Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

Catching up, again :goodvibes

The Halloween costumes were really cute! I took my 6 month old out. I decided not to do a Disney costume this year so he was a lion.

The interaction with Mickey is priceless. You got some great shots there!

Excuse me while I get a tissue....that is why we all go back to Disney year after year for that incredible magic.:goodvibes

Continuing on the day,

Trying to see all the shows you want at MGM is something that takes a little bit of skill, you need to plan where to be and when and when you might want to eat and so forth to try and leave room for things to do that are not scheduled show times and if you have to fit them in around this or that.

You'll have to let me in on that little secret before Mackie's and my next trip. I can never time it just right to see most of what we want to see. I usually give up the ghost and just wing it. :laughing:

So we headed over to see Mickey mouse.
Noelle lost the leggings and was ready to sprint out of the blocks.
DSC07228.jpg

:rotfl: I love it!! More of her personality!! :thumbsup2

we skipped everyone else and went right to mickeys line.

when it was our turn the CM working let me come into the rope area before parker and wait to get his reaction because she knew he was excited.

Photo0201FourBySix.jpg

he held this pose for pretty much 30 seconds, he was hugging mickey so tight that he did not want to let go...i looked over at candi and she had the happy tears that she did when she found out our resort but was even more so this time because it was for her son and she could see how happy it made him to be with mickey and just have his moment.

Awwww!

when he finally let go it was time for an autograph.
DSC03986.jpg

Photo0205FourBySix.jpg

his eyes crack me up in this one.
Photo0209FourBySix.jpg

:rotfl: Priceless!!

Photo0211FourBySix.jpg

parker let the rest of us come into a picture after he had his time with mickey.

Photo0220FourBySix.jpg

Look at that smile!

when we were done parker was still looking at mickey with a im not sure i want to leave type expression lets hang out.

so i asked him if he wanted to give mickey another hug and he ran and pretty much threw himself at mickey.

i really liked this image that we added to the photopass it just sums up the picture and the experience we had.
Photo0229FourBySix.jpg

Perfection. <big sigh>

when we walked out of line, me and candi looked at each other and had the same look of that already made the trip worth it.

i can neither confirm nor deny that if we talked about i would have gotten choked up with how happy parker was to meet mickey.

Where are those dang tissues.....:sad:

I can neither confirm nor deny that your last picture of Parker did or did not bring tears to my eyes.

That's what trips, and dreams are made of. Right there. In that picture.

Add me to list neither confirming or denying.:rolleyes1

Excuse any typos as I am wiping my eyes with one hand and typing with the other.

THAT is the Disney MAGIC we all love. :goodvibes

Not like your kids can get any cuter, and then you throw these pictures in there! Isn't it wonderful to see their faces light up, and seeing Parker loving on Mickey so much...........

Need to get some sleep! My eyes are tired and starting to water...... :goodvibes

First, I have to say that you are the first person I have ever heard of that liked ABC Commissary for food. :crazy2:

I was thinking the same thing, Ms. Kat. I hear such awful reviews. Good to hear a good one, maybe they are trying to come back! :thumbsup2

You already know that I think your kids are adorable...I've met them in person. But those pictures are priceless.

And I am confirming right now and here that I am sitting here typing this with tears in my eyes.

That there is exactly what Disney is all about.

What she said.

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Excuse me while I get a tissue....that is why we all go back to Disney year after year for that incredible magic.:goodvibes

::yes:: :sad: :lovestruc

The pictures of Parker and Noelle holding handings walking look like they could be part of a Disney commercial...:goodvibes

Parker has such a happy, believing look on his face with Sorcerer Mickey... it's like anything is possible and everything is good... :thumbsup2

Hey Dan! Thanks for stopping by my thread even though family stuff kept me pretty AFK. I'm finally making the rounds and playing some MAJOR catch-up as I last checked in during the backstory phase. Candi looked very cute on the morning of the surprise. It looked like Parker did a good job with his treasure hunt, sorry he didn't jump for joy when he found out. It was similar with the girls ...they didn't quite beleive us. And then it ramped up as his did to excited questions and such.

I'm glad Candi's surprise went off so well - great feet wiggling ;)

Parker better watch out for little sis, she'll be head-butting him soon. Great job super-dad'ing the luggage to baggage check. Cute pic of Parker holding on to you durng take-off.

Oops on the wrong turn, but nice to stop in front of the WDW sign - we have pics in front of it from last year's trip. Cool theming on the cruise line bus, great portholes. Good job contorting yourself to catch a shot of the WDW gates. Nice first CM encounter with the greeter at AoA, especially Parker's puzzle.

The lobby looks amazing!

i'll have to pick this up tomorrow, getting late here and a long day of work tomorrow. Great TR so far :thumbsup2

Great Mickey pictures! Obviously Parker was thrilled.

Love that you're already teaching Noelle the basics of beer bongs. :rotfl2::rotfl:

I'm following along on this trip report! It's so much fun to share your love of Disney with your kids, isn't it? Parker was so cute meeting Mickey. My son was 2 when he met Woody and he didn't want to stop hugging him. I gotta say..Parker looks exactly like you but I'm sure you hear that all the time. Can't wait to read more about your trip!
:welcome: thanks for reading along...

the trips are something we all hope they will cherish forever

thats great you got to experience your son with the characters like that it makes the trip worth it as i am sure you are aware.

his and my child pictures are very much identical.

I can neither confirm nor deny that your last picture of Parker did or did not bring tears to my eyes.
dont blame me it was mister photopass guy who captured it...and well worth the CD price.:thumbsup2
Nice deathgrip!

That's what trips, and dreams are made of. Right there. In that picture.
very true...glad we have it on record to remember for years to come.

I was going to say exactly what eandesmom said! How awesome!

Totally makes every penny spent with it when you see that! No wonder why Disney is so addicting, you would love to see that smile all the time.
very true, i need to show this to the people that ask, "your going again? why?"

maybe they would get it then.

Add me to list neither confirming or denying.:rolleyes1

Excuse any typos as I am wiping my eyes with one hand and typing with the other.

THAT is the Disney MAGIC we all love. :goodvibes
can i use this excuse for my typos?:rolleyes1 thanks pat

What cute Halloween pix !!!
thanks rosie...glad you enjoyed them.

The pix of Parker with Mickey are priceless:cloud9:
thanks, it was a great character meet thats for sure.

Forgot to mention our 1 trip to ABC was not good, but I think the fish and shrimp will get me to try it again!! As I recall it was the rolls for the hamburgers that were awful, they like disintegrated , but fish and shrimp is my kinda meal and the place has AC !!!!!

huh, candi didnt complain about her bun for her sandwich wonder if it is the same as the burgers?

i bet you would enjoy the shrimp and fish good portion and nice change from the normal park food.

Not like your kids can get any cuter, and then you throw these pictures in there! Isn't it wonderful to see their faces light up, and seeing Parker loving on Mickey so much...........

Need to get some sleep! My eyes are tired and starting to water...... :goodvibes
it is, great interaction...you big softy, i bet you are tired? well maybe you were waiting for me to send you a picture of our halloween outfits you were prob. up late huh?
:rotfl:
First, I have to say that you are the first person I have ever heard of that liked ABC Commissary for food. :crazy2:

You already know that I think your kids are adorable...I've met them in person. But those pictures are priceless.

And I am confirming right now and here that I am sitting here typing this with tears in my eyes.

That there is exactly what Disney is all about.
yep we actually really enjoyed it pleased with our first trip there.

thanks kathy...and glad i could help clean out your eye ducts for the evening.

Great interaction with Mickey Mouse. Parker looked so happy pixiedust:

We tried abc commissary one year on a whim and loved it :thumbsup2

Forgot to comment I think on Halloween post. They looked great :goodvibes
thanks sharky,

one thing we wanted to do this trip was try places we have never eaten at, we did okay for the most part...

The pic with Parker and Mickey and his eyes are looking at Mickey is priceless. You should frame it.

Great update and pics.
thanks scott, i love those photopass ones, they captured some really great ones.

it is going in his book thats for sure.

What she said.

:goodvibes :goodvibes
got to you to huh?
:laughing:
Catching up, again :goodvibes

The Halloween costumes were really cute! I took my 6 month old out. I decided not to do a Disney costume this year so he was a lion.

The interaction with Mickey is priceless. You got some great shots there!
thanks, parkers were left from last year, noelle was luckily enough to get all of hers really decent price or from people so she lucked out...i bet the lion was pretty cute.:thumbsup2

somehow the magic sucks us back in each year, and keeps us coming back for more.

Where are those dang tissues.....:sad:
well since all your comments were imbedded in the response...i will say yes.:thumbsup2

:rotfl:

no just kidding, you are right about the picture of noelle that is her personality for sure, she is the goofball of the family even more than me and parker.

I absolutely love those magical Disney moments. Keeps pulling me back year after year. :goodvibes
it sure does, they get all of us.

The pictures of Parker and Noelle holding handings walking look like they could be part of a Disney commercial...:goodvibes

Parker has such a happy, believing look on his face with Sorcerer Mickey... it's like anything is possible and everything is good... :thumbsup2

i should send that to them or post it to there facebook, and see if i get a call.:thumbsup2

very true love the believe stage, heck im still in it.
:upsidedow

Hey Dan! Thanks for stopping by my thread even though family stuff kept me pretty AFK. I'm finally making the rounds and playing some MAJOR catch-up as I last checked in during the backstory phase. Candi looked very cute on the morning of the surprise. It looked like Parker did a good job with his treasure hunt, sorry he didn't jump for joy when he found out. It was similar with the girls ...they didn't quite beleive us. And then it ramped up as his did to excited questions and such.

I'm glad Candi's surprise went off so well - great feet wiggling ;)

Parker better watch out for little sis, she'll be head-butting him soon. Great job super-dad'ing the luggage to baggage check. Cute pic of Parker holding on to you durng take-off.

Oops on the wrong turn, but nice to stop in front of the WDW sign - we have pics in front of it from last year's trip. Cool theming on the cruise line bus, great portholes. Good job contorting yourself to catch a shot of the WDW gates. Nice first CM encounter with the greeter at AoA, especially Parker's puzzle.

The lobby looks amazing!

i'll have to pick this up tomorrow, getting late here and a long day of work tomorrow. Great TR so far :thumbsup2
thanks,
take your time, you have alot going on right now...even with reactions that we are not expecting they are still good as you are heading to disney.:yay:

she isnt head butting but trys to bite him all the time.

the entire hotel is fantastic as you will see in the next few updates that you read through...thanks for playing catch up.

Great Mickey pictures! Obviously Parker was thrilled.

Love that you're already teaching Noelle the basics of beer bongs. :rotfl2::rotfl:

thanks.

thats as far as the teaching will go as i plan to keep her in the house till she is 28, by the time she is ready for college she can go completely online.:thumbsup2:rotfl:

The pictures of your two little ones holding hands are priceless. And, just reading about your son meeting Buzz, Woody, and Mickey, oh my, just warmed my heart! Such wonderful memories there! I can't wait to be able to share moments like that with DD next year! (of course at 14 months it'll be a tiny bit different!) Just hoping she's not too afraid of the characters!! :-/ Looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

The pictures of your two little ones holding hands are priceless. And, just reading about your son meeting Buzz, Woody, and Mickey, oh my, just warmed my heart! Such wonderful memories there! I can't wait to be able to share moments like that with DD next year! (of course at 14 months it'll be a tiny bit different!) Just hoping she's not too afraid of the characters!! :-/ Looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

thanks, the memories at that age are going to be totally different than any other time of there life...she will soak all the atmosphere in and just enjoy seeing everything..and dont be afraid to let her down to walk around (or course holding your hand with alot of people) and explore disney.

the second week once ours was more comfy with the characters, she did great walking up to them and handing them her autograph book to sign, very cute.

Before i start the chapter here are a few possible trip report titles I am going to let you in on.

These were tossed around as possible alternates to the chosen title.

-Going to Disney as a Bachelor.

explained: a week before the trip, my rink recieved 2 cracks directly across from each other that went about 3/4 of the way around the ring, (think i did it while tightening some stuff with a wrench. i remember really having to grip it and rip it.) so did not want to chance it breaking and lossing it on vacation to so we sent it in...Finally got it back this week. Cost more to repair it than I paid for it....Stupid price of gold going up.:furious:

but its fixed now so thats all that matters.

Another contender was

-Need to get ride of these thong tan lines.

explained, I sort of sat out in a parade during the summer and happened to be wearing flip flops or thongs if you will, and had a much different shade of white on my feet the rest of the summer that was still there when we went on our trip and is still there to this day....the florida sun in the water parks did not help take that away.

moving on the to the chapter.

Right around the corner was the Pooh meet and greet which has since been replaced with wreck it ralph.

We told parker and noelle we were going to see Pooh.

Noelle must have misunderstood me.
DSC03992.jpg

she took me at my words.

well nuts, we thought about getting out of line, but parker was set on seeing pooh and noelle well....she had her own meet and greet going on, luckily it wasnt a big meet and stink.

but she did look at pooh with the ive got a surprise for you expression.
DSC03993.jpg

side bar: i love the photopass photographers, and the whole concept, think it is great, but one thing that gets me is about half them wait to take pictures until after your kid has gotten the autograph, and miss the whole running up to them and hugging and excited first phase of the interaction...:confused: no idea why but i have learned to always be ready with mine and get those moments in case they miss them or arent paying attention.

this one was paying attention but just not picking up the camera to take a shot, so i quickly did to get this hug.
DSC03994.jpg

a little family picture. well maybe pooh did get a wiff he was leaning toward me more.:scratchin
Photo0234FourBySix.jpg

Interaction complete diaper geronimo complete it was time to head out and change noelle, we never made it back in to see the incredibles.

drat: that goes on the list for next time for sure.

it is time to wait in the jake and the neverland pirates line.

candi and parker waited in the line while i sat out with noelle till they got closer to the front..someone was happy to be playing around with some water on a warm day.
DSC04002.jpg

the whole time he was in line which you can see just past noelles stroller, parker would yell loudly to me,
"daddy handy manny is on the other side of the wall, we are going to him next."

i think people around us for the next 5-8 minutes knew what are plans were after we were done with Jake. :laughing:

so i will share what they did not take.
photopass man getting hugging picture of parker and jake ZERO...daddy Plus 2
DSC04003.jpg

DSC04005.jpg

but he did get some good family shots.

Photo0253FourBySix.jpg

Photo0256FourBySix.jpg

Since everyone knew we were headed to see Handy Manny we could not let them down.

There was one person in front of us.

Parker ran up to him and photopass guy for handy came in for the win.
Photo0260FourBySix.jpg

DSC04010.jpg

Photo0267FourBySix.jpg

With a few successful character greets completed it was time to hit the ride train again...we had some fastpasses for TSM burning a whole in my wallet that were set to start soon and expire during when we wanted to see the beauty and the beast show.

So Candi took noelle to have a leasure stroll to the show, while parker and I went to use up the TSM fastpass and get one more ride in for the day.

Fast passes were already gone for later in the day, and we had about 7 minutes till we could get in line to enter. so we saw an army man to kill some time.
we did not have the autograph book on us it was in the stroller.
DSC04013.jpg

A few minutes before our time a CM asked when our return time was and we showed him, he said ohh go ahead and enter, we let you in 5 minutes before the time listed.:confused3 Never had others do that but we were all for it.

Our chariot was none other than Hamm

DSC07230.jpg

spinning around in the game, i feel my pocket buzz it is candi informing me via text where she is in the beauty and the beast show....seriously i checked my phone for that, man i could have been racking up major points.

i still ended with my highest total of the day.
DSC07231.jpg

but i do have to admit if i did not check that message i believe i would have beaten the person who through up the best in vehicle total.
DSC07232.jpg

parker and i high tailed it over to the show and found noelle and candi about 2 minutes before the show started...

just one picture or i cant prove we saw the show.
DSC04022.jpg

what did the kids think of the show.

parker loved it. he sat upright the whole show just staring at it, and when it was over he clapped the loudest in our section.
DSC04031.jpg

headed to the parade next.:cool1:

Next time a parade and a Chinese family adopts me.

Love all the character pics

Good call snapping pics of when kids first see character. Great interaction

OMG...Noelle and taking Pooh too literally....:lmao:

Can't wait for more pixiedust:

Great Update Dan !!Parker is really into all the characters sooooo cute !!!Noelle added her own surprise to The POOH meet!!!:rotfl2:

Ah, it seems like a great day you guys really are having at DHS!! Playhouse Disney characters are the ones I haven't met, and I personally haven't met the army men, they seem pretty awesome! I love that Parker loved the B&tB show so much, that's totally great!! Yay!

Great photopass (and daddy) pictures. I'm really surprised by the photopass photographers NOT getting the "meeting shots...we always get those. :confused3

How very sweet of Noelle to have a little surprise for "Pooh." :lmao::lmao::lmao:

You can really see Parker enjoyed Beauty & The Beast. :thumbsup2

My nephew freaked out last year when we saw Disney Junior because they had Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I think it was a great addition to the show.

I agree it's great that you can skip past the opening part of the Animation Tour. Just get us in to see the character's, right?

I love that picture with Parker looking at Sorcerer Mickey. He's just standing there like "yup.....we're pals......this is the coolest!"

Hahaha, look at Noelle misinterpreting your going to meet Pooh statement. :lmao:

very true, i need to show this to the people that ask, "your going again? why?"

maybe they would get it then.

I get the same reaction. I don't care and I know why I go. Some people have a Beach house, I have a Disney House.... :rotfl2:

can i use this excuse for my typos?:rolleyes1 thanks pat

Absolutely, Not like I would believe you but go ahead.

Loving the "Pooh" shot - That one is a keeper..... for later. ;)

Parker is at the right age where those character meet and greets are soooo special. :goodvibes

You are such a guy with only 1 Beauty and the Beast Picture. :rotfl:

Yeah try and blame the lack of highest score in vehicle on Candi's text. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter