Swan and Dolphin- RFID

ckelly14

DIS Veteran
Here at the Dolphin for a conference and noticed they are still handing out regular paper tickets for 2 day hopper. I spoke to the front desk and there doesn't seem to be any plans to add RFID doors any time soon. I assume that people staying at the Swan and Dolphin will not have access to magic + or FP + in the future? I'm OK with the regular FP system but I assume early FP times will be harder to get when FP+ is started.

ckelly14 said:
Here at the Dolphin for a conference and noticed they are still handing out regular paper tickets for 2 day hopper. I spoke to the front desk and there doesn't seem to be any plans to add RFID doors any time soon. I assume that people staying at the Swan and Dolphin will not have access to magic + or FP + in the future? I'm OK with the regular FP system but I assume early FP times will be harder to get when FP+ is started.

The Swan and Dolphin are not operated by Disney. Although they've had EMH privileges, they've never had KTTW cards, charging privileges, shipping to the resort or DME. There's no reason to think they would install RFID locks because they're not part of the Disney system.

As far as Magic Band and FP+ go, Disney has begun selling RFID tickets so even if you're offsite, you should be able to go through the RFID turnstiles using those and use the FP+ system while in the park. No one knows how Disney plans to address resort guests or non-resort guests for advance ride reservations.

The other question is how convention tickets, YES tickets and CM main gate passes will be integrated into the new system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter