Surpise Trip for my Wife (she uses DisBoards)

luvmywife54

Earning My Ears
OK, I have been trying to plan a surprise trip for my wife and I to go alone .... without the kids. I have the children covered. We rarely get to go out by ourselves any more (which we both love our children so this is not really a bad thing) but I know this would be very special to her. We actually went on our honeymoon to Disney! So, my dilemma is this, she uses DisBoards every day so I am being risky here, lol.

I realized trying to plan it that I could possibly get help here. We will only be there for 3 days/2 nights.

Awwww. :love: I was hoping you were my husband but when I got to the honeymoon part I knew I was wrong!

So what can we do to help you?

As long as you just ask questions and don't go into very much detail about you family you should be able to blend right in and get all the help you need. And it would be really funny if your wife ends up answering some of the questions!

That is so cool that you are suprising her! I wish you could talk so sense into my husband to do something like that ;) lol

WOW; L-U-C-K-Y WOMEN! As previous poster said "wish you were mine"! So you said you may need some discreet help - fire away with any questions....never leave your Disboard name on or signed in to the computer...how long are you going to try to hold off before you tell her????
:thumbsup2:

OK, I plan on this being sometime in July, but not on a weekend. I think the Wilderness Lodge or something like that, we have never stayed there. We would only go to a park on the 2nd day. We normally do the dining plan, so I think I would try to also.

I guess my questions are, will I get the best deal if I just call the Hotel's myself or is there a better way? Do they make 1 day park hopper tickets?

LOL, "lovetoscrap" I thought that it would be funny too if she answered a question too. I even made a new email, because I wasn't sure what she could see in my profile on here.

Thanks so much for any help or even suggestions. She deserve more than I can do, but would love this to be very special for her.

.....I just almost signed my name.... I hope I can keep this quite that long!

How exciting and what a romantic you are. She is truly going to be overwhelmed. I think WL is nice or also GF or Contemporary would also be wonderful choices .

Too bad you aren't my husband either... everything fit except the kids, we just have kid, no s...

Anyway, last year I surprised my daughter with a trip to WDW. There was a trail of glitter all the way down the sidewalk leading to the door, where Tinkerbell left a surprise delivery. It was a envelope with a royal decree requesting her presence at the Pirate and Princess party, plane reservations, Disney ressies, etc. It was such a cool moment to see her reaction to the glitter, then realizing it was Tink who had left the stuff, then her reaction to each piece of info in the envelope... Fairy Godmother (aka me in the middle of the night) even packed our bags, because she was only told hours before we left...

You could do something similar, but maybe with a glass slipper on a pillow, a minnie mouse bride hat, or something at the end of Tink's glitter... Ask her to the ball...

I think the key to surprise trips is having every detail planned. Have at least your portion of the luggage packed, all the reservations made, know how you are getting from airport to hotel, hotel to parks if staying off site, time off work, etc... Try to tie in this trip to your honeymoon trip somehow... Remember where you ate, a place you stayed, the first ride you rode, etc... Girls like the little thoughtful stuff, and it is ok to point out the things that you remembered, too - she'll be flattered for all that you've done!

I can't wait to hear how it all plans out! I love surprises!! Good luck!

HEY HUSBAND OF MINE - DO THIS FOR ME!

17.gif

Maybe we all need to print this out and palce it on our DH's pillows or tape it to the bathroom mirror. :rolleyes1
My DH would never plan something like this. He is SOOOOOO unromantic. :sad2:

I'm excited for the both of you, hope DH will surprise me too. :lmao:

Have fun planning a surprise trip for your wife. :)

Nice! Yes they do make one day hopper tix's! WL is great, we've stayed there and love to meander about the resort. And your a nice boat ride away from MK, not AS close as a monorail but I think a more leisurly pace, even just sitting in the lobby is really cool so big and majestic, neat geiser & bit of beach too! GF just doesn't fit "our" family style but would like to do it as a couple one day (like that will ever happen, LOL!!) As previous poster said- think of what SHE would want or hope to do on a no-kid weekend and the sentimental touches are key, but dont stress about it magic will happen!
For your second question there are SSSoooo many options in booking Disney, and there are sooo many discount packages right now, hopefully you will find a room only discount code or package code maybe since you dont want to go on a weekend. I have always gotten a better deal when I booked all myself seperatly as opposed to TA. Good luck and let us know how you are progressing!!!! So cool you are trying to surprise her!

I must say that this is soooo awesome! I wish my DH would surprise me with a trip. Especially with no kids!!!!
The WL is a beautiful resort and the boat ride to MK is lovely. My only thought is will she want to have some time to get her things together and make some plans for this trip? I would love to have a week to be excited about the trip and have time to gather my personal things etc.

Yes, GoofyFairie, I have thought about that too, not 100% the best plan on that yet.

I liked one suggestion on here that I could give her an invitation to go to the "ball". I will admit that is almost to "corny" for me, but I am willing to get out my comfort zone for this, lol.

I don't want to give her too much time to feel guilty that the kids aren't going...

That is so cool, just did the same for my wife also. She will have no idea until i have her grab a bag and throw some clothes in it.

I booked through DVC rental boards at SSR
booked her a massage and some type of aromatherapy thing she will like it
( i will take a nap during this)

Already have my dining reservations set 2 at epcot for late dinners 1 at Tonys
( place we never get to enjoy with the 2 boys)

I am sure just like you, can t wait to see their face when we get there.

How sweet!!:lovestruc I can't see my husband doing this, but he has done other wonderful things for me, so I won't complain. I have no ideas for a couples only weekend (never happens around here, so I would be completely bewildered). But, I do wish you the best of luck with your planning. I'm sure it will be wonderful!

I, personally, like using a TA for all of my Disney travel.

I use Melissa at Magical Journeys, but there is also another company that is a sponsor on these boards, that I hear good things about. If your wife is the one that usually makes the travel arrangements, maybe having an experienced TA to assist you might be a good idea. Even though I am a seasoned WDW visitor, Melissa always finds me discounts that I didn't come across on my own, and she has often been able to get me into a resort that Disney says is booked up. Plus I like the idea of someone else watching out for this discount and that one. I don't know about you, but my life is hectic, and I just don't have the patience or time to keep up with that sometimes.

Your wife will be so touched that you did this. I see extra hugs and kisses coming your way.:lovestruc

Please keep us informed as your plan takes shape, and please do a TR so that we can all hear how it went. You've now made many of us very curious. (and I know it's not MY DH, either:sad2: ).

Well, I called 407 W Disney, and it was a little confusing, but it looks like I need to wait for the FL Residence rait (yes the Panhandle is still part of FL).

Alright, I have to ask what does DH stand for or do I not want to know?? I figure H is for husband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter