SW Ding Info for new flyer

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
I understand that ding alerts you to specials, but how does it work? Do you specify what airport (like MCO!) or does it just come up with daily specials to anywhere? Just curious, I am looking for cheap airfare for Feb 2006 & want to jump on the SW fares when they come out. Thanks

You specify your home airport, or the one that you fly out of. DING will alert you with specials for the airport that you choose. You can only specify one airport right now, too.

If you have Windows 2000, you can't download DING. It sucks. :sad2:

I don't know why but DING notifies me of all airports specials. I thought that this was the way it worked. Is it only me, or does this happen to others as well? When I downloaded DING, I'm pretty sure I entered BUF as my home airport but it send me all the specials.

riu girl said:
I don't know why but DING notifies me of all airports specials. I thought that this was the way it worked. Is it only me, or does this happen to others as well? When I downloaded DING, I'm pretty sure I entered BUF as my home airport but it send me all the specials.

Same here. I get a big list each time.

MeetingMickeyin2006 said:
If you have Windows 2000, you can't download DING. It sucks. :sad2:

You actually can run Ding...

We have Windows 2000 also and were able to successfully install and run 'Ding' with this fix we found on another site.

After you run the Ding install program follow these instructions:

First, go to Start-->Search-->'Search for files and folders' and type gdiplus.dll and press enter. Chances are everyone who is running Windows 2000 has this file. Once you find the file select it, then right click and copy.

Second, go to Start-->Search-->'Search for files and folders' and type Ding. You are looking for the folder Ding placed on your harddrive after you installed it. Open up this folder, right click and then 'paste' the gdiplus.dll file into the folder. Restart your PC and you should be good to go

If for some reason you don't have this file I have uploaded it to our webspace so it can be downloaded. Just right click the link, select save target as, then download it to your desktop. Then extract the file to the Ding folder on your harddrive.

http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/gdiplus.zip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!