Survivor 46

I need to re-watch last week's final tribal council.

Ben: "I think to me the most fun moment was the idea of putting on a fashion show at the final 6 Tribal to disarm Q and Maria. I had Kenzie wearing my vest, I painted a rice is power advantage for Liz, Charlie wore my handkerchief, Maria wore my overalls, and I wore a Q Skirt! It was lit, and I don’t think even Jeff knew what was going on!"

Kenzie: "Our crazy clothes at the Q tribal were actually part of the plan pre-Tribal. Liz and I wanted to keep everyone at camp so no one could scramble or get paranoid — because things with 46 would always go bats--- insane literally 10 minutes before we had to leave. So she was playing up being weak and needing help with stuff, and when that wore off I came up with the idea to keep everyone IN CAMP and DISTRACTED with a fashion show.

We started going through everyone’s clothes that they had left from the clothesline, which we called the thrift store. And we wrote a whole club mix with one liners like “cancel Christmas,” and then the bass would drop and then we’d yell “I’m pissed!” We called it Club Snuff and everyone was so distracted thinking I am just a big dummy wanting to do a fun thing, when really it was me just keeping everyone where I could see them with my favorite thing — island fashion. No scrambles, no side convos — just the six of us trying on a bunch of dirty clothes. Strategy with a smile, wouldn’t have it any other way."

To your second point, I think part of the reason the idols aren't being used is because people truly believed they were safe.
I know there is creative editing on the show, but I would love to know if, watching it now, how aware they were of what was happening. It's easy for me to sit on my couch and say, "The pattern is to find an idol and go home with it in your pocket. I should play it no matter what!" I think Venus truly thought she was safe, but someone like Q should have enough self-awareness to know he was rubbing people the wrong way. I think the producers love how it played out, though.

I know there is creative editing on the show, but I would love to know if, watching it now, how aware they were of what was happening. It's easy for me to sit on my couch and say, "The pattern is to find an idol and go home with it in your pocket. I should play it no matter what!" I think Venus truly thought she was safe, but someone like Q should have enough self-awareness to know he was rubbing people the wrong way. I think the producers love how it played out, though.
If you listen to exit interviews, he thought he was safe. Kenzie, Liz, Charlie and Ben lied to Maria and she in turn reassured Q that he was safe.

Tiff said that she felt she was safe when she went home. She said that she had a close relationship with Charlie so didn't think he would lie to her. She said that she didn't know that Kenzie had mentioned voting her out until she watched it on TV.

I’m happy with who won. I think Liz is delusional. She would not have won.
I was wondering if I missed something. I can see the others shining her on, trying to make her feel good and pandering for her vote. But, seriously? Replace Ben with her, and you would have gotten the same vote result.

I’m fine with who won. I saw she got married and is having a baby. Charlie will do just fine financially in this world. I think Ben’s experience and learning how much he could do is priceless, and he got a nice check.

BUT Maria proved to be exactly who I thought she was.

Maria is a two-faced liar and I hope Charlie has noting to do with her. Voting for a winner because you think they could use the money more is a dumb way to vote.

Liz just gets more and more delusional. She would have received zero votes.

I think she won by getting the sympathy votes. Charlie outplayed her when it came to strategy, I just think people felt sorry for her. Yes the money will help her get her life started but it would have helped Charlie start his life too. I think he was in total shock after the votes were read.

Maria is a two-faced liar and I hope Charlie has noting to do with her. Voting for a winner because you think they could use the money more is a dumb way to vote.
For someone who was all about game play, serious about strategy etc ~ to verbally admit she gave money to someone she liked and who "needed it more" COMPLETELY devalued her entire game and made it worthless. Her being proud of herself ... 😂 I seriously hope Charlie doesn't pursue a friendship with her. Yes, there is game but this was clearly stabbing him in the back and devaluing his incredible game and her PROMISE to him.

I think she won by getting the sympathy votes. Charlie outplayed her when it came to strategy, I just think people felt sorry for her. Yes the money will help her get her life started but it would have helped Charlie start his life too. I think he was in total shock after the votes were read.
All those people who were all so serious about game play and big moves and how did you change the course of the game in the end made it a "popularity" vote that didn't have anything to do with game play. At least if you are voting with your heart and not your brain don't admit it. Did she win a couple things? Yes. Did she really make big moves ~ I mean they left her out of stuff because she was all over the place. I do think after a few weeks she finally realized it was a game and began to play and I am okay that she won IF they believed she outplayed. I think the jury failed in living up to their own pretense of what the game means. Again I'm not mad she won, I'm disappointed the game was devalued when there was a more clear player.

For Charlie ~ one of his first lawyer lessons in pleading a case, lining up your evidence and trusting your clients and sources. ALWAYS be prepared and ALWAYS watch your back.

I agree with the sympathy vote theory. Charlie nailed his coffin when he said he'd pay off his law school loans. He should have just talked about starting his life and not mentioned paying for school. He looked a bit miffed at the result though he redeemed himself when he said that Kenzie deserved to win. That showed grace even when his expression said otherwise.

I'd have been happy with any of the final 3 winning. I liked them all. It would have been more fun if there was a tie. I'd like to see how they'd handle that.

I agree with the sympathy vote theory. Charlie nailed his coffin when he said he'd pay off his law school loans. He should have just talked about starting his life and not mentioned paying for school. He looked a bit miffed at the result though he redeemed himself when he said that Kenzie deserved to win. That showed grace even when his expression said otherwise.

I'd have been happy with any of the final 3 winning. I liked them all. It would have been more fun if there was a tie. I'd like to see how they'd handle that.
Ben would have been the final vote. Wondering if he would have voted for Charlie since he brought him to the end.

I think Maria's temper tantrum just surpassed Liz's Applebees tantrum. At least Liz let it out and then moved on. Maria is a physical therapist. She is well off, doesn't need the money and she wanted to win. How would she have felt if she made it to the end and someone voted for Ben over her because Ben needed the money and she didn't? I wonder if she spent too much time with Q on Ponderosa. He would have been bitter about Charlie flipping and we know that, once he starts, he can't stop talking. I realize she didn't have a lot of time with the Ponderosa therapists before the vote, but I hope she took advantage of the therapy afterwards.

I appreciated seeing Charlie's disappointment last night. I don't know if he realized which vote was Maria's (from her writing?), but you could see the turning point. I was disappointed that Charlie didn't share more about his strategy and the moves that he made. Or maybe he did, but we didn't see it. Without his strategy and gameplay, it came down to three social players.

I think people are forgetting that Kenzie was playing pretty hard at the beginning. Bhanu outed her and, after the merge, she had to step back and make herself seem less threatening to the other tribes. I was surprised that Liz voted for Charlie.

What would have happened if it came down to 4:4? Is Ben the deciding vote? How he would have voted in the heat of the moment? He'll probably say that he would have voted for Kenzie so that the result would have been the same and Charlie's $1M loss won't be pegged on Maria. As much as he said that Charlie was a friend from the beginning, I think he sent Kenzie to fire to help her earn some cred.

Last edited:
Dalton Ross' interview with Kenzie is out: EW Article

So what happened after the cameras turned off? You win a million dollars, are drinking champagne, there's pizza, you do the after-show. What happens after that?

After that, the final three, it's so hard. I was so blacked out processing everything. I was like, I just won. I felt awful for Ben and Charlie. It was like a weird guilt, excitement mixture. And we all took a boat back to Ponderosa, the three of us together, and it was really special. And then we were partying with everyone, but we were so dirty. Everyone had been hanging out together and partying, and me and Charlie and Ben were kind of like… the after-show was all just too much and the three of us all just went to Ben's room and sat in the hot tub together, just the three of us. It was actually a bathtub outside, and we hung out and processed everything together. It was really special to end it with them.

I appreciated seeing Charlie's disappointment last night. I don't know if he realized which vote was Maria's (from her writing?), but you could see the turning point. I was disappointed that Charlie didn't share more about his strategy and the moves that he made. Or maybe he did, but we didn't see it. Without his strategy and gameplay, it came down to three social players.

If you read Charlie's interview with Dalton Ross you will see that he did just that. It just wasn't shown.

I do think Charlie outwitted them all and should have won. Kenzie admitted she rode coat tails. I am fine with the end result though, since Maria did not win. I hope Charlie does get à chance to play again at some point.

Q is such a trip.

You know what else tripped Charlie up? He said that it was his dream to make it to this point in the game. When questioned about it, he backpedaled and said that he of course wanted to win.

This isn't a mistake that any of my attorney friends would have made. They would have prepared everything in their heads first. However, I'm well aware that none of my friends have ever gone into a deposition or trial having just lost 14% of their body weight. Hunger definitely has an effect on mental acuteness.

You know what else tripped Charlie up? He said that it was his dream to make it to this point in the game. When questioned about it, he backpedaled and said that he of course wanted to win.

This isn't a mistake that any of my attorney friends would have made. They would have prepared everything in their heads first. However, I'm well aware that none of my friends have ever gone into a deposition or trial having just lost 14% of their body weight. Hunger definitely has an effect on mental acuteness.

We also only see an edited version of what was said. Charlie's interview talks about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter