Sunshine, food and fun...a perfect March Break adventure! A March '22 trip report! Back from PEI 08/09

What a lovely room view!
Glad your evening at Disney Springs was a success; I'm sure the unexpected wait at Jock Lindseys could have easily thrown some people off and put a damper on their night. But you two rallied and had what looks like a delicious dinner and dessert!

Joining in. I'm heading down in a month, and this is jus the type of trip I'm looking forward to!

Not only was our room ready early, it was spotlessly clean AND had a beautiful water view. We were very happy!

I really enjoyed our chat but at the same time was a little shocked a CM would be so up front with a guest. Different times!
I think as Disney progresses more and more into being a political platform the more it's going to lose faithful followers. I'm almost completely done, sadly. I want a place to go that I can leave the cares of this world behind and Disney is making it an intrusive yuck nowadays.
We had hoped to start off at Jock Lindsay's and then go to Polite Pig and Amorette's. Arriving at Jock Lindsay's, we were told the wait for a table would be at least an hour and a half!
Yeah, my last couple of times there as well. Walk ups are a thing of the past there, I"m afraid.
We happened to be outside Frontera Concina and Bill said why don't we see if they possibly have a table. Imagine our delight when they had one table out on the patio! Yay! I couldn't believe how lucky we were. :)
That one IS usually able to accommodate a walkup. And yet I still need to try it. I've been getting such yummy Mexican here though in Tucson I'd be a bit less likely to try it now.
We started with the most delicious Smoky Pineapple margaritas.
My new favorite for sure! Had this at La Cava the lest couple of times and they are SO delicious!
1648859609992.png

Wow, does that ever look fantastic! And HUGE!

I think as Disney progresses more and more into being a political platform the more it's going to lose faithful followers. I'm almost completely done, sadly. I want a place to go that I can leave the cares of this world behind and Disney is making it an intrusive yuck nowadays.
The fact that Disney is inclusive and respectful of all who choose to work or travel there makes me love it more, not less.

Inclusiveness is not political.
That one IS usually able to accommodate a walkup. And yet I still need to try it. I've been getting such yummy Mexican here though in Tucson I'd be a bit less likely to try it now.
The food and service were fantastic.
Wow, does that ever look fantastic! And HUGE!
It was perfect. We loved our meal!

Animal Kingdom makes me happy!

Is there anything better than waking up knowing you are heading to your very favourite park? Animal Kingdom Park, how do I love you....the theming, the lush landscaping, the intricate details just waiting to be discovered....sigh! It was another chilly morning leaving Saratoga and I was very happy to have my Columbia jacket as an extra layer. We had a short ten minute wait for the bus and arrived at AK shortly after 8 am.

Of course I had to have a photo by the awesome Bambi statue!
IMG_0179.jpeg

We decided to head towards Pandora. Sadly I couldn't ride anything too fast or bumpy as I was recovering from a concussion due to a workplace injury. So we hopped in line for Navi River Journey which was about a 30 minute wait. We had invested in Genie+ for the day but picked the safari for our first ride. It was the first time I had ever gone through the Navi standby queue and I really enjoyed the theming. This ride would be perfect it was only a couple of minutes longer.

We headed off for our first Genie+ reservation next at the Safari and I was happy to bypass the posted wait time of 55 minutes. It was the most delightful morning for a safari with a cool breeze and the sun shining. We got held up for about three minutes by a group of bongos crossing the road right in front of our truck. We saw so many giraffes, elephants, hippos, rhinos and even the lions! It was perfect!
IMG_0189.jpeg

After the safari we decided to walk the Gorilla Falls trail. It was perfect to wander around and enjoy the beautiful landscaping. The gorillas were very active this morning and we particularly loved watching the gorgeous silverbacks.
IMG_0200.jpeg
Next up was Feathered Friends in Flight or as we affectionately call it "The Bird Show". This is an AK must do for us and never fails to delight. I am so happy they took the "Up" theming away from this show as it diminished the role of the trainers. We really didn't need to have a Genie+ reservation for this but I was learning the system so booked one here. Once we tapped in I began stacking reservations for when we hopped to Epcot later in the day.

Keeping with our theme of a relaxing morning, we strolled through the Maharajah Jungle Trek next. We loved the aviary and had fun listening to this handsome fellow.
IMG_0208.jpeg
Nomad Lounge had just opened up and I was trying to secure a spot on the walk up list as we walked. After about 10 minutes of refreshing, a spot for two popped up at noon. Perfect! This gave us enough time to finish the trail and stroll back to Nomads. The word has definitely gotten out about this sweet little spot and it was packed when we arrived. We took the back way and enjoyed the beautiful view of the water.
IMG_0183.jpeg

We were happy to settle in at our table and peruse the menu. This is definitely one of my favourite places!
IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0212.jpeg
I went for my Nomad Lounge favourite, the Hightower Rocks (Casa Dragones Blanco Tequila, Watermelon, Sweet-and-Sour, and Lime Juice) while Bill tried the 50th anniversary Green Shimmering margarita (Casamigos Reposado Tequila, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, Bols Blue Curaçao, Pineapple Juice, Lime Juice and Simple Syrup). My drink was delicious but Bill did not care for his. The Ancho Reyes Chile liquer did not work in this drink at all. Luckily we had much better success with our food choices. The Tiffins bread service (Red Pepper Hummus, Spicy Coriander Yogurt, Ginger-Pear Chutney) is a must do for us and we paired that with the charcuterie board from the Tiffins appetizer menu.
1FEFE71D-630A-40B9-9FD5-2BCFAB87A018.jpg
We finished up our time at Nomads by indulging in the churros I had heard so much about. These were fantastic and we especially loved the strawberry chili dipping sauce.
E9A23F60-9105-461B-A2E9-37CA833431FE.jpg
Full and happy, we slowly made our way out of the park. We browsed a little through the shops and made our way to the bus stop where we were happy to find a Saratoga bus waiting. We were ready to relax for a bit before heading over to Epcot for the Flower and Garden festival. That's next!

What a lovely room view!
Glad your evening at Disney Springs was a success; I'm sure the unexpected wait at Jock Lindseys could have easily thrown some people off and put a damper on their night. But you two rallied and had what looks like a delicious dinner and dessert!
We were happy to just go with the flow and enjoy the evening. I was so delighted to be there that nothing could throw me off. :)
Joining in. I'm heading down in a month, and this is jus the type of trip I'm looking forward to!
Thank you for joining in! I hope your trip is magical!

What a perfect morning in AK! Our next trip will be just DH and me - this is the kind of touring that appeals to him. I must admit it appeals to me more and more. Is Nomad a place you can reserve ahead of time like a dining reservation? It looks like a great spot to relax and enjoy your surroundings.

What a perfect morning in AK! Our next trip will be just DH and me - this is the kind of touring that appeals to him. I must admit it appeals to me more and more. Is Nomad a place you can reserve ahead of time like a dining reservation? It looks like a great spot to relax and enjoy your surroundings.
You can't make an ADR for it. When you enter the park you can join the walk up list through the MDE app. That will tell you how long it will be for a table for your party size. I often keep refreshing as an earlier spot will sometimes pop up. It is awesome there! Plus one of the best servers in Disney (Rob who was at Geyser Point) just transferred there. I have never had a bad experience at Nomads.

Is there anything better than waking up knowing you are heading to your very favourite park?
There might be... but I sure don't know what that is!
Animal Kingdom Park, how do I love you
Darn! That was my 2nd guess. :)
Sadly I couldn't ride anything too fast or bumpy as I was recovering from a concussion due to a workplace injury.
Oh, no! Are you okay???
We had invested in Genie+ for the day but picked the safari for our first ride.
<sigh> I will need to learn this for our trip in August.
This ride would be perfect it was only a couple of minutes longer.
How so?
It was the most delightful morning for a safari with a cool breeze and the sun shining.
That sounds just about perfect. :)
We saw so many giraffes, elephants, hippos, rhinos and even the lions! It was perfect!
Saw all the biggies. :)
Next up was Feathered Friends in Flight or as we affectionately call it "The Bird Show".
:laughing:
Well, that certainly gets the point across.
I am so happy they took the "Up" theming away from this show
Oh! I didn't know they had.

Good.
Once we tapped in I began stacking reservations for when we hopped to Epcot later in the day.
Can you explain what that means? Stacking reservations?
We loved the aviary and had fun listening to this handsome fellow.
IMG_0208.jpeg
He's posed so nicely. :)
Nomad Lounge had just opened up and I was trying to secure a spot on the walk up list as we walked. After about 10 minutes of refreshing, a spot for two popped up at noon. Perfect!
Now that's good timing. ::yes::
Nice ears. They suit your outfit.
I went for my Nomad Lounge favourite, the Hightower Rocks (Casa Dragones Blanco Tequila, Watermelon, Sweet-and-Sour, and Lime Juice)
That sounds good. I'd try that. (I'm fussy)
Bill tried the 50th anniversary Green Shimmering margarita (Casamigos Reposado Tequila, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, Bols Blue Curaçao, Pineapple Juice, Lime Juice and Simple Syrup).
That sounded good too. Too bad it didn't work.
The Tiffins bread service (Red Pepper Hummus, Spicy Coriander Yogurt, Ginger-Pear Chutney) is a must do for us and we paired that with the charcuterie board from the Tiffins appetizer menu.
What a great idea. I like it.
We finished up our time at Nomads by indulging in the churros I had heard so much about. These were fantastic and we especially loved the strawberry chili dipping sauce.
Must try that some day. :)

Oh, no! Are you okay???
Thanks, I am much better now. A little friend at work grabbed a heavy plastic scoop out of my hand when I was sanding down the ice and hit me in the face with it. That was February 23rd. I went back 1/2 days on March 7th, was off for March Break from the 14th to the 18th and worked 2 more weeks 1/2 days. I finally went back full days this past Monday. I am at physio for concussion recovery twice per week until the first week of May.
<sigh> I will need to learn this for our trip in August.
I really don't like the system but I like standing in lines even less. Molly from All Ears has a very good video explaining how to use it.
It just feels like they ran out of money and stopped. A few more scenes with another animatronic would enhance the ride experience.
Oh! I didn't know they had.

Good.
So much better without all that silliness.
Can you explain what that means? Stacking reservations?
So at 7 am you can make your first Genie+ reservation. Then 2 hours after park opening you can book your 2nd Genie + reservation. Once I tapped in at Kilimanjaro Safari, I was able to make a new reservation. That reset my two hour window. So at 10:40 I booked Soarin for 5:45 pm. At 12:40 I booked Spaceship Earth for 5:00. Then at 2:40 I booked Living with the Land for 6pm. Each reservation window is open for an hour. We walked into the park at 4:45, took in the new entrance and fountains, then rode Spaceship Earth. We then strolled over to the Land and tapped in for Soarin, We waited about 20 minutes even with our Lightening Lane but the posted wait was 85 minutes. Then we went straight on to LwtL. We were done with rides by 6:40 and ready to hit the Flower and Garden food booths. If you wanted a relaxing poolside morning, you could stack rides through the day and then hit the park later in the afternoon. The only thing is you can't modify a reservation which is a real pain. You have to cancel first, then see if anything else is available.
He's posed so nicely. :)
He really is!
What a great idea. I like it.
The food is terrific and it is so relaxing there. Hopefully you will get a chance to check it out. :)

Next up was Feathered Friends in Flight or as we affectionately call it "The Bird Show". This is an AK must do for us and never fails to delight. I am so happy they took the "Up" theming away from this show as it diminished the role of the trainers.
I like the show better without the Up theme, too. The safari and the animal trails are our other favorites. We usually tour it the way you do. :)

Thanks, I am much better now. A little friend at work grabbed a heavy plastic scoop out of my hand when I was sanding down the ice and hit me in the face with it. That was February 23rd. I went back 1/2 days on March 7th, was off for March Break from the 14th to the 18th and worked 2 more weeks 1/2 days. I finally went back full days this past Monday. I am at physio for concussion recovery twice per week until the first week of May.
Holy smokes!! Hit you right in the face?!?!?
So glad you're feeling better. Thinking of you for continued healing.
I really don't like the system but I like standing in lines even less.
I get that.
Molly from All Ears has a very good video explaining how to use it.
Thanks, I'll see if I can track that down.
It just feels like they ran out of money and stopped. A few more scenes with another animatronic would enhance the ride experience.
Ohh... funny... I never thought of it that way, but... I do see what you mean, now!
So at 7 am you can make your first Genie+ reservation. Then 2 hours after park opening you can book your 2nd Genie + reservation. Once I tapped in at Kilimanjaro Safari, I was able to make a new reservation. That reset my two hour window. So at 10:40 I booked Soarin for 5:45 pm. At 12:40 I booked Spaceship Earth for 5:00. Then at 2:40 I booked Living with the Land for 6pm. Each reservation window is open for an hour. We walked into the park at 4:45, took in the new entrance and fountains, then rode Spaceship Earth. We then strolled over to the Land and tapped in for Soarin, We waited about 20 minutes even with our Lightening Lane but the posted wait was 85 minutes. Then we went straight on to LwtL. We were done with rides by 6:40 and ready to hit the Flower and Garden food booths. If you wanted a relaxing poolside morning, you could stack rides through the day and then hit the park later in the afternoon. The only thing is you can't modify a reservation which is a real pain. You have to cancel first, then see if anything else is available.
Thanks for taking the time to explain that. :)

I like the show better without the Up theme, too. The safari and the animal trails are our other favorites. We usually tour it the way you do. :)
AK is such a perfect park to take your time in and explore. The level of detail is extraordinary.
Holy smokes!! Hit you right in the face?!?!?
Yep! Caught me on the cheekbone right under my eye. It happened so quickly there was no way anyone could have prevented it.
So glad you're feeling better. Thinking of you for continued healing.
Thank you so much. :)
Thanks for taking the time to explain that. :)
I hoped it helped a bit. I am still learning the system so I am sure there are things I need to figure out.

on demand staff to two very cute cats
Totally missed you started a new report, and I'm still on the first post, but I had to stop and comment on this. I think this may be the best description of cat ownership that I've ever seen!

Can't wait to read more!

Next up was Feathered Friends in Flight or as we affectionately call it "The Bird Show".
We call it "The Bird Show" too - I can never keep up with the latest name of the show, but we always enjoy seeing the bird show. I'm excited to see the latest version this year!
Nomad Lounge had just opened up and I was trying to secure a spot on the walk up list as we walked. After about 10 minutes of refreshing, a spot for two popped up at noon.
I've added this to our list for AK, we've never been. hoping we can get a spot but not sure what to expect for a larger party (there will be 6 of us).

Can't wait to read about the Flower & Garden festival!

Totally missed you started a new report, and I'm still on the first post, but I had to stop and comment on this. I think this may be the best description of cat ownership that I've ever seen!

Can't wait to read more!
If you have a cat, you know this is the truth. Fed on demand, played with on demand, petted on demand. Then they ignore us.
We call it "The Bird Show" too - I can never keep up with the latest name of the show, but we always enjoy seeing the bird show. I'm excited to see the latest version this year!
It was excellent!
I've added this to our list for AK, we've never been. hoping we can get a spot but not sure what to expect for a larger party (there will be 6 of us).
You shouldn't have any trouble. There are couches around a larger table to seat bigger groups.
Can't wait to read about the Flower & Garden festival!
It was stunning!

The fact that Disney is inclusive and respectful of all who choose to work or travel there makes me love it more, not less.

Inclusiveness is not political.
Perfectly said.

I'm enjoying your report so far! Those biscuits looked amazing, your room and view was gorgeous and you've got me drooling over the food. I don't like the idea of needing a jacket at WDW, but I'll bet the cooler weather made for a great experience on the safari. We always try to do that in the morning before it fully heats up (although in summer I don't know that it ever really matters). Looking forward to your experience of Flower and Garden. I'm excited about seeing it in a couple of months!

Perfectly said.
Thank you. I am so disturbed to see the polarization happening in the US. Not that things are perfect in Canada but we don't seem to have the "us vs them" mentality I am seeing south of the border.
I'm enjoying your report so far! Those biscuits looked amazing, your room and view was gorgeous and you've got me drooling over the food. I don't like the idea of needing a jacket at WDW, but I'll bet the cooler weather made for a great experience on the safari. We always try to do that in the morning before it fully heats up (although in summer I don't know that it ever really matters). Looking forward to your experience of Flower and Garden. I'm excited about seeing it in a couple of months!
Thank you so much! It was definitely cool the first two days but took a turn for the better. :) It was the most perfect morning for the safari and the animals were so active. You will love Flower and Garden, it was so beautiful!

I love your AK day, you definitely enjoyed many of my favorite things to do there! I agree this park is amazing and has so many hidden gems to explore and just discover!
Nomad lounge is always a great place to relax and enjoy yummy food and drinks!
I’m glad you enjoyed the churros! Love these!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter