Surpise Trip for my Wife (she uses DisBoards)

:rotfl2:
DH = Dear Husband, (most of the time)!!! :rotfl2:

I'm surprised those rates are not out yet with all the specials Disney is running!

Yes, GoofyFairie, I have thought about that too, not 100% the best plan on that yet.

I liked one suggestion on here that I could give her an invitation to go to the "ball". I will admit that is almost to "corny" for me, but I am willing to get out my comfort zone for this, lol.

I don't want to give her too much time to feel guilty that the kids aren't going...

I didn't think about the guilt factor- maybe just a couple of days then. I would certainly miss my kids, but I NEVER have time to do anything for myself and I know I deserve a few days for my for myself and I would really like to have some time for just me and my DH. It is hard to stay connected.

You don't have to ask her to the ball if that makes you uncomfortable.. You could create a certificate with some Disney clipart or just get her a card and write a special note inside with your comfirmation email or something. That would be just as special to me.

I'd say you are going to earn bonus points with this trip! I'd be thrilled if my DH would just help with the dishes!

I will be talking you up to my husband this weekend - WOW what a thoughtful and wonderful gift. :worship: I have nothing else to add, except I am green with envy! :thumbsup2

Well haven't done much lately other than trying to keep her from knowing. I wish I knew for sure that she wouldn't see this, because there has been she has said latley that have pretty funny knowing what I was planning.

I was just doing dishes thinking about your post.......and if she knows yet!!! I'll tell ya its easy to get hooked on these boards, I dont want to miss a thing! So have you decided if special meal yet???

WOW that is really nice. I don't think I would be able to keep it a secret good job:thumbsup2.

What if instead of letting her know about the trip and plans you give her hints along the way. Telling her you need to go somewhere and she needs to go with you that way she has her clothes packed. As the time goes by give her more clues until the moment arrives for her to know it's WDW.

I dont know what type of transportion you are taking to get there.

I don't know if your are into the trading pins you can give her a pin with a letter note something romantic a day or some hours before it is time.
(You can buy them at ebay very inexpensive)

I don't know if this helps.

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. A couple of years ago, I did the same thing for my husband for our 20th anniversary. I managed to keep it a secret right until the night before by suggesting we take a weekend break together. He helped pack the bags (which I snuck "Disney extras" into later) and drove 8 hours to Minneapolis.

At a restaurant, in Minneapolis, I gave him his "anniversary present" - a Disney Insider's book with a hint that I wrote in the back. The hilarious part is, he didn't get it! Even when I came right out and said, "We'll be getting on a plane first thing tomorrow morning," he didn't believe me! What a laugh! :rotfl:

Anyway, my point is that it's a lot easier to keep the secret when they already know they're going somewhere; so travel preparations are not suspicious.

All the best for your trip. Ours turned out to be one of the best memories of our lives.

Cheers,

Pirate

Thanks Pirate. I was thinking about that and I think you are right. Plus it will give her more time to pack.

The problem I had before was that we really never leave our kids, but there's a great "circumstance" that has come up (don't want to put any details in case she looks on here, lol) that may allow me to get her to go away for at least an over night trip.

OK, I have been trying to plan a surprise trip for my wife and I to go alone .... without the kids. I have the children covered. We rarely get to go out by ourselves any more (which we both love our children so this is not really a bad thing) but I know this would be very special to her. We actually went on our honeymoon to Disney! So, my dilemma is this, she uses DisBoards every day so I am being risky here, lol.

I realized trying to plan it that I could possibly get help here. We will only be there for 3 days/2 nights.

I can sense the joy you have in waiting for her. It is really great to have a family.. I can understand your feeling towards her.. I would like to advice you to keep it away from her and inform her only when the trip is near..

this is so sweet of you to do, my only suggestion would be to plan a nice dinner somewhere, im a sucker for quiet dinner with husband. We have two small kids and never get away so just a quiet dinner is like paradise.. lol..

What a great surprise.

Try to make some dining plans 90dys out is the booking time.

Disney Florist has some great (a little pricey) surprises you can do for the room. This could be a nice treat for when you arrive and she already knows what is going on.

I would not tell too many people at home either little things seem to slip and could blow your cover.

I like the invitation to the ball idea

You could also book a Fireworks cruise or a carriage ride. Maybe even a backstage tour that your kids would not be too interested in. Some of them do not require admission to the park so you would give you some extra time in a park you were not going to.:wizard:

Good luck

YEAH! what a wonderful surprise it will be!

My DH surprised me with a weekend getaway for my Birthday celebration at AK.

I have a great scrapbook of that spectacular trip!

ENJOY making your memories!!! :wizard:

My DH and I went to WDW for our honeymoon....unfortunately, he is not cool enough to organize a surprise trip to WDW for me :lmao: ....but I still love him!:goodvibes

Hope you two have a GREAT time!!:thumbsup2 :cool1:

Since you are staying at Wilderness Lodge, you might want to go to Artist Point for your nice dinner. Delicious, romantic - boy am I jealous!

What a thoughtful thing to do for your wife.
My DH has surprised me over the years and I have tons of jealous girlfriends because of it. 2 years ago he told me on my birthday morning to get in the car we were going somewhere, I had just walked into work. He wouldn't say where we were going, just kept saying Happy Birthday. I realized that we were heading to the airport so again I asked where we were going. Nothing. He gave the papers to the security for both of us. We got to our gate and it said Nashville. :confused3
When we arrived in Nashville, we went to the rental car place and he explained that we were only there for the day. The girl at the counter asked if it was for business and he responded "no, it's my wife's birthday and I'm taking her to her favorite restaurant." Now I'm really confused. I'm thinking when did I ever tell him I had a favorite restaurant in Nashville? We live in Michigan, lol.
Well the girl at car rental counter was so touched that she upgraded our car to a fast convertable for 2. Sorry, can't remember what it was but it was cool. Then we proceeded to drive to ...........................
Jack in the Box. :lmao:
I always said that I missed Jack in the Box, it was my favorite when we were teenagers but they left Michigan in the 80's. So I had my super taco and my egg rolls and had the best lunch of my life.
Then we went shopping at some mall and he actually went in every store that I wanted to go in without complaining and bought me whatever I looked at. Of course we went to the Disney Store, lol.
Then we got on a plane and was home to the kiddies before bedtime. (He had my parents watching the kids for the day after they got out of school).
So don't tell your wife, let it be a surprise. My friend's still call him and remind him when it's thier birthday, just in case he ever wants to take them to Jack in the Box for the day.
Have fun planning. I can't wait to hear how she reacts.

Thanks for all the responses. I can't wait for her to see this thread. I have not been on for a while (out of town) so it is great to get back on. I think I am ready to book everything next week. I opened up an account just for this so that she will not see anything.

I was just doing dishes thinking about your post.......and if she knows yet!!! I'll tell ya its easy to get hooked on these boards, I dont want to miss a thing! So have you decided if special meal yet???
I came close to telling her the other day, I know she can plan things better than me. But her sister talked me out of it.

What a great surprise.

Try to make some dining plans 90dys out is the booking time.

Disney Florist has some great (a little pricey) surprises you can do for the room. This could be a nice treat for when you arrive and she already knows what is going on.

I would not tell too many people at home either little things seem to slip and could blow your cover.

I like the invitation to the ball idea

You could also book a Fireworks cruise or a carriage ride. Maybe even a backstage tour that your kids would not be too interested in. Some of them do not require admission to the park so you would give you some extra time in a park you were not going to.:wizard:

Good luck
Great ideas thank you

My DH and I went to WDW for our honeymoon....unfortunately, he is not cool enough to organize a surprise trip to WDW for me :lmao: ....but I still love him!:goodvibes

Hope you two have a GREAT time!!:thumbsup2 :cool1:
lol, I really am not either.... so there's still hope. =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter