Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

Trying to get caught up Dan...sorry I'm so behind. I'm still several chapters from being current, but at least wanted to say that I loved the "shirt's on Mickey" story. How cool! And if I'm ever feeling constipated, apparently It's a Small World is the place to go. (no pun intended). (yeah right). :laughing:

no problem glenn take your time, but check my correct answer on your report first.

and make sure that you at least have the power to hold it while on small world, would hate for you to shut down the ride with your bio break.

Perfect ending to the trip by swimming before pool.

I would have been so nervous on the take off. I usually smack Vinny's knees when I get nervous on a plane. LOL

Nice stuff you brought home.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

it was nice to not have to get up and leave early in the morning to have a little time to undwind that afternoon.

remind me to never sit next to you on a plan...

thanks for reading along scott.

keep up the good work with your journey my friend.

First of all, Parker's luggage looks veryyy familiar! We have the same bag! I can't remember if that was the 2010 purchase with purchase or the 2008 one...but, it's been my favorite one so far and gets a lot of use!

Those skies are very ominous! But, glad to read Parker enjoyed the less than smooth take-off! And how great that Noelle slept the entire flight!
it was the 2010 give away, he got that when we went with my parents that year.

yep he seemed to really enjoy it.

That's really neat you were able to discern the area around your house from the sky and at night with the lights is awesome! I always find that so fun! When I visit my parents in PA, I sometimes fly into the tiny local regional airport close to their house, and the only way into that airport is on a very small turbo-prop. There's been a few times, depending on the direction we come in, or take-off when I leave, that I've been able to follow the main road into my hometown, and actually see my parents' house from the plane! It's such a cool experience to have a birds-eye view of where you grew up! I definitely understand Parker's enthusiasm!

Anyway, I digress...that is quite a stash of Mickey bathroom product! Very impressive! :thumbsup2

I'll also join in with the chorus of those who can't believe your trip report has come to an end! It was such a joy to read and I can't wait to find out what you've got planned for your next trip! :goodvibes
it was neat to see the home since the last few trips we came in from the west to avoid storms or the wind and have not flown in that way since our honeymoon.

thanks, it is fun to have a mickey stash you can use all year long.
:thumbsup2

it does seem like we just started the report in a way, but then again it was over a year ago.
:eek: im sad to see it end as well but ready for the next one.

Chapter 76. The next trip news

our next trip is planned, and after holding off on it for a while i will let you guys in on the details well some of that i know so far.

we are planning to be there next august...

the 3rd through the 16th...our dates could change a little bit but for the most part that is them...not sure exactly when we will leave yet.

as of right now we booked a room at AoA again in the little mermaid section...we booked the trip about 3 months ago to make sure we could get a room there...but 90% sure that is not where we will finally end up when the trip rolls around.

see we love camping and have been camping with this since 2009

not the best picture of it right now, but it works...and we want to keep camping but it is getting to small for our family and the kids...

so i sold it about 6 weeks ago. to a family from wisconsin...

well then i got rid of my truck that you can sort of see in that picture as well.

and got this new ride.

not the best picture of it, but the only one i had on my phone to share.

it can pull alot more weight than the other truck and will be able to pull a larger camper that we are eyeing...so we are hoping to get a new camper in the spring which then it would change our disney plans...

we would cancel our hotel reservation at AoA and then book at the campground and drive the camper and the truck down to disney and camp for 2 weeks....

i wont be starting a pretr right now for that trip but just wanted to give a few of the details for it...

i know august is hot, but so is june and we had to pick either june july or august for the trip...and august on average is 1 degree and 1 % more humidity so we can handle that...i mean you can have unbearable times any time of the summer there it is always a roll of the dice so we will just make the best of it no matter what we get when we go.

and the best part it is still before noelle turns 3 so she is still free, and it will be about 1 week before her birthday so we are going to celebrate that down there as well.

the kids are excited we have told them about it, but they dont understand how long away it is, just that it is next summer.

we have already started buying some stuff for it...we have racked up 15 new vinylmations so far to trade away. i got a great deal at disney store on clearance and then another % off...so made them really cheap.

right now there is a 5.5 step plan to get to disney and we are on step number 4

the steps are
1. pay off camper :thumbsup2
2. pay off truck :thumbsup2
3. trade in truck :thumbsup2
3.5 sell camper :thumbsup2
4. get bigger camper
5. pay for disney

the 3.5 was added because i was going to trade in the camper but then decided to sell it this fall instead of waiting till the spring and figured i would not have to worry about the camper then during the rest of this year and would get more money out of it that way. which worked out good. so that is the story for now.

That's great you are getting bigger camper. Camping at FW in RV is awesome as you know.

:woohoo::woohoo: for another summer trip. Personally, I am hoping we can go the very end of August or the beginning of September as the rain in August was awful. But hopefully, as you are going earlier, it won't be so bad.

Sounds like a great plan!:thumbsup2 You are doing really great on your goals. If you do get the camper, it would make sense to camp, because you are already paying for the trailer, so your room is already paid for - except for the space rent. I don't know if that is Disney math, but it's my 2 cents. How long does it take to get there - 2 days for you?

All caught up and you are just about done. :blush:
Love the haul of toiletries. A bit scary on the take off. :eek:

Next Aug huh.... :scratchin

Well, I'm finally caught up (only took me most of fall break to get there)! Looks like you had a great end to your trip. I love the idea of a later flight home and then hanging out at the resort pool for the morning. Might have to make note of that for next fall...:thumbsup2

The kids are growing like weeds!! Is Parker enjoying Kindergarten? Will is nuts about it. It's so weird for them ALL to be in school all day.

Looking forward to the favorite things!

Great initial plans for your next trip!!!

How exciting that you may be camping in Disney!! That just sounds like so much fun! I'm already looking forward to reading about it! :-)

Have a great time planning!! :-)

Always nice to have that next trip on the books! We all need something to look forward to.

Hope the details with the camper work out and you can head to FW!:thumbsup2

That's great you are getting bigger camper. Camping at FW in RV is awesome as you know.

we are really excited and hope it works out, but we will see...:)

:woohoo::woohoo: for another summer trip. Personally, I am hoping we can go the very end of August or the beginning of September as the rain in August was awful. But hopefully, as you are going earlier, it won't be so bad.

that is about as late as we can go with parker in school, i wish they wouldnt mind taking him out but he does alot better learning in the classroom than when he works with us on stuff so i think he needs to be in the classroom...we will just work around it.:thumbsup2

Sounds like a great plan!:thumbsup2 You are doing really great on your goals. If you do get the camper, it would make sense to camp, because you are already paying for the trailer, so your room is already paid for - except for the space rent. I don't know if that is Disney math, but it's my 2 cents. How long does it take to get there - 2 days for you?

sounds like disney math to me...and who can beat family time:thumbsup2 plus we would save alot more just on breakfast and our own drinks already with us not buying those...

yep two days, i might split it up though a little bit more as i would like to get there really early on the day we check in to get a premo spot...::yes:: so possibly three days on the way down, one long on sort of long and one really short.

All caught up and you are just about done. :blush:
Love the haul of toiletries. A bit scary on the take off. :eek:

Next Aug huh.... :scratchin

i love me some mickey soaps...i need to take a picture of the older ones i have and post them.

yep august...would make a good use of that annual pass you have.:thumbsup2;)

Well, I'm finally caught up (only took me most of fall break to get there)! Looks like you had a great end to your trip. I love the idea of a later flight home and then hanging out at the resort pool for the morning. Might have to make note of that for next fall...:thumbsup2

The kids are growing like weeds!! Is Parker enjoying Kindergarten? Will is nuts about it. It's so weird for them ALL to be in school all day.

Looking forward to the favorite things!

yep makes perfect sense no reason to wake up really early just to fly home and generally costs the same to fly home later and enjoy more disney.

parker is loving kindergarten...he is enjoying learning everything.

Great initial plans for your next trip!!!

How exciting that you may be camping in Disney!! That just sounds like so much fun! I'm already looking forward to reading about it! :-)

Have a great time planning!! :-)

we had a blast camping there two trips ago and are really looking forward to doing it again...it is just such a peacful place to camp but still the disney moods all around.

we are already getting excited talking about where we want to eat and so forth.

So excited that you are going on another trip! I look forward to another TR!

thanks we are really looking forward to it as well, and since it is at the end of the summer will give us something to look forward to as we enjoy the summer before we go.
:beach:

Always nice to have that next trip on the books! We all need something to look forward to.

Hope the details with the camper work out and you can head to FW!:thumbsup2

yep and it is fun to plan even this far out...but of course you are never done planning a trip even while you are enjoying the trip.

im really hoping as well, i have found a few that we just love...but a couple of behind the scene things need to happen first.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter