Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

We did a room block through the Dolphin. My mother in-law wanted me to do it as she thought we would get a better rate. It was $209/night with a $20 per day resort fee. A month before the wedding the rates started falling and were actually $189/night with a $23 resort fee. We were stuck in a contract and would have had to pay if we didn't fill it at the $209 rate. The room block is a waste of time in my opinion. I believe the Disney room blocks are different.

Also, my brother is military and he got such great discounts. The Florida residents did as well. I think it was called Discover Disney and it was 4 parks for $189. I can't remember exactly but it was cheap!

We got tangled up in the crazy room block too. They had our block at 219 a night rates went as low as 145. Luckily I was able to get out of it without penalty

so happy to find this! I have an appointment in May to go over my vow renewal.
for the ceremony I definitely want a violinist, but also want some of our songs played do we need a dj for that? Is this possible?

Yes, We had Randy. My dad is going to write him an email explaining different elements of photography, as I'm not well versed in that. Luckily my Dad has been able to salvage some of the shots. Centering us, lightning up some very dark pics, putting my husbands teeth in where they had been blown out. A lot of pics were blurry. I don't think this is just my pics. If I just went through and looked really quick, most of it wouldn't have bothered me. Going through them with a professional is a different story. I invited him to dinner and maybe I shouldn't have. I joked that maybe he was hungry! I hope others will fare better.

As for Lindsey and Swan Catering. We had a welcome dinner on the beach the night before our wedding. It was really beautiful but extremely cold. I wanted to pull it inside but was talked into keeping it outside. My guests left early because it was way to cold. Even the servers were complaining of the cold. They did compensate me for the last hour since we had an open bar and weren't able to enjoy it. Our menu was simple BBQ. Burgers, veggie burgers hotdogs, BBQ chicken and all the sides. They display the food so beautifully. The guests enjoyed the food except for the veggie burgers, they were hard as a rock! I was under the impression that it was grilled food, but it came out in warmers. It was my fault for assuming.

We also did our cocktail hour through Swan Catering and it was amazing. We had an antipasti display, mini pizzas (for the picky eaters), crab cakes and artichoke beignets (Lindsey's suggestion) everyone raved about them. They were that good! We had our ceremony and cocktail hour at crescent terrace and couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Even though our flowers were completely messed up( Just Marry reimbursed us), it was still beautiful.

Knowing what I know now, there are things I would have done differently. Instead of the welcome dinner on the beach I would have had a simple dinner and then a DP. I regret that a lot. I also would have saved up more money for photography, since it really is the most important aspect.

So sorry you were disappointed in Randy.
I had him for my VR (admittedly four years ago). I was delighted with my photos and did not find his style 'lack lustre ' at all. I think some of my shots are extremely elegant!!!
Just my opinion though.
Such a shame you are not happy xx

Last edited:
We had randy for our wedding April 4th and had him for our engagement session too. We have not seen all the wedding photos yet but the ones we have seen we love. We researched other photographers since we are local and loved his work. since he does so much work at disney he really does have a great eye for getting the best shots.

I am sorry, but I don't think that people on this board are scared to say anything negative - historically we have always been very honest with each other and if anything negative needs to be said, believe me we generally say it!!!
Please don't assume that just because you were disappointed in Randy, that others were too and afraid to speak up. Many brides were delighted with him and say so. Others do not like his style, like our lovely Faith, and say so.
I am sure people give their honest opinion here - please do not assume you have been mislead by our brides!!!

I had a Swan wedding in December (2011)!!! It was a great time of year to get married in WDW! :) The holiday decor around the hotel were just perfect for photos. You don't need a ton of decor, depending on which ceremony site you choose (we chose Crescent Terrace). Are you planning on a larger wedding or small? We had about 60 guests & we had a ceremony, cocktail hour, & traditional lunch reception in one of the Swan ballrooms. We also did a casual bridal party/family dinner followed by a fireworks dessert party in Epcot the night beforeIt was a truly magical day & everyone we worked with were just amazing. Please feel free to ask any questions :)
Thanks for the reply! I also chose Crescent Terrace. We are planning on a small guest count, we've sent out save the dates and it seems to be around the 20ish mark. I'm glad to hear that the holiday decorations will be up! Especially since my colors are plum and gold, I think the party will look lovely in any pictures with holiday decor in them :yay:. Could you give me some good suggestions on where decorations may compliment pictures the most on site? Which decor did you choose to go with your terrace site? I like the look (of course its only pictures) of minimal decor on site. But its hard to tell. The site seems small and intimate enough that it could quickly look crowded.

Because of the small guest count, I am thinking of a intimate dinner reception. I'm actually just beginning to make my list of places that I can wear my dress to, and can offer privacy for us. The dessert party seems nice, although I'm understanding that wearing your dress is a problem.

We booked outside vendors for everything, but prices are pretty comparable for many things. We decided to book our own photographer, at $1200 for 4 hours. This is in the ballpark of what the package runs, but we know who we are working with- which is not the case with the package. With floral we found out he is the same florist that is the 'package vendor' after we booked him- so we may be saving any middle man fees. His prices are comparable to what I have seen in other budgets in the least - $250 for peony & rose bouquet. The major benefit to going the route we choose was that we get to know our vendors, all of whom work with Disney and Swan brides. Some of them, our florist and photographer, offered paid in full discounts of 10% after we signed our contracts at some point. Our harpist was a bit cheaper to book directly- $300.

All in all, there is more work involved with selecting your own vendors. The benefits are that you have the potential to save a bit of cash and develop a more personal relationship with your vendors to customize your wedding. Everyone I've worked with has been extremely helpful and friendly. You have plenty of time to do your research if your so inclined. Going through the floral options, song choices, and ceremony wording, has definitely built excitement throughout our journey! Best wishes!! Whatever you decide (you can also ask them to provide some services off a menu and not the whole package) enjoy this time!!

We booked outside vendors for everything, but prices are pretty comparable for many things. We decided to book our own photographer, at $1200 for 4 hours. This is in the ballpark of what the package runs, but we know who we are working with- which is not the case with the package. With floral we found out he is the same florist that is the 'package vendor' after we booked him- so we may be saving any middle man fees. His prices are comparable to what I have seen in other budgets in the least - $250 for peony & rose bouquet. The major benefit to going the route we choose was that we get to know our vendors, all of whom work with Disney and Swan brides. Some of them, our florist and photographer, offered paid in full discounts of 10% after we signed our contracts at some point. Our harpist was a bit cheaper to book directly- $300.

All in all, there is more work involved with selecting your own vendors. The benefits are that you have the potential to save a bit of cash and develop a more personal relationship with your vendors to customize your wedding. Everyone I've worked with has been extremely helpful and friendly. You have plenty of time to do your research if your so inclined. Going through the floral options, song choices, and ceremony wording, has definitely built excitement throughout our journey! Best wishes!! Whatever you decide (you can also ask them to provide some services off a menu and not the whole package) enjoy this time!!

Thanks for the reply and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! JustMarry offers several packages which includes basics for about 1550. Photographer (limited time of course), basic floral, basic decorations, violinist, officiant. Besides wanting to upgrade my photographer- it seems lovely to sit back and let them do all of the work, unless there is a large difference in price. I'm looking through reviews to see if being lazy isn't always the way to go, I hope to read yours soon!

So sorry you were disappointed in Randy.
I had him for my VR (admittedly four years ago). I was delighted with my photos and did not find his style 'lack lustre ' at all. I think some of my shots are extremely elegant!!!
Just my opinion though.
Such a shame you are not happy xx
No, I really wasn't happy! Maybe 4 years ago Randy cared more and took the art of photography seriously. To make absolutely sure I was doing my due diligence I sent my photos to a friend of my family. A very high end fashion photographer. This man was stunned as well. The iso's were in the 1,000's and the fstops were all over the place. He didn't actually take the pics. Randy allowed the camera to choose all of these things for him. This is not photography. Maybe he didn't like us and he didn't care about my photos. I will continue to warn others. You get what you pay for!!!!
Also, I don't actually care if people say nice things or negative as long as it's the truth. For you it might have been, but I haven't seen your photos.

I am sorry, but I don't think that people on this board are scared to say anything negative - historically we have always been very honest with each other and if anything negative needs to be said, believe me we generally say it!!!
Please don't assume that just because you were disappointed in Randy, that others were too and afraid to speak up. Many brides were delighted with him and say so. Others do not like his style, like our lovely Faith, and say so.
I am sure people give their honest opinion here - please do not assume you have been mislead by our brides!!!
I am also one of the brides on here. I belong to another group and Randy and another photographer went after a couple of brides for speaking negatively. That is why I said some might be afraid. I'm not sure if I'm taking your tone correctly so I won't be as rude to you as you just were to me!

I am also one of the brides on here. I belong to another group and Randy and another photographer went after a couple of brides for speaking negatively. That is why I said some might be afraid. I'm not sure if I'm taking your tone correctly so I won't be as rude to you as you just were to me!

I think you took the tone of her post the wrong way. She has been on these boards for years, and I've never seen her be anything but nice, sweet, and helpful. I think she was just stating her opinion on what you were saying.

I think you took the tone of her post the wrong way. She has been on these boards for years, and I've never seen her be anything but nice, sweet, and helpful. I think she was just stating her opinion on what you were saying.
Well I'm sorry then! I used to be a "shrinking violet" when it came to speaking out. After being diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer and dealing with a ton of stuff this year and a half I had to change! I'm sure I mistook what she said. We all have a right to our opinion, that's for sure:)

Hi everyone! So, my wedding at the Crescent Terrace is in a few short weeks- Yay! so excited!! I have only used Just Marry! to secure my site location- and I've contacted vendors on my own for everything else. The person I've emailed with at Just Marry since the fall has been very sweet and responsive- only positive reviews. So now that I am in the one month point, I have been assigned my on-site coordinator Amanda. Great! She sent me a nice email last week with information yada yada. The next day I got another email from another person named Leanna McDonald saying that Amanda has "left the company to persue other things" and that she will be taking over as on-site coordinator.

Things happen, and I never had a chance to even respond to Amanda- but, I found this so odd. Anyway. Does anyone have experience with Leanna, and has this happened to anyone else (the switchero). I wouldn't have known or cared I guess if I never got that first email... Just curious!!!

Hi everyone! So, my wedding at the Crescent Terrace is in a few short weeks- Yay! so excited!! I have only used Just Marry! to secure my site location- and I've contacted vendors on my own for everything else. The person I've emailed with at Just Marry since the fall has been very sweet and responsive- only positive reviews. So now that I am in the one month point, I have been assigned my on-site coordinator Amanda. Great! She sent me a nice email last week with information yada yada. The next day I got another email from another person named Leanna McDonald saying that Amanda has "left the company to persue other things" and that she will be taking over as on-site coordinator.

Things happen, and I never had a chance to even respond to Amanda- but, I found this so odd. Anyway. Does anyone have experience with Leanna, and has this happened to anyone else (the switchero). I wouldn't have known or cared I guess if I never got that first email... Just curious!!!
This happened to me too! Diana left the company I got the same email and they gave me Amanda. Since you did all of the vendors yourself I wouldn't worry about it. After my ceremony I realized that half of my flowers were missing! They gave me a refund but it woul have been nice to have the flowers. I've never heard of Leanna, maybe she's new?

This happened to me too! Diana left the company I got the same email and they gave me Amanda. Since you did all of the vendors yourself I wouldn't worry about it. After my ceremony I realized that half of my flowers were missing! They gave me a refund but it woul have been nice to have the flowers. I've never heard of Leanna, maybe she's new?
Yikes! I wonder where these people go/why there is so much turnover? Thanks for the heads up! Red flag. Thankfully, my florist, photographer, officiant, and musician are all familiar with Disney/Swan weddings and I feel confident that as long as I touch base with them beforehand, things should run smoothly with them. I will just be sure to clarify a few things with Leanna that I had requested with Just Marry! (Parking passes, a getting ready space) and my ceremony layout arrangement. Our dinner and dessert party are through Disney Catering, which is a whole different person to contend with. I'll let you all know what happens and if I meet Leanna, maybe I will have a way to nicely ask.

Lindsey gave us the Dove Suite to get ready in February. Don't go into it thinking it's a nice suite. There was a large round folding table with chairs. A rack to hang clothes and a bathroom. There were also a ton I pens and markers for meetings I suppose. The room was terribly ugly. This is the room they use for brides. They didn't give us menus to order any kind of food for my wedding party. It was fine to get ready in.
Haha- thanks for the heads up! We have been given this same space.

Update- so far, so good! Leanna has been extremely helpful! We're just over 3 weeks out from our wedding.

We've shipped our welcome bags down to my FIL in Ocala and pulled out our luggage. We're having a meet & greet next weekend here in NY. Someone called Anthony my husband today while we were shopping and it made me smile that soon he really will be my hubby- after 10 years lol!!

There still seems to be a to-do list, but I've started both trimming and doing some of it at work. Luckily, just a few more payments.

I am sorry, Leehappy, if I offended you or came off as rude - I really didn't mean to.
I was just concerned that you seemed to be suggesting that some of our brides were not giving their true opinion of Randy's work, and I an certain this is not the case. I am confident our brides on here are honest in their posts regarding vendors. I am fairly sure nobody has deliberately misled you.
I would also hope nobody would be scared to state their opinion on here, as we have always been very comfortable with each other, despite differing opinions about things.
We have never had vendors taking offence at things or going after people on here, and long may that continue!!!
I admit that I did have an experience recently where I got a bit of a hard time for saying that I switched from Besute Speciale to Patricia LeJeune because of some bad communication, but that was on another board too.
I guess we all take as we find, don't we and, although I admit I know nothing of the technical side of photography, I know I was delighted with my photos from Randy, as others have been. I thought him a lovely man too, and I am saddened to hear that he had been less than courteous to brides on other boards.
Once again I am sorry you thought me rude, but I was simply stating my opinion - the same as you.
If you would like to have a quick look at my photos, the link to my PJ/TR is in my signature.
I hope that your health issues are now resolved, sweetie xx

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter