Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just purchased this yesterday as well - waiting patiently for the email! :)
Are you waiting for the DocuSign documents?

I finalized with my guide Tuesday around 5:30. QA sent the documents Wednesday morning (yesterday) around 10 AM (And processed the cc at the same time).

Yep! Finalized around 4:30pm yesterday. Did they already load your points for you?
I think points were loaded before I even finished signing. I know they were there after I signed and my wife didn't sign for another 6 hours or so.

In terms of the welcome home credit, I’m being told by my guide that I need to have a trip booked before 11 Sept to qualify- I thought I had seen that trips booked longer in advance were ok. What dates have people had accepted? Not sure if the dates make a difference as it will be my first DVC purchase?

In terms of the welcome home credit, I’m being told by my guide that I need to have a trip booked before 11 Sept to qualify- I thought I had seen that trips booked longer in advance were ok. What dates have people had accepted? Not sure if the dates make a difference as it will be my first DVC purchase?
December. They didn’t even ask for a reservation number. Just the resort and check in date.

Thank you! I've asked her about it twice and she's given the same answer both times. I'm going to send her the above language from the contract and see what she says.

She's also told me twice that I can't extend payments over 90 days. I like her, but am frustrated with some of her answers.
We had a similar experience with our guide when we purchased last fall and it is frustrating. But here is what I have learned...

- Study these threads. This group is often more knowledgeable than the guide.
- Keep asking for what you want, and ask your guide to "check." If your guide still says no, and you know the answer to be yes because you've done your research on these boards, ask again.
- Don't be afraid to say thank you, walk away, and get a different guide. We went to three different guides on our most recent visit before we got the yes we knew existed. The first two flat out told us no - never heard of it - no. The third said no at first, and then said, well, let me check. Within 60 seconds, his eyebrows raised as he looked at the computer screen and he said, "You're right. We can do it."
- Ask DisBoards before you commit to make sure you're on the right track. My errors in thinking have been kindly pointed out and the suggestions I've received have saved me thousands.

Even yesterday when we called to add on, we got two different answers from two different people.

So, keep at it. In the end, you are the customer and this is an expensive commitment. Get the deal that's right for you.

I was worried my guide was going to say the same thing, but we have a trip within the window. My plan was to book a room and cancel after closing if it became an issue.

My guide gave me a total over the phone: $28,149.15

When I asked about waiving the title insurance, he said he was aware of it but I was the first client ever to ask him. The new total was: $27,961.70 (eta- these totals are before 2022 points rebate $3300)

Title Insurance was a difference of — $187.45 —

About spreading the payments- I’ve heard some guides need approval?

Maybe it depends on the guide, but ours let us spread out the payments. We used our CC to get miles, but had to post payment — wait until it cleared — post payment again. Rinse, lather, repeat. Our CC company wouldn’t give us a temporary increase, but our guide was able to spread it out.

And since it was travel related purchases, we also received double the points. We were able to book a lot of trips with free flights.

Maybe it depends on the guide, but ours let us spread out the payments. We used our CC to get miles, but had to post payment — wait until it cleared — post payment again. Rinse, lather, repeat. Our CC company wouldn’t give us a temporary increase, but our guide was able to spread it out.

And since it was travel related purchases, we also received double the points. We were able to book a lot of trips with free flights.
That’s great.

Some people report their guide needing to get approval but ours did it automatically. Start to finish it took about 50 minutes. I called asking to confirm incentives and pricing. Guide called back 5 minutes later just as my husband was getting in from work. We really hadn’t planned buying right then lol. The timing was great though. I asked about spreading the payments and waiving title insurance. Boom, done. We picked 2 credit cards to split and repeat each 4 payments. Next day the points were in our account.

By happenstance we were only assigned a guide back in March while waiting outside GF Cafe. Our first real conversation was quick and to the point lol! How to 150 points direct in under an hour. I’m quite happy with our guide.

My trip is November. I just sent my guide an email with the reservation number. There was no issue.

I was worried my guide was going to say the same thing, but we have a trip within the window. My plan was to book a room and cancel after closing if it became an issue.
I am planning to do the same thing if needed, or if not just move it back tom when I want to travel next year. Does 1 night do it or is there a minimum stay?

Can confirm the following (we finally picked up some Riviera pts today):
Any DVC stay in the coming months works for the Welcome Home incentive
You can add on a UY that you don't already own
Magical Beginnings is still $22ppt (though I'm sure your guide will tell it can change at a moments notice)
You are NOT required to buy title insurance (which knocks off $188 on a 160 pt contract for reference)
You can split up payments so that they hit your Disney Visa over 90 days
They make it way too darn easy to take your money

Forgot to ask my guide. If you split your payments, do you need to call to make the payment or do they automatically charge your card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter