SW - This stinks!

boomhauer

When the world gets in my face, I say - Have A Nic
We purchased our departing and return flights seperately for December. We've been watching to see if an earlier flight comes out for the Friday we're leaving for the same price. I was just screwing around on their website - If you putin roundtrip, it brings up a $119 flight at 12:30PM. If you only put in one way, that same flight comes up at $159.

$40 would be no big deal, but times 3 people is $120.

No way to change it since we have seperate confirmation numbers.

I have found that it is usually cheaper to get round trip tickets then one way tickets.

I have found that it is usually cheaper to get round trip tickets then one way tickets.

I usually do it that way. I just didn't have the money the week the fares came out, so I wanted to at least get departing out of the way.

I could always call SW, cancel both flights, and rebook online.

We lucked out. I booked one-way for each leg of our flight (just booked return today) and everytime I've looked at the one-way vs. round-trip, it wasn't any cheaper for the round-trip.

I also figured we'd never get a better deal on our flight down there the Sunday after Thanksgiving so I wasn't going to wait, but we could see a DING for the return the following Sunday. I finally decided to just book that today to secure the flight times that we wanted and at an acceptable fare, so if I DING comes out, I'll just take the credit and be happy.

I usually price my trips both ways and it often comes out the same or just a bit more to book a one way fare each way. Since I have been very lucky with getting ding's I usually do book the one way since its so much easier to change to the ding fare. That to me its often worth the initial price even if its a bit higher.

TJ

There is a way to change it.

Cancel both one way tickets and rebook using the credit. That will leave you the $40 credit for a future flight. Now, that may mess up your "Ding" plan so you have to decide what it's worth to you.

Sometimes you don't have the option to book a roundtrip. For instance, when SW releases flights next week, they will open up my departing date, but not my returning date.

I could wait for a couple of months and try for a roundtrip, but there is a possibility that all the cheaper flights for my departing flight will be gone. So, I guess I"ll get my one-way flight and take my chances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter