Sweet tea in WDW

BridetobeDisney

DIS Veteran
I'm from Georgia so I have to have my sweet tea. I was surprised this summer that the allstar sports food court did not have sweet tea. My DS likes to have it with his lunch and supper. He hates juice and gets all of his fruit servings from strawberries, apples, melons, and bananas (no worries... I cut down the tea with water) But of course he drinks water and milk. Where can I find sweet tea in the parks and out besides the McDonalds? I do not want to give him unsweetened tea with artificial sweeteners.

One thought I had was to buy some of those small sealed bottles of tea from publix, pack them in a cooler on the drive down and put them in a mini fridge when we get there. I can take them to the park in an insulated lunch box and an ice pack which can be stuffed in my backpack.

What do ya'll think?

I'm from Georgia so I have to have my sweet tea. I was surprised this summer that the allstar sports food court did not have sweet tea. My DS likes to have it with his lunch and supper. He hates juice and gets all of his fruit servings from strawberries, apples, melons, and bananas (no worries... I cut down the tea with water) But of course he drinks water and milk. Where can I find sweet tea in the parks and out besides the McDonalds? I do not want to give him unsweetened tea with artificial sweeteners.

One thought I had was to buy some of those small sealed bottles of tea from publix, pack them in a cooler on the drive down and put them in a mini fridge when we get there. I can take them to the park in an insulated lunch box and an ice pack which can be stuffed in my backpack.

What do ya'll think?

The only place I found any sweet tea on my trip in September was at the Boatwrights restaurant at Port Oleans Riverside. I had lots of Coke instead of tea when I was there, or just suffered through trying to get sugar to dissolve in iced tea.

Julie

Wel I know they serve regular tea everyplace and you can always put regular sugar in it.. I think southern sweet tea is WAY too sweet for me so I put 1 or 2 packets of the sugar they leave on the table into regular tea. You don't have to use artificial sweeteners.

I seem to remember last August when we were there that I was offered sweet tea at many of the restaurants throughout WDW.

DS 5 will be thrilled, we lived in VA for 18 months and became addicted to sweet tea. Think it's hard getting it in FLA, try upstate NY!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup2

Thank you all so much! It's good to know there are places to get it. The bad thing is I wasn't planning on going to any of those restaurants. It helps to know its there though. Adding sugar packets to unsweet tea does not taste good at all, IMHO. I think I'll still take some of those bottles of tea from publix with us.

DS 5 will be thrilled, we lived in VA for 18 months and became addicted to sweet tea. Think it's hard getting it in FLA, try upstate NY!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup2

Try getting it in California!!! The only place I know of is the randomly and far between Chick-Fil-A (and closed on Sundays :headache: ). And we have NO Cracker Barrels or anything of the sort around here. McDonalds doesn't even carry it here, :sad2: .

Hi! I am from Southern California and I have heard folks talk about sweet tea, but I don't think I know what it is. Is it just ice tea with the sugar already added? Or is it a fruit flavored ice tea (like a passionfruit ice tea)?

Thanks

(and yes, I did have tofu for dinner tonight..:rotfl2: )

i'm from GA and live on sweet tea! I almost had a nervous breakdown 2 years ago in the Crystal Palace when they told me they didn't have it and it would be hard to find!! lol, DH will not let me live it down!

I am from Alabama and I bleed sweet tea. I MUST have it. I make my own at home most of the time, since most places can't get it just right. I think I am going to take the stuff I use and make it in the coffee maker in the room. I may stop off for an initial gallon at Chik-fil-a before going to the resort and then I can use that container to make more. I can't live off soda and water for a week.

There have only been 3 places I have found sweet tea on property, at WPE, Trail's End, and RFC and we aren't eating at any of those this time, except maybe WPE.

ETA: The McDonalds by the All Star resorts has it, but not for the nice $1.00 like at most McDonald's, it will cost an arm and a leg.

Suzanne

Off Site, you can get the gallon at Chick fil a, and at captain D's (there is one in Celebration). I like the previous poster's gallon to the room idea.

Hi! I am from Southern California and I have heard folks talk about sweet tea, but I don't think I know what it is. Is it just ice tea with the sugar already added? Or is it a fruit flavored ice tea (like a passionfruit ice tea)?

Thanks

(and yes, I did have tofu for dinner tonight..:rotfl2: )

LOL, sweet tea is tea that you add sugar to while it is still warm. I use 2 lipton decaffeinated tea brew bags and I put them in a small pot of water with a pinch of baking soda. I let that come to a boil. After coming to a boil for a minute or so I take it off the stove. In a pitcher, I add a cup and a half of sugar and enough water so to fill up half of the pitcher. I then pour the tea from the pot into the pitcher, making sure to leave the tea brew bags in the pot. Then I stir the tea in the pitcher until the sugar is dissolved. Then I add more water until it reaches the spout of the pitcher. Stir it again and put it in the fridge. When it's cold pour it into a glass with ice and you've got southern sweet tea!!! Some people like it much sweeter than that, including my grandma who makes it soooo sweet that you have to add a bit of extra water to your glass to cut the sweetness. But I like it sweet but not like syrup. However, chick fil a has the best tea in the world!!!

Thanks to all the posters. It's nice to know that there are people out there like me that can't live without sweet tea!!!:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter