Survivor 34: Game Changers

I think Cirie's popularity relates to the "everywoman" idea. She's not model beautiful. Doesn't have a bikini body, like most women who play this game (dare I say, nearly EVERY other woman who plays the game). So, she's more like "us" and we see ourselves in her. For awhile, I toyed with the idea of submitting an application for this game, but ultimately didn't because I would never be picked...over 50, lacking a bikini body, etc. So, Cirie plays for me.

I think Cirie's popularity relates to the "everywoman" idea. She's not model beautiful. Doesn't have a bikini body, like most women who play this game (dare I say, nearly EVERY other woman who plays the game). So, she's more like "us" and we see ourselves in her. For awhile, I toyed with the idea of submitting an application for this game, but ultimately didn't because I would never be picked...over 50, lacking a bikini body, etc. So, Cirie plays for me.

She's also got that "fish out of water" thing going for her--you know, never went camping, never fished, a city girl through and through. So, a lot of people can relate to her.

Not going to happen but what if:

1. Brad wins immunity
2. Tai, Trozan and Sarah play their idols.
3. The vote goes 3-3 for Aubry and Cirie
4. With the rule change there is no revote.
5. The 4 can't agree unanimously on whom to vote out.
6. They're then supposed to draw rocks but by previous rules of rocks the tied players are immune , and also everyone else is immune.

Like I said not going to happen but would be interesting if it ever did.

Voting out Michaela was a good move. It reassures Tai, it removes a challenge threat and a Cirie pawn. I think it reveals something about the mindset of the remaining players. They are going for challenge threats first and they aren' trying to flush Tai's idols because they don't think he can win the jury vote. Brad's next.

Sarah is playing a good game but I'm not sure she's managing the jury very well. Also, I think she's boring. In my opinion, a Cirie win would be the best ending for this season. Not just because she was my pick from the beginning. :rolleyes1

Voting out Michaela was a good move. It reassures Tai, it removes a challenge threat and a Cirie pawn. I think it reveals something about the mindset of the remaining players. They are going for challenge threats first and they aren' trying to flush Tai's idols because they don't think he can win the jury vote. Brad's next.

Sarah is playing a good game but I'm not sure she's managing the jury very well. Also, I think she's boring. In my opinion, a Cirie win would be the best ending for this season. Not just because she was my pick from the beginning. :rolleyes1

Why Cirie?

Why Cirie?
I think she was a major social threat coming into this game. Kinda of like Sandra, she was marked as someone that you couldn't let go too deep into the game and yet here she is. From a story perspective, there's not much pre-merge because she never went to tribal council. Post-merge, she's played from behind. The show has consistently shown her strategizing with players, putting ideas in their heads and letting them do the dirty work. Last night, she tried to break cover with a big move and it bonked big time. I don't think that takes much away from what she's accomplished so far. In fact, it would make her comeback win even more dramatic.

I think she was a major social threat coming into this game. Kinda of like Sandra, she was marked as someone that you couldn't let go too deep into the game and yet here she is. From a story perspective, there's not much pre-merge because she never went to tribal council. Post-merge, she's played from behind. The show has consistently shown her strategizing with players, putting ideas in their heads and letting them do the dirty work. Last night, she tried to break cover with a big move and it bonked big time. I don't think that takes much away from what she's accomplished so far. In fact, it would make her comeback win even more dramatic.

I agree with what you are saying she has done but I think you need to be a threat in more than one part of the game. I don't think you have to be the best in each part but you need to contribute. From a physical perspective she is more of a handicap than a help to anyone she has to work with.

I was thinking that maybe another reason that Mikayla was voted out was because she came across to Brad the wrong way when she "suggested" he go fish. There is so much that we don't see so maybe he was gunning for her.

I was thinking that maybe another reason that Mikayla was voted out was because she came across to Brad the wrong way when she "suggested" he go fish. There is so much that we don't see so maybe he was gunning for her.

I'm actually surprised Brad kept his cool as well as he did. What a rude condescending little punk Mikayala is.

I'm a guy who loves hot women in bikinis, bu I've always been a fan of Cirie. She just seems very likeable and normal.

Okay, I had fallen four episodes behind, and it's been KILLING me not to be able to join in on the conversation about the show.

Finally knocked them all out last night, so it's been fun(albeit confusing) to come in here and read 10 pages' worth of commentary. Hard to remember the order of the episodes!

A few notes(and I'm trying my best not to just rehash anything that's already been said)....

-The first season she played, Debbie was amusing. Delusional, and smug in a "bless her heart" kind of way, not in a cocky way(to me). She was fun to watch. This season....complete opposite. So happy she was voted out, but now I'm irritated that she's clearly using her jury seat to angle for screen time with her facial expressions, her sly turns and winks/nods to other jury members, and flipping the bird at current players. You lost, dearie....get over yourself.

-The last episode was terrific and infuriating all at the same time. I was hoping to read the last few pages and have my confusion cleared up at how Michaela somehow emerged as the loser in that whole mess, but I'm still no closer to understanding exactly what the heck went on. It was a great TC, I just wish it had been part of a full episode so that everything Cirie/Sarah had in mind could have been fleshed out in interviews/convos beforehand. The Michaela thing seemingly came out of nowhere.

-Of the ones left, only Sarah and Cirie really *deserve* to win, but if Brad can somehow spearhead the effort to remove one(or both) of those two and make it to the finals, he has a case. All I want from the finale are A)A truly deserving winner, instead of someone who wins by default, and B)None of that "let's walk around and reflect on everyone who got voted off" nonsense. I. Hate. Those. Things.

Out.

Finale week! Who's your pick to win it and why?
Cirie. I just like her plus I think her social game is good. If she doesn't win I'd be okay with Brad winning lol

I think Sarah will win she getting the winners edit it seems. I'm not sure what to think about Troyzan they have hardly shown him. I have to wonder if he's the darkhorse and doesn't make F3

Last edited:
The last episode was terrific and infuriating all at the same time. I was hoping to read the last few pages and have my confusion cleared up at how Michaela somehow emerged as the loser in that whole mess, but I'm still no closer to understanding exactly what the heck went on. It was a great TC, I just wish it had been part of a full episode so that everything Cirie/Sarah had in mind could have been fleshed out in interviews/convos beforehand. The Michaela thing seemingly came out of nowhere.

I think people were just fed up with her. She's a brat. And her loud mouth was so obnoxious in that last tribal. She kept shouting, "slide to the left, slide to the left." It was actually hurting my ears just listening to her on TV, I can only imagine what the other players felt.

I think Sarah will win. I base that strictly on the editing. I don't know any spoilers. It just seems like they slowly focus in on one person and inevitably...it ends up being the winner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter