SURVIVOR 37...and NOW Survivor 38 (no spoilers)

Wow!! Boston Rob and Sandra coming back as mentors. I wonder if there will be a twist somewhere in the game that allows 1 or both to enter the game as players.

No, I'm guessing it was part of a "package deal" two-season appearance fee sort of thing...allowing Rob and Sandra to come back as "coaches" for Season 39, and then remaining in Fiji for the filming of Season 40 (rumored to be an "all-winners" season) where they will play again as actual contestants.

No, I'm guessing it was part of a "package deal" two-season appearance fee sort of thing...allowing Rob and Sandra to come back as "coaches" for Season 39, and then remaining in Fiji for the filming of Season 40 (rumored to be an "all-winners" season) where they will play again as actual contestants.

Ah that's good info, thanks!!

I was Team Devins but then he pulled the fake immunity idol trick on Lauren, who helped him and Chris. He was pretty upset when that trick was played on him, and then he turned around and did it to someone else. He did not want to look like a fool but laughed when others tried to use the fake idols. I know it is part of the game, but don't get butthurt about it and then do it to someone else.

I was Team Devins but then he pulled the fake immunity idol trick on Lauren, who helped him and Chris. He was pretty upset when that trick was played on him, and then he turned around and did it to someone else. He did not want to look like a fool but laughed when others tried to use the fake idols. I know it is part of the game, but don't get butthurt about it and then do it to someone else.

I agree with people who found Devens to be entertaining...but, in my view, he did NOTHING remotely strategic to warrant being a deserving winner.

I was practically levitating in glee when Devens lost the fire-making challenge to Chris. :dogdance:

Honestly, I believe that Devens was largely playing it up for the camera so he could be invited back as a returning player for a future season (which he almost definitely will be).

I thought Chris's move to give up immunity and make fire was ballsy. I know it was strategic--Devens didn't want to have to make fire--but there was no guarantee that it would work out for him (Chris). Between that, and having so many friends on the huge jury (from his time on EoE), his win was a forgone conclusion at that point. I think the Gavin votes were from people who felt that he'd actually played for the 39 days.

Overall, though, a pretty boring season. I can't say I'm impressed with EoE as a plot device. I also felt that most of the players that made it to the final 7/6/5 got there, mostly because it started with 3 tribes, and they didn't have to face adversity early on--by adversity, I mean strategizing and risking being voted off. When you have 3 tribes, by definition, 2 are safe (usually...), so a fair number of people never saw a tribal for a pretty long stretch.

I will not watch if There is an Edge of Extinction 2.

Assuming that all the players have watched at least a hand full of seasons. Why wouldn't all of the players aggressively search for Idols. If for nothing else to keep the idols out of Devins hand.

I think it's time for Joe & Kelly to retire from Survivor.

If Devins does com back I hope he's one of the first out.

Aubry and David can come back anytime.

Devins' ponderosa was heartbreaking. He REALLY wanted it. I am sure all the players want it but Devins REALLY REALLY wanted it and it showed during the game.

I know a lot of people think Chris was a deserving winner but I don't, he didn't have to play the game. If they use something like EoE I think the person has to come back earlier than he did. I get that living on EoE was tough but they didn't have to worry about the game in the same way the people still playing were.

Of that final three Gavin deserved to win but his game was to under the radar. Best player on this season by far was Devins.

Well, Devins made the fatal error in working with Chris. He was safe those last 2 tribals (where Vic and Lauren were voted out) so he should have let Chris go (he could have went to Vic and Lauren and Gavin and said I have an idol that I will use on myself so vote Chris on the Vic vote or after that, on the Lauren vote, he could have been a jerk and NOT gave Chris that idol half back). Chris did work it really well to be safe though. If my hunk, Joe, had won back he would have just came back and sat there looking good. He would have been voted right back off if he didn't win immunity. It was also dumb of Lauren, Vic and Gavin to NOT vote Chris off that first tribal back. Yes, Devins deserved that win but he lost in fire making to Chris after helping Chris stay around so....

As someone said on other forum...Chris was the only one to slay the dragon.

I know a lot of people think Chris was a deserving winner but I don't, he didn't have to play the game. If they use something like EoE I think the person has to come back earlier than he did. I get that living on EoE was tough but they didn't have to worry about the game in the same way the people still playing were.

Of that final three Gavin deserved to win but his game was to under the radar. Best player on this season by far was Devins.

Yes but .. EoE was Survivor's plot device. Chris followed the rules. If he follows the rules and makes it to the final, it wouldn't be cool to then say "sorry even though you followed the rules, you can't win because you didn't play the game."

I agree that Devins was easily the best player. Not even close. I can't understand people posting that he wasn't strategic. Makes no sense.

Am I the only one that isn't a huge Devins fan? He just rubs me the wrong way - like he panders so much for the camera? Not that I can blame him, he's clearly thinking long term career and good for him. I just found it very suspicious that he found another idol and as much as I hate to say it, feels like the producers trying to keep one of the more interesting/polarizing players around.
I thought he was arrogant!!! Very glad he lost!

Well, Devins made the fatal error in working with Chris. He was safe those last 2 tribals (where Vic and Lauren were voted out) so he should have let Chris go (he could have went to Vic and Lauren and Gavin and said I have an idol that I will use on myself so vote Chris on the Vic vote or after that, on the Lauren vote, he could have been a jerk and NOT gave Chris that idol half back). Chris did work it really well to be safe though. If my hunk, Joe, had won back he would have just came back and sat there looking good. He would have been voted right back off if he didn't win immunity. It was also dumb of Lauren, Vic and Gavin to NOT vote Chris off that first tribal back. Yes, Devins deserved that win but he lost in fire making to Chris after helping Chris stay around so....

As someone said on other forum...Chris was the only one to slay the dragon.

And if Devins hadn't given the idol back, he would have been criticized by some on this board, and definitely by some on the jury.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Yes but .. EoE was Survivor's plot device. Chris followed the rules. If he follows the rules and makes it to the final, it wouldn't be cool to then say "sorry even though you followed the rules, you can't win because you didn't play the game."

I agree that Devins was easily the best player. Not even close. I can't understand people posting that he wasn't strategic. Makes no sense.

I know he followed the rules but that doesn't mean he was a deserving winner.

I know he followed the rules but that doesn't mean he was a deserving winner.

In terms of years past, yes probably not. Julie was a joke. And someone else said it earlier about Gavin, he sounds like a dope when he talks.

Southern drawl= dope. As a North Carolinian, I take offense. (Not really :-) But he wasn't a big dope...just had a southern drawl).

I like the southern drawl but it sounds better when women have it. I didn't like Gavin's. Not a huge fan of that semi-mustache either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter