Sweet tea in WDW

LOL, sweet tea is tea that you add sugar to while it is still warm. I use 2 lipton decaffeinated tea brew bags and I put them in a small pot of water with a pinch of baking soda. I let that come to a boil. After coming to a boil for a minute or so I take it off the stove. In a pitcher, I add a cup and a half of sugar and enough water so to fill up half of the pitcher. I then pour the tea from the pot into the pitcher, making sure to leave the tea brew bags in the pot. Then I stir the tea in the pitcher until the sugar is dissolved. Then I add more water until it reaches the spout of the pitcher. Stir it again and put it in the fridge. When it's cold pour it into a glass with ice and you've got southern sweet tea!!! Some people like it much sweeter than that, including my grandma who makes it soooo sweet that you have to add a bit of extra water to your glass to cut the sweetness. But I like it sweet but not like syrup. However, chick fil a has the best tea in the world!!!

Thanks to all the posters. It's nice to know that there are people out there like me that can't live without sweet tea!!!:drinking1

What is the baking soda for? I have never heard of doing that. I know my grandmother would add saccrin (sp?) when I was younger, don't know why on that either, then all of a sudden she quit doing that.

I usually make a gallon at the time. I bring a small pot of water to a boil, then add the tea bags (6 or 7 small ones) let it sit for a little while, then put 2 cups of sugar in the pitcher and add the tea water I have reheated and fill with cold tap water.

I figure, I can make it in the coffee maker in the room and then keep it in the fridge, Dh will have to keep the ice bucket full. I am about sweet tea, like some people are coffee, I need several galsses to get my day started.

Suzanne

The Publix grocery store has sweet tea by the gallon. It aslo comes w/ flavoring, w/out sugar and with artificial sweetner.

What is the baking soda for? I have never heard of doing that. I know my grandmother would add saccrin (sp?) when I was younger, don't know why on that either, then all of a sudden she quit doing that.

I usually make a gallon at the time. I bring a small pot of water to a boil, then add the tea bags (6 or 7 small ones) let it sit for a little while, then put 2 cups of sugar in the pitcher and add the tea water I have reheated and fill with cold tap water.

I figure, I can make it in the coffee maker in the room and then keep it in the fridge, Dh will have to keep the ice bucket full. I am about sweet tea, like some people are coffee, I need several galsses to get my day started.

Suzanne

The baking soda is to take the bitterness away.

Thanks Kadesha, I didn't really know why I add baking soda. My mom always added it so I do too. LOL It's nice to know why I add it. Oh also the two or three tea bags that I use are the large ones. If I am using smaller bags, I add 5 or 6.

For those out there looking to try sweet tea but who want to cut down on their sugar intake, try adding large amounts of Splenda instead. It dissolves fairly well (at least compared to sugar) and after you get used to it you'll never miss all the sugar!

For those out there looking to try sweet tea but who want to cut down on their sugar intake, try adding large amounts of Splenda instead. It dissolves fairly well (at least compared to sugar) and after you get used to it you'll never miss all the sugar!

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I make my own tea with the cold brew bags for CS meals. I always take bottled water. the water is warm by the time I use it and the tea brews fairly quick. I ask for 1 cup empty and 1 cup of ice. I brew my tea then add sugar or splenda (whichever mood I am in) and then add ice. It is much better than the bottled teas that you buy, imho.

I love sweet tea! I must have a cup every morning. I will probably get DH to swing by ChickFilA and pick me up a gallon first thing.

I swore I would never be addicted to anything!:rotfl2:

I make my own tea with the cold brew bags for CS meals. I always take bottled water. the water is warm by the time I use it and the tea brews fairly quick. I ask for 1 cup empty and 1 cup of ice. I brew my tea then add sugar or splenda (whichever mood I am in) and then add ice. It is much better than the bottled teas that you buy, imho.

The bottled tea we are talkign about is fresh brewed at the restaurant and Publix sells their fresh brewed tea in small bottles near the deli area. I HATE those bottled teas, NASTY

Suzanne

In Canada when you order 'iced tea' in a restaurant it is always sweetened with sugar, so when I ordered it in Florida I was shocked! I had to add sugar packets to it, was actually better that way since I don't really like it too sweet anyway.

In Canada when you order 'iced tea' in a restaurant it is always sweetened with sugar, so when I ordered it in Florida I was shocked! I had to add sugar packets to it, was actually better that way since I don't really like it too sweet anyway.

But what we get here in Canada isn't real brewed tea, it's a premade syrup from a fountain like a soda, or premade in a can or bottle. It's just not the same as sweet tea from the south. I will drive to Buffalo and the first stop for DH and I is McD's for a 1$ sweet tea! I've started making my own at home too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter