Sunshine, food and fun...a perfect March Break adventure! A March '22 trip report! Back from PEI 08/09

I love your AK day, you definitely enjoyed many of my favorite things to do there! I agree this park is amazing and has so many hidden gems to explore and just discover!
Nomad lounge is always a great place to relax and enjoy yummy food and drinks!
I’m glad you enjoyed the churros! Love these!
The only thing that would have made the day better was more time there. With only doing two park days this trip, our time in each park was short but sweet. Those churros just melted in my mouth...so good!
So glad to hear you are healing well. Loving all your updates. Great AK day 😊
Thanks so much Moira! We had such a lovely time at AK.

Last edited:
It was the first time I had ever gone through the Navi standby queue and I really enjoyed the theming. This ride would be perfect it was only a couple of minutes longer.

I think when it's walk on, I don't mind so much that the ride is short. But if you have to wait at all, it just seems like a letdown. I do love the scenery on this ride though.

I've been a bit MIA around here but enjoyed following along on FB for some of your trip lol

I think when it's walk on, I don't mind so much that the ride is short. But if you have to wait at all, it just seems like a letdown. I do love the scenery on this ride though.

I've been a bit MIA around here but enjoyed following along on FB for some of your trip lol
Thanks Kathy! Glad to see you here! :)

Fun at Flower and Garden!

After enjoying a lovely respite at Saratoga and getting settled in, we headed for the bus stop. Luckily the stop was a quick three minute walk from our room and we were lucky enough to have a short five minute wait before we were on a bus headed to Epcot!

Heading through the main entrance, we were thrilled to see our first topiary of the festival. Look at this adorable Goofy with a nod to the 50th anniversary!
IMG_0223.jpeg
We had ride reservations stacked earlier in the day with Genie+ and were happy to start off with a quintessential favourite, Spaceship Earth! While she is showing her age a bit and could use some TLC, I adore this ride. We headed next to Soarin and had about a 20 minute wait even with Genie+. While we didn't get my preferred B1, we were in C1 at the beginning of the row so the distortion wasn't too bad. Next up was Living with the Land which is one of my favourites! It was done up beautifully for Flower and Garden.
IMG_0227.jpeg

I adore the floating islands of flowers and the beautiful beds of flowers done for the festival. Could Epcot look any prettier?
IMG_0228.jpeg
We were feeling a bit peckish and headed to the Honey Beestro booth where we tried the Lavender Honey Mustard chicken flatbread. We both found this a bit dry and bland. However the New Wave Lemonade Mead was refreshing and delicious. I would definitely get this again.
IMG_0231.jpeg
We headed next to Northern Bloom where I went for the scallops with green beans and roasted potato and Bill enjoyed the beef tenderloin tips.

IMG_0232.jpeg
We decided to split the beer flight which was fantastic... it featured the Glutenberg Blonde Ale, The Collective Arts Blueberry fruit beer and the 81 Bay Brewing Co Apricot with Maple Syrup.

IMG_0234.jpeg
Of course I loved that the Captain Hook, Peter Pan and Tick Tock topiaries were close by to enjoy.
IMG_0236.jpeg
IMG_0237.jpeg
I was just so happy to be at Flower and Garden after three years and was enjoying every bit of the evening! We picked the chocolate raspberry tart from Cider house for our dessert but devoured it before a picture could be taken. I certainly enjoyed the Pink Lemonade hard Cider we decided to try though.
IMG_0241.jpeg

*continued in next post*

Last edited:

We explored the France pavilion a bit as I wanted to see where the new Remy attraction was located. Of course I had to have a photo with the topiaries from Beauty and the Beast!
IMG_0246.jpeg

Our next stop was in Japan for some frushi! Bill decided to go for the chicken yakatori and we shared the pineapple sake. Everything was so good although Bill wasn't really a fan of the frushi. Oh well, more for me!
IMG_0248.jpegIMG_0247.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg
We had budgeted $100 CDN for our F&G food booth treats by buying a $100 gift card which I kept in a lanyard. This was such a quick and easy way to keep track of our spending and it was so convenient to just quickly swipe the card. It worked out perfectly as I think we had about $3 left after our goodies at Japan. We decided to browse around Mitsukoshi next. Sadly it is just not the same these days without the cultural representatives and the shelves are pretty bare. We picked out some of our sons' favourite Japanese candy and moved on. But first we had to recreate a picture from one of first trips with the boys. No Jamie this time though!
IMG_0250.jpeg

It was a beautiful evening to stroll World Showcase . We had hoped to enjoy some of the Garden Rocks concert that evening but it was a gospel singer and that isn't our favourite. So we continued our stroll with an eye to finding a spot for Harmonious. I felt the show was technically brilliant but didn't have any real heart or emotional pull for me. Bill really enjoyed it though but he is not as picky about the nighttime shows like I am.
IMG_0252.jpeg

We spent a bit of time hunting for 50th anniversary statues and were happy to find Rocket with baby Groot and Olaf with Pascal. So cute!

IMG_0254.jpeg
IMG_0255.jpeg
Since it was now extra hours for deluxe resort guests, we decided to hop in line for Remy. We ended up waiting about 40 minutes which wasn't too bad. I would like to know however, what is with the queue? It has to be one of the most boring and unimaginative queues in all of Disney. Did they run out of money? Honestly it was on par with a queue at Canada's Wonderland! As for the ride itself, I wasn't really a fan. The ride vehicles are cute but I didn't love the screen technology and had to close my eyes several times so I didn't get nauseous. This could be a one and done for me but I might ride it again if it had a very short wait.

We were tired at this point as it was past 10:30 so decided to head out of the park. Doesn't Epcot look so pretty at night
?
IMG_0261.jpeg
We were happy to head back to the hotel for a good night's sleep. The next day we would be moving resorts, eating at an awesome Disney Springs restaurant and enjoying the pool! Where do you think we picked for dinner?

Sadly I couldn't ride anything too fast or bumpy as I was recovering from a concussion due to a workplace injury

Ouch! I'm so sorry that happened!

Next up was Living with the Land which is one of my favourites! It was done up beautifully for Flower and Garden.
IMG_0227.jpeg

Beautiful! I think F & G is my favorite festival because it just looks so pretty :flower1:

we decided to hop in line for Remy. We ended up waiting about 40 minutes which wasn't too bad. I would like to know however, what is with the queue? It has to be one of the most boring and unimaginative queues in all of Disney. Did they run out of money? Honestly it was on par with a queue at Canada's Wonderland! As for the ride itself, I wasn't really a fan. The ride vehicles are cute but I didn't love the screen technology and had to close my eyes several times

Aw, boo. We really like Remy and think the queue is kind of cute. I love the music they play and the part where you see Gusteau's restaurant. We are big Ratatouille fans though so that might make a difference. We love the ride almost as much as MMRR :love:

What a great day you had!

Luckily the stop was a quick three minute walk from our room and we were lucky enough to have a short five minute wait before we were on a bus headed to Epcot!
Pretty good timing!
Spaceship Earth! While she is showing her age a bit and could use some TLC
I think I read somewhere that she's due for a refurb?
I adore the floating islands of flowers and the beautiful beds of flowers done for the festival. Could Epcot look any prettier?
I do think Epcot is at its best during F&G.
we tried the Lavender Honey Mustard chicken flatbread. We both found this a bit dry and bland.
Unfortunate. But the rest of the things you ate sound like they made up for it.
We headed next to Northern Bloom where I went for the scallops with green beans
Good size scallops. :)
the 81 Bay Brewing Co Apricot with Maple Syrup.
What an interesting combination! I'm not a beer drinker, but I'd try that.
Of course I loved that the Captain Hook, Peter Pan and Tick Tock topiaries were close by to enjoy.
But Hook probably wasn't so thrilled that Tick Tock was close by. :laughing:
We picked the chocolate raspberry tart from Cider house for our dessert but devoured it before a picture could be taken.
:laughing: Must've been good!
You do look like you're enjoying it... and I love the "devoured" empty dessert plate beside you. :lmao:
Pretty shot of you. :)
Bill wasn't really a fan of the frushi. Oh well, more for me!
::yes::
We had budgeted $100 CDN for our F&G food booth treats by buying a $100 gift card which I kept in a lanyard. This was such a quick and easy way to keep track of our spending and it was so convenient to just quickly swipe the card. It worked out perfectly as I think we had about $3 left after our goodies at Japan.
Oh, what a great idea! And pretty darned good budgeting.
We decided to browse around Mitsukoshi next. Sadly it is just not the same these days without the cultural representatives and the shelves are pretty bare.
Oh, that hadn't occurred to me. :(
Yeah, that's unfortunate.
So we continued our stroll with an eye to finding a spot for Harmonious. I felt the show was technically brilliant but didn't have any real heart or emotional pull for me.
I've heard that from a lot of people.
I would like to know however, what is with the queue? It has to be one of the most boring and unimaginative queues in all of Disney. Did they run out of money?
Oh really! I'm disappointed and surprised to hear that.
Honestly it was on par with a queue at Canada's Wonderland!
Hey! Don't be putting our theme park down! :laughing:

Actually, while I've been to TO multiple times, I've never felt a desire to go there.
As for the ride itself, I wasn't really a fan. The ride vehicles are cute but I didn't love the screen technology and had to close my eyes several times so I didn't get nauseous.
I've heard that can be the case. I'll see for myself in a few months.
Doesn't Epcot look so pretty at night?
::yes::
Where do you think we picked for dinner?
I'll say... Jaleo

We had budgeted $100 CDN for our F&G food booth treats by buying a $100 gift card which I kept in a lanyard. This was such a quick and easy way to keep track of our spending and it was so convenient to just quickly swipe the card.
I like using a gift card for the food booths, too. It is much easier than using a MB. :)

Ouch! I'm so sorry that happened!
Thanks Kelly! I am fully recovered now but it wasn't pleasant.
Beautiful! I think F & G is my favorite festival because it just looks so pretty :flower1:
Agreed!
Aw, boo. We really like Remy and think the queue is kind of cute. I love the music they play and the part where you see Gusteau's restaurant. We are big Ratatouille fans though so that might make a difference. We love the ride almost as much as MMRR :love:
We were in the stand by line and there was a lot of winding through rooms with non descript walls. The part where the restaurant was looked really cute though.
What a great day you had!
It was such a fun day! Just thinking about it makes me want to be back again now!
I think I read somewhere that she's due for a refurb?
It was supposed to be down for refurb pre Covid but we will see when that happens now.
I do think Epcot is at its best during F&G.
100%!
Unfortunate. But the rest of the things you ate sound like they made up for it.
We had some very yummy choices!
What an interesting combination! I'm not a beer drinker, but I'd try that.
It was our favourite of the three. I wonder if it's available in the Ontario or Manitoba liquor stores?
You do look like you're enjoying it... and I love the "devoured" empty dessert plate beside you. :lmao:
Chocolate and raspberry is pretty much our favourite so we made short work of it!
Pretty shot of you. :)
Thank you!
Oh, what a great idea! And pretty darned good budgeting.
It worked out really well! I would definitely do the same for the food booths going forward. I usually preload a Starbucks card as well with $100 for coffee and treats.
Oh, that hadn't occurred to me. :(
Yeah, that's unfortunate.
I am so looking forward to the cultural representatives returning!
Oh really! I'm disappointed and surprised to hear that.
Maybe it was that we were in the stand by line? I might buy an $ILL for it next time and see if it's any better.
I'll say... Jaleo
Close but no!
I like using a gift card for the food booths, too. It is much easier than using a MB. :)
It really is. :)

So we continued our stroll with an eye to finding a spot for Harmonious. I felt the show was technically brilliant but didn't have any real heart or emotional pull for me.

I haven't seen this in person yet, but after watching a few videos I can totally see where you're coming from. I'm hoping it moves me more in person, but for now it's just not doing it for me!

Loving the report, I'm am drooling over all the food pictures!

Spaceship Earth! While she is showing her age a bit and could use some TLC, I adore this ride.
I'm with you. It will be interesting to see what they do with it when they renovate.
Since it was now extra hours for deluxe resort guests, we decided to hop in line for Remy.
Wait what? I need to brush up on my knowledge of what the extra hours situations are...so do they kick everyone out who isn't a deluxe resort guest? Sounds weird..great if you are a resort guest...but...notso sure...well...just more planning to to throw in lol

It was our favourite of the three. I wonder if it's available in the Ontario or Manitoba liquor stores?
I'll probably never know. Beer is the absolute last thing I look for there.
Chocolate and raspberry is pretty much our favourite so we made short work of it!
Apparently! :laughing:
Maybe it was that we were in the stand by line? I might buy an $ILL for it next time and see if it's any better.

Close but no!
Dang!

What a great day! Aside from the flatbread you did pretty good on the food front. Love the photo with Bill and Picachu minus Jamie lol. You look so happy and relaxed enjoying yourself in France. Hopefully one day soon I too will get to ride Remy and hunt down golden statues.
Epcot really does look gorgeous during the flower and garden festival and I love Spaceship Earth all lit up at night. SSE holds such a special place in my heart it’s a must do every single trip and oftentimes more than once. My dad (who went to WDW with my mum on free flights that came with their purchase of a new vacuum cleaner back in the 90s never to return 🤣) loved that ride. It, the Kennedy Space Centre and the lack of footpaths from their hotel to go for a walk in some godforsaken place up I-drive were the things he talked about after their trip. He loved the first two and couldn’t get past the latter 🤣. SSE always makes me smile and think of him🥰

Last edited:
I haven't seen this in person yet, but after watching a few videos I can totally see where you're coming from. I'm hoping it moves me more in person, but for now it's just not doing it for me!
It's no Illuminations that's for sure. maybe it will grow on me.
Loving the report, I'm am drooling over all the food pictures!
Thank you so much! We did eat very well, I have to say. :)
I'm with you. It will be interesting to see what they do with it when they renovate.
I've heard a few rumours that sound interesting. I just don't like that it is projected to be closed for close to two years!
Wait what? I need to brush up on my knowledge of what the extra hours situations are...so do they kick everyone out who isn't a deluxe resort guest? Sounds weird..great if you are a resort guest...but...notso sure...well...just more planning to to throw in lol
You would scan your band before accessing any attractions after hours. When we were there it was all deluxe level hotels and DVC properties. You got two hours at Epcot on Monday after park close and the same at MK on Wednesday.
I'll probably never know. Beer is the absolute last thing I look for there.
Haha! Or rum either......
What a great day! Aside from the flatbread you did pretty good on the food front. Love the photo with Bill and Picachu minus Jamie lol. You look so happy and relaxed enjoying yourself in France. Hopefully one day soon I too will get to ride Remy and hunt down golden statues.
You will be there sooner than later my friend! Sending pixie dust that it happens. :)
Epcot really does look gorgeous during the flower and garden festival and I love Spaceship Earth all lit up at night. SSE holds such a special place in my heart it’s a must do every single trip and oftentimes more than once. My dad (who went to WDW with my mum on free flights that came with their purchase of a new vacuum cleaner back in the 90s never to return 🤣) loved that ride. It, the Kennedy Space Centre and the lack of footpaths from their hotel to go for a in some godforsaken place up I-drive were the things he talked about after their trip. He loved the first two and couldn’t get past the latter 🤣. SSE always makes me smile and think of him🥰
That is the sweetest story. So glad you shared it with me.:goodvibes

You remembered that!?!?!
Remembering you don't drink rum is like remembering your dislike of coconut. Pretty easy to do....unless you'd like me to make a coconut rum cake and send it to Manitoba? :rotfl2:

Remembering you don't drink rum is like remembering your dislike of coconut. Pretty easy to do....unless you'd like me to make a coconut rum cake and send it to Manitoba? :rotfl2:
No!!!!!!!! :faint:

Such a smart move budgeting a gift card for World Showcase! Why have I never thought of that?!

Looks like a perfect Epcot evening :lovestruc

Such a smart move budgeting a gift card for World Showcase! Why have I never thought of that?!

Looks like a perfect Epcot evening :lovestruc
It worked out so well! I've always done all my Disney dining using gift cards (after trying the DDP and not liking it) but have never thought to do a separate GC for the festival booths. I will definitely plan for that again! :) We had so much fun at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter