Summer Sun, Libations, and Yetis July 2019 (Updated September 30th)

An update!
- Tron coaster is really coming along and it looks AWESOME
- I have been going to WDW for years and riding the PM and have yet to see SM with the lights on! Jealous
- Broken animatronics...used to be so rare, and now I feel like I almost expect them to not work at least once in any given ride. I think Disney is getting sloppy with this.
- Your enthusiasm for the Country Bears has me convinced to revisit them on my next trip! It's been several years...

An update!
- Tron coaster is really coming along and it looks AWESOME
- I have been going to WDW for years and riding the PM and have yet to see SM with the lights on! Jealous
- Broken animatronics...used to be so rare, and now I feel like I almost expect them to not work at least once in any given ride. I think Disney is getting sloppy with this.
- Your enthusiasm for the Country Bears has me convinced to revisit them on my next trip! It's been several years...
Yes can’t wait for tron!

This was my second time seeing space with the lights on. There were actually people stuck on it this time too!

I agree that so much more seems to be broken now than it used to be.

I’m glad my country bear love is rubbing off on people! ;)

My first time with the new ride photo. I was having a thrilling time!

IMG_5314 2.JPG
You certainly look like you are! I thought this photo spot was unncessary, but it certainly has resulted in some awesome images from my friends!
Out near the hub a horse drawn carriage was out and about.

IMG_5197.jpg
Were they letting people ride in it?
Seeing the Country Bears out means I had to go see the show of course! I love this show so much!

IMG_5235.jpg
You'll have to remind me in October if you want any of the Country Bear merch from Tokyo. Obviously there will be luggage space constraints, but I know they have super cute stuff (I'll get to see the Summer Vacation version and the Christmas version)!

You certainly look like you are! I thought this photo spot was unncessary, but it certainly has resulted in some awesome images from my friends!

Were they letting people ride in it?

You'll have to remind me in October if you want any of the Country Bear merch from Tokyo. Obviously there will be luggage space constraints, but I know they have super cute stuff (I'll get to see the Summer Vacation version and the Christmas version)!
Yeah the haunted mansion photo isn’t necessary but I can live with it.

No rides. They weren’t letting people near it really.

Oh yes! I’ll have to check out their CBJ stuff and let you know.

Cool that you got to see Space with the lights on!

So ... was this before or after the "rumors" that Country Bears was closing? Was there a chance this could have been your last time experiencing it? (I mean, we all knew those rumors were garbage, but ... I do kinda wonder if anyone went to squeeze in one last show ... only to discover that it's not closing and certain websites like to make up rumors)

Sounds like a good start to an MK day!

Cool that you got to see Space with the lights on!

So ... was this before or after the "rumors" that Country Bears was closing? Was there a chance this could have been your last time experiencing it? (I mean, we all knew those rumors were garbage, but ... I do kinda wonder if anyone went to squeeze in one last show ... only to discover that it's not closing and certain websites like to make up rumors)

Sounds like a good start to an MK day!
This was after Disney came out and said it wasn’t going anywhere.

Pepperoni...

After singing along with Big Al I ventured over to Splash Mountain which was closed earlier. I timed it right and waited only about 15 minutes in the standby.

IMG_5252 3.JPG

IMG_5253.JPG

IMG_5262 2.JPG

IMG_5429.JPG

I walked through Adventureland then to find a brand new food item... Pepperoni Spring Rolls! I ended up getting one of each. One cheeseburger and one pepperoni. I liked both but liked the pepperoni one the most. I would get it again if I needed a snack.

IMG_5266.jpg

Jim was playing outside of Casey's which is always great.

IMG_5268 2.JPG

I then ventured out towards to Contemporary to catch a bus to Hollywood Studios. Robin Hood and Little John were meeting in the Town Square area.

IMG_5270.jpg

IMG_5272 2.JPG

And soon enough I was at DHS! Skyliner cabins passing by overhead... I actually stayed here for a while and took a bunch of photos of the cabins.

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5300.jpg

Up Next: A New to me Restaurant!

A New to me Restaurant!

Before we get to some dining I had some fun at Hollywood Studios!

My first order of business was riding Tower of Terror. I tend to only do this every other trip or so because while I love the theming and story of ToT, drop rides freak me out. I will ride Everest or Rockin rollercoaster all day long but ToT not so much.

Good thing I had a fastpass too because the line was crazy long with them still doing the refurbishment then.

IMG_5303.jpg

Just look at my face!

IMG_5349 2.JPG

After dropping to my death I went into Toy Story Land for Slinky Dog Dash!

IMG_5305.jpg

Honestly have no idea what my face is doing in this one...

IMG_5315 2.JPG

I did have a FP for Star Tours after this but skipped it and left the park for my dinner plans.

I would be dining at Sebastians! I was really excited to try this place out after some really great reviews I saw.

IMG_5308.jpg

I ordered a special limited time beverage that the server recommended that I forgot the name of. It was quite good though.

IMG_5309.jpg

For an appetizer I got the jerk wings which were awesome. I would definitely go back for these.

IMG_5311.jpg

The view was nice with the skyliner and the dark clouds rolling in...

IMG_5310.jpg

I got the skirt steak for my main dish.

IMG_5312.jpg

This was pretty good and I would get it again but I would try some other things on my next visit.

For dessert I got the sorbet which I really enjoyed.

IMG_5316.jpg

Overall I really liked Sebastians and will for sure go back when I have the chance. I would recommend it to anyone else as well. My server was great with recommendations and overall the restaurant was kind of empty though it was early in the evening.

Up Next: Living my best life!

I love the theming and story of ToT too, but my stomach can't handle it. I can do the roller coasters without much of a problem, but something about the repeated up and down of ToT is too much for me!

I stayed at CBR this past January for marathon weekend. I doubt I would stay there again anytime soon, though with the skyliner maybe I'd give it another chance. I never tried the dining there, but your meal at Sebastians looks good!

I love the theming and story of ToT too, but my stomach can't handle it. I can do the roller coasters without much of a problem, but something about the repeated up and down of ToT is too much for me!

I stayed at CBR this past January for marathon weekend. I doubt I would stay there again anytime soon, though with the skyliner maybe I'd give it another chance. I never tried the dining there, but your meal at Sebastians looks good!
My stomach is ok it’s just the fear of the drops I guess that freaks me out.

I’m staying at CBR for Wine and Dine. I’m excited for the Skyliner to open.

I am with you on Tower of Terror (except that I won't ride it at all). The idea of the drops freaks me out too much. I'd rather ride a roller coaster 10 times in a row than go on ToT once.

That meal at Sebastian's looks good! Glad you enjoyed it!

I am with you on Tower of Terror (except that I won't ride it at all). The idea of the drops freaks me out too much. I'd rather ride a roller coaster 10 times in a row than go on ToT once.

That meal at Sebastian's looks good! Glad you enjoyed it!
Sebastians was really good!

Living my best life!

A couple days before this I splurged and went for Disney After Hours at Animal Kingdom. I didn't know what to expect or if it would be worth it. It also ended up raining on my way to AK and for a while up until basically the event started.

I checked in got the event just after 7PM. And yes I know I am wearing a basic boring yellow magic band...

IMG_5318.jpg

I walked around a bit as it rained. I stopped off at Dawa bar for a beverage.

IMG_5319.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

Then since the rain stopped so I went on my first evening safari ever!

IMG_5321.jpg

The savanna itself was pretty empty.

IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5335.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

The most active part was the lions! They were moving around and the male roared! This was my second time hearing them do this so it was really cool to see again.

IMG_5344 2.JPG

Tree of life always looks great

IMG_5348.jpg

Continued in the next post...

Living my best life!

So I had the option of seeing Rivers of Light with the general guests at 9PM or the After Hours showing at 10PM. I thought though to get the most of the event it was best to watch the 9PM show not the 10PM show. While waiting for the show it started raining again...

Watching the show in the rain wasn't pleasant but it wasn't a downpour either.

IMG_5351.jpg

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5361 2.JPG

IMG_5368 4.JPG

IMG_5374 2.JPG

IMG_5380.JPG

IMG_5383 2.JPG

IMG_5384 5.JPG

IMG_5391 2.JPG

It was time to see what After Hours was all about after the show!

Continued in the next post...

Living my best life!

My first attraction was Dinosaur! There was actually a little bit of a wait because they went and cleared the track of any lost items from the day.

IMG_5393 2.JPG

Fun fact: These represent ketchup and mustard from when the attraction was sponsored by McDonalds!

IMG_5394.jpg

IMG_5426 2.JPG

Up next was Everest! Not just once, not twice but three times in a row!

IMG_5396.jpg

IMG_5490.JPG

IMG_5491.JPG

IMG_5492.JPG

You could basically pick any row you wanted. I then stopped off and grabbed a lemonade from the bar near Everest as the soft drinks were included with your admission.

Pandora was next! Navi River Journey...

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5413.JPG

Then Flight of Passage! I did this twice in a row...

IMG_5416.jpg

Continued in next post...

Living my best life!

Flight of Passage was around 15-20 minute waits each time. You did go through the FP queue. After FoP I grabbed a water from the kiosk in Pandora and went and met Mickey and Minnie.

IMG_5427JPG.jpg

IMG_5425JPG.jpg

I grabbed some popcorn and then headed back to Everest.

IMG_5419.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

IMG_5494.JPG

IMG_5495.JPG

IMG_5496.JPG

There were about 10 minutes of the event left but I decided to be done and grab more water and popcorn.

IMG_5422.jpg

On the way back to Saratoga Springs I had my own bus! Nobody else was at the event from my resort I guess lol.

Up next: Another Magic Kingdom morning!

Evening safaris are great! The lions are always active. We’ve even heard rhinos being very vocal in the evenings.

Looks like you really enjoyed after hours! You just can’t beat riding Everest over and over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!