Sunshine, food and fun...a perfect March Break adventure! A March '22 trip report! Back from PEI 08/09

You’re off to a great start despite the chilly weather. Those blue skies are good for the soul and you both look so happy :goodvibes
My daughter stayed at SSR and said it took her a while to find her bearings but she absolutely loved the proximity to Disney Springs. WBG certainly didn’t disappoint and a holiday isn’t a holiday until you have a cocktail 🍹 🤣

This is my 12th trip to Disney
Imagine my horror when I saw it was 7 degrees (44 F).

What were your trip dates? Orlando has had some really cold weather for March.
I always like to go for a big salad before heading to Disney because you know I won't be eating so many of them when we are there!
I agree! Disney needs to serve more good salads.
Well that was Bill and I for about 20 minutes while we walked around in circles, consulted various maps, got lost a few times, retraced our steps and eventually figured out how to get to the Disney Springs pathway.
We always get lost in Disney Springs, especially since we don't go there very often. The sunshine looks lovely, though. :)

Then the waiter told us they made buttermilk biscuits in house and served them with sea salt butter and hot honey.
That looks really good. I love biscuits and honey. :)

I knew you would love WBG, the brunch burrata looks different than the regular one. Still amazing I’m sure!
Chilly weather in March is unusual! I know how you feel! We had to layer like crazy on our January trip!
The walking to DS sounds wonderful. We enjoy so many places there now.
SSR is one of the last resorts we need to stay at to fulfill our every resort mission!

Despite the chilly temps, a nice start to your vacation! Hope it warms up for you.
We just had two chilly days, then the weather turned and was absolute perfection. :)
:laughing: I can just see this. The double take. The checking the app page. The disbelief... :lmao:
Right on all counts!
Not too bad. Probably what we'll do when we go down. Not sure yet... but probably.
I may try Mears Connect when I am on my solo trip. I do really like Lyft though and only had one driver that I didn't care for.
:laughing: Someone in a top floor room was watching you guys like rats in a maze.
They would be having a good laugh too. Saratoga is such a big resort, it did take us a while to get our bearings.
You look both nice and toasty in your layers and very happy. :)
Those Columbia jackets with the heat tech lining are awesome for the unpredictable weather. They are lightweight but keep you nice and warm.
You must have worked in the industry. People who haven't don't usually say "two top".
No, I would be the world's worst server, lol! My use of those terms is solely from reading Disney dining reviews.
Is that a poached egg on top?
That is the Burrata (soft mozzarella with a creamy centre).
Bacon is life. :snooty:
100%
Kinda hard to say no to that! How were they??
Fantastic! Flaky, buttery and warm. The butter and honey melted right into them.
Of course! And these drinks I would have loved. ::yes::
They were excellent. Bill's drink was the clear winner though.
You guys look great! And happy! :)
Thank you! Nothing better than the first day of Disney happiness.
How was it? Did you have a handful of options? The planner in my doesn't like not knowing if there will be lyfts to shoose from before hand.
There were tons of options. I always go for a preferred driver as they have the best customer feedback.
You blend in just like a local!
I was watching people walk around in t shirts and shorts and all I could think was how????
You both look so happy to be there! Great picture!
Thank you! We were so happy to be back again. :)
You’re off to a great start despite the chilly weather. Those blue skies are good for the soul and you both look so happy :goodvibes
My daughter stayed at SSR and said it took her a while to find her bearings but she absolutely loved the proximity to Disney Springs. WBG certainly didn’t disappoint and a holiday isn’t a holiday until you have a cocktail 🍹 🤣
Exactly! Vacation time starts with a yummy beverage. We really liked Saratoga, it is a beautiful resort.

What were your trip dates? Orlando has had some really cold weather for March.
We were there from the 12th to the 19th of March. The 12th was the day of the really intense thunderstorms and tornado warnings, That's the day we flew in. I think that wild weather was part of the cold front that moved in.
I agree! Disney needs to serve more good salads.
I love a good salad. I always reach a point mid trip when I all I want to eat is something green.
We always get lost in Disney Springs, especially since we don't go there very often. The sunshine looks lovely, though. :)
I am pretty good in the Springs now but totally got lost in Saratoga. It's such a big resort!
That looks really good. I love biscuits and honey. :)
They were amazing!!
I knew you would love WBG, the brunch burrata looks different than the regular one. Still amazing I’m sure!
Such a great restaurant! The Burrata was to die for...I devoured every bite!
Chilly weather in March is unusual! I know how you feel! We had to layer like crazy on our January trip!
I was not a fan of the cool temperatures at all. I always bring an extra jacket and scarf when we travel between December and March as you just never know how the weather will be.
The walking to DS sounds wonderful. We enjoy so many places there now.
It was awesome to be able walk back and forth. Spoiler alert, we ended up at one of your favourite places. :)
SSR is one of the last resorts we need to stay at to fulfill our every resort mission!
We really liked it! I would definitely go for a preferred location though.

Last edited:
I may try Mears Connect when I am on my solo trip. I do really like Lyft though and only had one driver that I didn't care for.
I was looking at Mears too. Haven't looked enough to decide one way or the other.
I've used Lyft a fair bit too, and have also had only one driver that didn't quite know where she was going.
They would be having a good laugh too. Saratoga is such a big resort, it did take us a while to get our bearings.
I've never been, so I won't judge.

Nah. Changed my mind. This is me pointing and laughing.

;)
No, I would be the world's worst server, lol! My use of those terms is solely from reading Disney dining reviews.
Oh! :laughing:
That is the Burrata (soft mozzarella with a creamy centre).
Ohhhhh... mmmm....
Fantastic! Flaky, buttery and warm. The butter and honey melted right into them.
Whoa. They sound great.

We made our way to Wine Bar George and were brought upstairs to a lovely two top. There were some brave souls eating on the patio, I only hope they had the heaters on. I had been salivating over the WBG menu for months so knew exactly what I had to have. The Burrata of dreams...served over toasted cibatta with greens, toy box tomato, avocado and bacon. Simply the most delicious meal a girl could hope for!

Ooh this looks lovely! We haven't ended up at WBG yet (always tend to do D'Luxe Burger or Blaze for something quick), but this is really tempting!

We decided we needed an extra order of bacon because we all know bacon is a food group on it's own. Then the waiter told us they made buttermilk biscuits in house and served them with sea salt butter and hot honey. Say no more. An order of those soon made their way to our table as well.

Also, yummm...I do love a good biscuit! These look glorious.

we thoroughly enjoyed listening to the live music and taking in the view while enjoying our drinks.

One of my favorite areas! I love how much Buffett music gets covered over by the margarita stand 😂

Looking forward to following along! Had to make myself a new account (formerly LindseyJo22) because I think the Dis lost me, but I'm back again :)

Whoa. They sound great.
I may still dream about those biscuits!
Ooh this looks lovely! We haven't ended up at WBG yet (always tend to do D'Luxe Burger or Blaze for something quick), but this is really tempting!
WBG would be a great babymoon date. They have really good mocktails as well. :)
Also, yummm...I do love a good biscuit! These look glorious.
They were biscuit perfection.
Looking forward to following along! Had to make myself a new account (formerly LindseyJo22) because I think the Dis lost me, but I'm back again :)
Thanks so much for joining in! :)
Great start to your trip report:flower:
Thank you! I am glad you are following along!

Sounds like you two kicked off your Disney trip with an amazing meal. Based on your photos, everything looked delicious!

The things you do to save money on flights!

Luckily we found a great airport restaurant called Houston's and settled in for a leisurely lunch. First up was a beverage with both of us going for a Belgian Moon.
IMG_0144.jpeg

THere goes all the money you saved on your cheap flights. :lmao:
Imagine my horror when I saw it was 7 degrees (44 F). What???

:scared1:
Here I am all bundled up on the bridge. Yes, I have a blouse, a jean jacket, a Columbia quilted jacket and a scarf on. In March! I was not impressed.

As bundled up as you were, you're still as cute as a button.

). This was light and refreshing and just felt like the perfect summery drink.

Except.... it wasn't summer. :(

Popping over from your PTR . Great start . Looking forward to reading more.

I'm here, Susan! :) Thanks for the heads up and I'll be following along!
Yay! So happy you are, Liesa!
THere goes all the money you saved on your cheap flights. :lmao:
Airport lunches are not cheap, that's for sure!
As bundled up as you were, you're still as cute as a button.
Aww, thank you!
Following along! Eagerly anticipating the reporting of a park day! :tigger:
Welcome and thanks for following along! We only had 2 day park hopper tickets this trip but hit all 4 parks and had so much fun. :) Details coming up soon!
Popping over from your PTR . Great start . Looking forward to reading more.
Thanks so much for popping over! I am looking forward to sharing our trip with you. :)

Last edited:
Tardy to the party! But made it to page 2 :) Hi, Susan!

Looks like a great start to the trip:
I had to google to learn that Belgian Moon is exactly the same as Blue Moon here in the US, but with a different name! Still brewed by MolsonCoors who makes Miller Lite, so sounds good to me! LOL

Souds like you had a lovely start to your trip at Disney Springs. That walkway over from SSR is so great. My Mom and I stayed across the street when it was Buena Vista Palace, and we ran across the street to SSR to use their buses and said walkway to Disney Springs. We had booked a last minute trip and couldn't find ANYTHING on property, so ended up offsite. We were desperate to feel like we were in the bubble!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter