Surprise Disneyland Trip

NE14DisneyWorld?

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

I just found out I will have to attend a conference in LA in September and the hotel just happens to be 4 blocks from Disneyland. It's a tough job, but somebodys gotta do it! ::yes:: Anyway, I am planning to visit DL while I am there and wanted your suggestions for restaurants. I know allears.net has the World menus, but is there any site with DL menus?

Tammy

My favorite place is in California Adventure, the Pacific Wharf Cafe. They have a chicken apple walnut salad in a sourdough bread bowl that I always have to get. La Brea Bakery in Downtown Disney (it is the closest restaurant to the park entrances) is great for a less crowded place to eat breakfast. In Disneyland I like to get skewers from a place over by Indy, I can't remember what it is called though...Bengal Barbecue? and the Jambalaya at Cafe Orleans is pretty good according to my husband. The Main Street Bakery has espresso and some great pastries, similar but not exactly the same as the MK's. We really like Redd Rocket's Pizza Port too, think MGM's Toy Story Pizza Planet type of food..

Okay, I found this on allearsnet.com

Disneyland Menus
http://allearsnet.com/dlr/tp/dl/dl_rest.htm

California Adventure Menus
http://allearsnet.com/dlr/tp/dca/dca_rest.htm

I am surprising DH with a quick trip in October after a conference in LA :cool1:

I can't seem to find any menus for DLH or GC ... especially looking for Napa Rose menu.

Thanks!

If lunchtime, Blue Bayou is a must (best Monte Carlo Sandwich ever). Dinner at the Pacific Wharf in DCA is great (I prefer their clam chowder or broccoli & cheese soup).

Went to a CPC conference at the Anahiem Hilton in Jan. and there was a special ticket you could purchase through the conference site. For a very reduced price you could get tickets good the for 4pm to closing at DL. We were able to ride almost every ride in the park in that time frame. :rotfl: Amazing how much more quickly we parents walked around without our children in tow. :goodvibes

Yummy turkey sandwich at the Carnation Cafe on Main street! I love to go there. It's quiet and the service is great. Go early or later than meal times if you don't want to wait.

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions.

I will have to look into that ticket option Vanvmom. I hear you on how much faster we can move without the wee one :goodvibes When we are at WDW we call that commando mode. Even DD, who is now 12, has that speed :rotfl:

I'd like to suggest to head over to the Grand Californian and grab some food from Whitewater Snacks near the pool. The prices are pretty reasonable for Disney and while it might be my imagination, but I believe also a bit cheaper than the same dishes in the parks. Their French Dip sandwich (at $9-$10) is great and enough for two as it's a pretty big sandwich and it's served with french fries. I also have tried the nachos which are much better than the Rancho Del Zocalo's as they're made with ground beef instead of really gross stew meat that we got from RDZ.

In the parks, the bread bowls with soup are excellent at either the River Belle Terrace, the French Market, or in Pacific Wharf in DCA. The catfish sandwich at the River Belle is also quite good considering it's theme park quick service seafood! :p I though only usually buy snacks in the parks...especially Dole Whips and the honey flavored popcorn in Critter Country when they're open. :)

Well...how's that for a first post on the Disneyland board? :)

Congrats on your first DL post FlythenFall :cool1:

Also thanks for the tips and suggestions.

dlresortinfo.com also has menus most updated in June.

We love Rancho (in Frontierland) for mexican food. We usually like Plaza Inn for pasta but it was undercooked and gummy our last trip.

Christa thanks for the website.

Thanks all you west coasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter