to the Event
  • Valid Annual Pass and a government-issued photo ID for each registered Passholder
  • One printed copy of your confirmation page

Please Note: All registered Guests will need to present their valid Annual Pass for admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios prior to check-in.
Confirmation
Primary Email: xxxxxxxx@gmail.com
Special Events
Order Number: xxxxxx
Check-In
Please check in at the Grand Avenue entrance to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Everyone in your registered party must check in at the same time.​
Registered Guest(3)​
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
Event Information​
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Land Passholder Previews
Important Information About Registration
  • Reservations are nontransferable and may not be sold or bartered.
  • No modifications to reservations.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information
  • Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run attraction and other offerings will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Passholders who attend the preview event may not be able to experience all of the offerings during the event.
  • Passholders may experience wait times during this event.
  • Offerings, prices, experiences and information are subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.
  • Merchandise is valid while supplies last and is subject to change without notice. Limit of one per item, per person.
  • See Property Rules for information regarding costumes and additional guidelines.

I got my email too!
Our kiddos never got AP cards, which the message says is needed. Nor do they have government issued ID. I would hope this is not a problem for a pair of tiny people, what do you think?
While I have no other need, can I get AP cards at guest relations?

I got my email too!
Our kiddos never got AP cards, which the message says is needed. Nor do they have government issued ID. I would hope this is not a problem for a pair of tiny people, what do you think?
While I have no other need, can I get AP cards at guest relations?

I wouldn’t think ID would be an issue for kids. If you’re headed to another park before the event you could run to guest relations and get AP cards for them (they do give them out to kids, my DD got one at 7). Or walk over there before 9 on preview day.

I was expecting a little more info about when to check in. (an hour before? 30 minutes? Precisely at 1:00?) My preview isn't until 1-5 Sunday, so hopefully we'll learn more from people attending on Saturday. At least I received an email, so the system is improving!

I was expecting a little more info about when to check in. (an hour before? 30 minutes? Precisely at 1:00?) My preview isn't until 1-5 Sunday, so hopefully we'll learn more from people attending on Saturday. At least I received an email, so the system is improving!

Yea. Sadly, these emails are slightly more informative than the ones for the Pandora previews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter