Surprise AP & Ticket Increase

Thank you for the update! Our family of 5 just arrived last night and were planning to add MaxPass to our tickets today when we get in. Just our luck—-first day to pay the increased price!!!

Ugh, this sucks so bad! I was waiting for my 40-day renewal window to open (in two weeks) to hopefully renew ahead of price increases.
I know how you feel! My AP expires March 31, meaning my renewal period was going to sit right on the cusp of the traditional price increase. Now that it' so early, I somewhat can figure out a game plan with paying. I was hoping to pay in full this time. But I think I'll just put a large amount down then pay off early throughout the year.

Do you have any idea how long say Getaway Today will keep tickets at the lower price? I just checked and they still show the lower price. I wasn't ready to buy so soon for our June trip but I can come up with the money if I have to. The price still shows me a $20 savings for 4 tickets when in reality its now $140.

Like should I do this today???

Do you have any idea how long say Getaway Today will keep tickets at the lower price? I just checked and they still show the lower price. I wasn't ready to buy so soon for our June trip but I can come up with the money if I have to. The price still shows me a $20 savings for 4 tickets when in reality its now $140.

I would do it as soon as you can.

I know how you feel! My AP expires March 31, meaning my renewal period was going to sit right on the cusp of the traditional price increase. Now that it' so early, I somewhat can figure out a game plan with paying. I was hoping to pay in full this time. But I think I'll just put a large amount down then pay off early throughout the year.

The thing that I’m most worried about is I was going to upgrade both myself and my son to Sig+ because I’m worried that just Sig will get blocked out of Star Wars Land. But there is no way to know if they will do this. We are now priced out of Sig+ (it was really pushing it before the price increase). I will be livid if I upgrade his pass to Sig and renew my Sig and we get blocked for the summer like Deluxe or blocked from Star Wars.

Suddenly that decision to go out of my way (live in Denver) to upgrade front Signature to Premier for my WDW trip is looking great in the rear view mirror.

Thank you for the update! Our family of 5 just arrived last night and were planning to add MaxPass to our tickets today when we get in. Just our luck—-first day to pay the increased price!!!

We are in the opposite boat. Visiting May 5th-9th. We've been sitting on purchasing the tickets, for no real reason, and now we are paying for it. Ouch!

Anyone have any info on the "Come back to the Magic" discount? It looks like it takes the price nearly back to what it was before the hike today.

Disney attendance continues to increase in the face of all the price increases. Really folks, many people complain about crowds and the best tool to reduce crowds is to raise prices. :teacher: But when Disney does this it does not seem to help. How much further do they need to increase prices before it will truly impact crowds?

:cool2:

They will very likely increase prices again just after or before star wars opens. If one is on the fence about buying APs, they should just bite the bullet and purchase them now before they jack them up another 20%+. You can sit on the passes for one calendar year before you start using them.

The thing that I’m most worried about is I was going to upgrade both myself and my son to Sig+ because I’m worried that just Sig will get blocked out of Star Wars Land. But there is no way to know if they will do this. We are now priced out of Sig+ (it was really pushing it before the price increase). I will be livid if I upgrade his pass to Sig and renew my Sig and we get blocked for the summer like Deluxe or blocked from Star Wars.
Signature isn’t blocked over the summer. And since there’s been no indication that SW will require a separate admission (I don’t think that’s possible?), I think Signature is good to get into SW.

At least, I sure hope so. We’re all Signature.

Disney attendance continues to increase in the face of all the price increases. Really folks, many people complain about crowds and the best tool to reduce crowds is to raise prices. :teacher: But when Disney does this it does not seem to help. How much further do they need to increase prices before it will truly impact crowds?

I am scared to find out the answer to this question!

welp my base ap just jumped to $1399 and if they don't increase prices again before July 23 I'll be up to $1949 plus tax for my premier when I go to upgrade for 19/20.
That was my plan too, but I'm definitely having second thoughts.

We bought our tickets from GAT a few months ago for our July trip. I also bought the $25 peace of mind insurance on the tickets because our trip is a ways off and life can happen between now and then.

I bought/renewed our APs yesterday. I was worried about a February increase, and I am so glad I did this yesterday! It is frustrating, because last year when we renewed, our passes were $850, and to renew today, it would be $1150! That is truly crazy.

Last edited:
Signature isn’t blocked over the summer. And since there’s been no indication that SW will require a separate admission (I don’t think that’s possible?), I think Signature is good to get into SW.

At least, I sure hope so. We’re all Signature.
I know it isn’t now, but I just worry with the language used with the Sig pass that they will block it for DL when Star Wars Land opens. :( I was shocked that Deluxe got such a huge block for summer. That pass really has a terrible value now. :(

We are in the opposite boat. Visiting May 5th-9th. We've been sitting on purchasing the tickets, for no real reason, and now we are paying for it. Ouch!

Anyone have any info on the "Come back to the Magic" discount? It looks like it takes the price nearly back to what it was before the hike today.

There is a ticket special for the dates you will be there. I don't see an increase on these tickets.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/of...nC0tA-QpIYAfu7CWRH2BPoQmWSy3ApBEaAg_kEALw_wcB

Just bought from Getaway for my August trip. Wasn't planning on so soon. We'll still buy Maxpass once we get to the park for our party of 4. I was hoping to do everything directly through Disney for convenience given the expected Star Wars madness, but not at these prices when other options are available. A heads up would have been nice!!

If they really wanted to reduce crowds they would eliminate the annual pass monthly payment plan for California residents. That would cut a significant portion of people out. But I strongly believe they do not want reduce crowds/profits.

They know incremental price increases will do nothing for crowds but they do increase profits. That has clearly been proven over the past few years. When they say they are doing it for crowd control, that is just lip service/PR so they don't come off as just another greedy corporation.

I don't say this because I don't like Disney. I remember watching Walt Disney on TV every sunday as a child. I will still go to Disneyland but the price of the old Premium pass, which is now the Signature Plus pass, has increased around 100% over in a few short years. Disney really needs to remove its head from its rear end and build a third park. They have the land in Anaheim and they certainly have the profits to make it happen. I think with the current prices they are going to have a very rough time when the next recession hits. And quite honestly, they deserve it.

Just saying. Jeff Reitz pays 3.83 a day to go to Disneyland. So when you do this math, the increases aren't crazy. I know not EVERYONE goes daily, but I mean, it's not unreasonable for the SP pass to be 5 dollars a day. Still better than the 150 for a 1 day pass, right? Even for those that go once a month, your ticket is still 116 a day. So at this point, people need to really weigh if going often is worth it. And yes, wish wish wish they would drop payment plans. This whole mess started when they implemented them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter