Summer Sun, Libations, and Yetis July 2019 (Updated September 30th)

I still don't know how I feel about this NBA Experience thing. But that might be because I'm not a big basketball fan these days (side effect of being somewhat a Knicks fan). I'm all for new things, though, and it looks like the store might be worth checking out.

Fun fact (that I actually just randomly remembered): I used to have a Milwaukee Bucks pen. I think my dad had a parent in his school whose company sold a lot of sports novelty stuff or something so we got random things (I might be making that up, but it definitely came from a parent at my dad's school) ... I also had a Mets watch (this was back when I was a Mets fan, so it must have been when I was pretty young). I don't know why the pen was specifically the Bucks.

FEAR THE DEER! GO BUCKS! 🦌

At Dahlia I sat at the bar and ordered a beverage while I waited for my ADR time. I got the Espumoso Punch which the CM said was very popular during cast previews. The CMs bartending came from a few different places. One of them came from California Grill, another from Yacht Club.

IMG_5509.jpg

IMG_5510.jpg

The drink was really good. As a note you can only order tapas from Toledo at Dahlia. You cannot order the full menu.

IMG_5511.jpg

The Disney/Dali short plays on a loop in the bar.

IMG_5512.jpg

View from Dahlia is great.

IMG_5513.jpg

There is outdoor seating at Dahlia.

Time for Toledo!

IMG_5516.jpg

The menu is interesting. They have it all in three sections on a wooden plank. Drinks, Tapas, and main dishes. Tapas is bite size and rather cheap $2-3 and then you have larger appetizer type options, and then of course main courses.

IMG_5518.jpg

The venue is rather gorgeous. For an appetizer I ordered the Manchego Cheese board cause cheese duh ;) It was fine. I wasn't blown away. My friend @AMusicLifeForMe who I was with ordered the savory churros and those were really good. I also ordered an Estrella Damm Pale Lager for my beverage. I liked that as well.

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

IMG_5521.jpg

Continued in next post...

First up was the Hollywood Studios Wonderful World of Animation show which you had the best view (and the star wars show) but since its so projection heavy its still not great.

IMG_5522.jpg

IMG_5523.jpg

Illuminations you could see if you were in the corner and looked for it but again not a great view of it. I wouldn't recommend this if you want a fireworks view really. The views otherwise are spectacular.

For my main dish I got the Hangar Steak.

IMG_5524.jpg

I really enjoyed this and would get it again. Well cooked and it comes with crushed new potatoes, salsa verde, greens, charred peppers, and yellow pepper. For $32 I was pleased.

For dessert I wanted the Toledo Tapas Bar but it was sold out for the night. I ended p with the Classic Crema Catalana instead which is basically a creme brûlée.

IMG_5526.jpg

This was good but I want to try that other dessert next time.

IMG_5527.jpg

The Gran Destino, Dahlia, and Toledo were awesome. I would love to stay there sometime. The views, the look, everything about it was great. Its very deluxe for a moderate resort and I know that is due to the convention guests but I would love to come back and try other things at Dahlia, Toledo and the two places I didn't get to try Three Bridges, and Barcelona. I definitely recommend others go check it out.

Up Next: And now its time to say goodbye...

Wow that looks really nice! I have stayed at Coronado a few times and this is really a step up for that resort. Great views!

Pool time and a margarita sound good, I always plan on relaxing by the pool with an adult beverage but it never seems to happen. The Gran Destino looks really nice, how cool to get to go on opening night!!

Pool time and a margarita sound good, I always plan on relaxing by the pool with an adult beverage but it never seems to happen. The Gran Destino looks really nice, how cool to get to go on opening night!!
It was awesome!

Last year they were.
Yup but that doesn't take away that we are still the defending champions, when did the bucks win the NBA championship last? I was just joking around everyone always thinks their favourite team is the best no matter how badly they play. A good example would be the Maple Leafs they seem to have fans everywhere no matter how bad they end up doing.

Yup but that doesn't take away that we are still the defending champions, when did the bucks win the NBA championship last? I was just joking around everyone always thinks their favourite team is the best no matter how badly they play. A good example would be the Maple Leafs they seem to have fans everywhere no matter how bad they end up doing.
And I was joking around too... I'm not even a big NBA fan so...

Looks like a great ( mostly ) meal . GDT looks beautiful. I am staying one night on Dec. can’t wait

Sorry for falling behind, trying to play catch-up with all the TRs now!

I went to the Paddock Pool for those who know SSR. I got lunch and a margarita while there as well.

IMG_5466.jpg

This looks really refreshing. Do you remember what it was by any chance?

I headed up to the 16th floor next for the Dahlia lounge. Interesting note about the elevators, you select your floor on the outside and then it tells you which elevator will take you there.

OOOOH they do this at a few hotels in Times Square!! So posh!!

The Gran Destino, Dahlia, and Toledo were awesome. I would love to stay there sometime. The views, the look, everything about it was great. Its very deluxe for a moderate resort and I know that is due to the convention guests but I would love to come back and try other things at Dahlia, Toledo and the two places I didn't get to try Three Bridges, and Barcelona. I definitely recommend others go check it out.

GREAT review and pictures, the resort, bar, and restaurant all look incredible!

Sorry for falling behind, trying to play catch-up with all the TRs now!

This looks really refreshing. Do you remember what it was by any chance?

OOOOH they do this at a few hotels in Times Square!! So posh!!
GREAT review and pictures, the resort, bar, and restaurant all look incredible!
I believe it was the sunshine margarita.

Destino was awesome!

I'm glad you enjoyed Toledo. I agree with everything you said. I believe Barcelona had the same drinks as Dahlia, so I don't think you missed out there, but definitely get the tapas dessert, it was so good. You had some beautiful pictures of the resort, it does feel very deluxe.

I'm glad you enjoyed Toledo. I agree with everything you said. I believe Barcelona had the same drinks as Dahlia, so I don't think you missed out there, but definitely get the tapas dessert, it was so good. You had some beautiful pictures of the resort, it does feel very deluxe.
Barcelona has a big rum menu I believe. That’s their specialty.

I’m finally all caught up. It looks like you are having a great time. I love the look of the new tower. It’s beautiful and the views look amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter