Swap ideas for the new year (2007)

This is all looking SO FUN!!! Falling off the swapaholic wagon is GREAT!!! :rotfl2:

This is the first time since July that I don't have a swap to work on. I am going through serious withdrawal.
Anyone want to do a swap with me right now?!

AlexWyattMommy said:
This is the first time since July that I don't have a swap to work on. I am going through serious withdrawal.
:faint: :eek:

LOL

MomOf2DisneyKids said:
holy moley, I have to decide everything now? :rotfl2:

uh, I dunno....a few weeks should be fine for a PAPER CLIP! :rotfl: :teeth:
3 week turn around should be plenty!! Now how many per person.. How many groups, theme, swappers per group..
You have to have all this thought out and your instruction page ready to transfer over here.. I have samples of my sign up's if you'd like them..
Postage... the cost to mail it and 2 extra stamps for safety measures...

AlexWyattMommy said:

Step away from the computer!!!!
This is your sponsor talking!!
Ignore the crazy swap monster behind the curtain.

AlexWyattMommy said:
I know.. I feel like doing one too..but know I can't with basketball season starting and the fact the holidays are just around the corner... I have to find someone to come climb in my attic and drag down the 22 boxes of Christmas decorations.. I won't let DH do it this year.. I guess I'll have to sweet talk his baby brother into coming to our rescue! :teeth:

Okay, Okay, stepping away from the computer.
I guess I really do need to spend time cleaning up the house. I've been using my "Swap" addiction as an excuse to just get by. You, know just enough clean laundery, just enough clean dishes, just enough food to eat. I'm going to spend some time and make a real grocery list for this week. Now that I have time to cook.
I will use the rest of the time this year to think of ideas, flesh them out, and get my orders in early for die cuts.
Thank you for the intervention.

Okay, I didn't get on the computer yesterday and I come back to pages and pages more! You guys are CRAZY!!

A couple things - January is jam packed on the calendar, but the newbies had requested a swap ASAP (and that is how this whole discussion started). What happened to their swap in January? Or are we just saying that any swap is open to them?

Second - I'm going to use Nancy as an example because you mentioned keeping the number of groups small but this is a question for anyone who stated something similar. If you limit it to a small number of groups, will you also limit how many groups people can join, at least initially? Because there are so many people that join multiple groups that I see those groups filling up the first day and that would stink for people who can't get online until the end of the day or can't get on every day.

Did you know what you were getting into when you asked to Swap Goddess, Buffy? I can imagine the headache you must have with that calendar!!

New England Eeyore said:
Okay, I didn't get on the computer yesterday and I come back to pages and pages more! You guys are CRAZY!!

A couple things - January is jam packed on the calendar, but the newbies had requested a swap ASAP (and that is how this whole discussion started). What happened to their swap in January? Or are we just saying that any swap is open to them?

Second - I'm going to use Nancy as an example because you mentioned keeping the number of groups small but this is a question for anyone who stated something similar. If you limit it to a small number of groups, will you also limit how many groups people can join, at least initially? Because there are so many people that join multiple groups that I see those groups filling up the first day and that would stink for people who can't get online until the end of the day or can't get on every day.

Did you know what you were getting into when you asked to Swap Goddess, Buffy? I can imagine the headache you must have with that calendar!!

Yes they can join anything. A lot of the swaps are element only so it should be a breeze we just need to start a glossary, and no I am not volunteering for that one!

Second - i have no idea how that will work, I'm going to defer to my Goddess Peep Nancy.

I didn't have a clue this would be this nuts!!! I was supposed to be working at our fundraiser pickup tonight, instead I hooked up to the school wireless network and read my PM's! :rotfl2: Good thing we didn't have the mad rush!

PrincessNancy96 said:
3 week turn around should be plenty!! Now how many per person.. How many groups, theme, swappers per group..
You have to have all this thought out and your instruction page ready to transfer over here.. I have samples of my sign up's if you'd like them..
Postage... the cost to mail it and 2 extra stamps for safety measures...

thanks for the help, Nancy! :sunny: But wait, do I really have to figure it all out now, just to get on the calendar?? I didn't even pick a month yet!! oh wait, I haven't been GIVEN a month yet by our SG, Buffy! :thumbsup2

Okay. Since we've got 3 parks going in January, how about you make that newbie AK swap in parentheses for February an MGM one and I'll host that one? I'll follow the dates you put on there - is that a 6 week timeframe? I can't find my 2007 calendar right now.

how does this sound?

MomOf2DisneyKids - S.U. - 5/31 D.D. - 6/24

angelmom -S.U. - 2/19 D.D. - 4/2

15minfromOGDL and mickeyfan2 - S.U. - 7/6 D.D. - 8/17

MomOf2DisneyKids said:
thanks for the help, Nancy! :sunny: But wait, do I really have to figure it all out now, just to get on the calendar?? I didn't even pick a month yet!! oh wait, I haven't been GIVEN a month yet by our SG, Buffy! :thumbsup2

Yes you have post 233. :teeth:

New England Eeyore said:
Okay. Since we've got 3 parks going in January, how about you make that newbie AK swap in parentheses for February an MGM one and I'll host that one? I'll follow the dates you put on there - is that a 6 week timeframe? I can't find my 2007 calendar right now.

Ok! and yes all the park swaps are 6 weeks.

Oh, and BTW - not right now, but before the end of the year I'll definitely make a "Swap Glossary" for you. I know it's been done in bits and pieces before so I'll search the old threads and pull them together, along with pictures.

If I haven't done it by December - remind me.

New England Eeyore said:
Oh, and BTW - not right now, but before the end of the year I'll definitely make a "Swap Glossary" for you. I know it's been done in bits and pieces before so I'll search the old threads and pull them together, along with pictures.

Cool! can we figure out a way to add pics maybe from our upcoming swaps?

Just got a chance to look at the calendar again! Everything looks great!! Thanks for keeping up with this, Buffy!! And the glossary sounds cool, too. I know I wore out the link to swap pics in the other sticky! :rotfl2:

BernardandMissBianca said:
Cool! can we figure out a way to add pics maybe from our upcoming swaps?

That would be great! Pics of the different swap elements and prima flower sizes, and links to swaps...

New England Eeyore said:

Oh NEE, where were you when I needed you this past summer? Being so new to the scrapping and swapping, I had no idea what most of the elements were. It was so hard to tell from the photos (although very lovely to look at) what demensions things were. Let alone how to actually MAKE the items. So a glossery with definitions and standards (like demensions), links to appropriate examples, and links to instructions would be great.

Thank you so much to taking this task on. It will be just as hard as Keeper of Calendar, but at least it has an end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter