Summer discounts are out!!

Holy moly. I always thought I might like to stay at a monorail deluxe one day if we could afford it just to have had that experience... but looking at the room pictures, amenities and square footage, and that price tag... just wow. I guess I'll just walk through the lobby sometime and take a few pictures. I know someone else will be paying it though.

The rate of hotel increases since 2000 has vastly outpaced both inflation and the rate of earnings increase by the vast bulk of prospective customers...and it continues to cause problems.

The longer a person waits...the farther away they get from ever getting the room.

Basic economics. (Ones that make sense...like Princeton...not university of Chicago)

The rate of hotel increases since 2000 has vastly outpaced both inflation and the rate of earnings increase by the vast bulk of prospective customers...and it continues to cause problems.

The longer a person waits...the farther away they get from ever getting the room.

Basic economics. (Ones that make sense...like Princeton...not university of Chicago)

Yep... and I suppose I've already waited too long. Should have done it before the kids came along (2010) I guess! I guess I'll just have to make do with stretching out in a 3 bedroom offsite condo instead.... :P

Let me guess (within looking)...for only $400/$750 a night respectively?...

And people wonder why they do nothing but DVC conversions These days...
The tower theme park view was around $637/night, $617/night with the discount. The garden view was around $460/night, $446 with the discount. I wasn't planning on a return visit until October but at these great discounts, I may splurge on a June trip!

The tower theme park view was around $637/night, $617/night with the discount. The garden view was around $460/night, $446 with the discount. I wasn't planning on a return visit until October but at these great discounts, I may splurge on a June trip!

So only an aggregate $1050 for the two prices...not my $1150 guess? I'm over.

Damn...now I won't win the Showcase...

Last edited:
I can only hope that this drives attendance down even further, so maybe just maybe there will be reasonable rates (after the discounts next year when I think I am planning on returning).

Don't get me wrong, I was never thought I was saving 200 at checkout at KOHLS and I don't think I will see a decent price at WDW again. 10 years from now when they have done all the damage and squeezed as tight as they can the whole place will be run by third parties.

I guess I have to start getting the wife ready to stay offsite.

I used to Love WDW but right now I Feel like I did when I heard they were stopping Oldsmobile production or like I would if they tore down Fenway Park. I am not going to cry over it, but there is a depression present from what I am seeing.

So decided I would have some fun doing this as well. Picked a random July week. I picked 4 nights (Monday-Friday). The Pop is $127. Port Orleans is $250. Coronado and Carribean are $220. All Stars are $120s.

BUT, here is where things are a bit interesting. Animal Kingdom Lodge is $260. Saratoga is $277. Old Key West is $277. Beach is $365. Boardwalk $312. Poly is $574 (but only Club Level or Theme Park View available).

To me personally, anything over $90 for a value I will not pay, and anything over about $170 for a mod I most likely won't pay (even if they aren't under massive construction). The deluxes aren't terrible. I think if the Boardwalk/Beach were in the AKL range, I'd book it (though that is still pushing my limit). I'd be heading off site if I was going down during the summer.

For what it's worth, add $20 to the values and about $50 to the deluxes for weekends (mods don't seem to change).

It worked out for me and my family. We are staying 16 days at the Poly and the discount knocked off about $2000. We have had better discounts but I'll take this.

I needed a room for my post-OKW stay and am fine with a value. I ended up booking a room at All Star Movies for a Sunday night (Aug 27) for $80+ tax. Still debating between this and an off-site place but for now, I grabbed it. Debating between staying onsite for one final night for the convenience of luggage transfer and Magical Express or moving off-site to stay on IDrive (we've never spent ANY time there before).

It worked out for me and my family. We are staying 16 days at the Poly and the discount knocked off about $2000. We have had better discounts but I'll take this.

?

were you set up to pay rack before? I can't see any other way you'd be "saving" unless you were already booked at full price and just waiting for them to throw you a bone.

I needed a room for my post-OKW stay and am fine with a value. I ended up booking a room at All Star Movies for a Sunday night (Aug 27) for $80+ tax. Still debating between this and an off-site place but for now, I grabbed it. Debating between staying onsite for one final night for the convenience of luggage transfer and Magical Express or moving off-site to stay on IDrive (we've never spent ANY time there before).

Depending on what you want to do that final day, I'd keep it for the free airport transport alone. But that's interesting, I'm going to go see what end of august/September look like.

EDIT
Just did. That last week in August, Pop is $97, All Stars at $92, Coronado $158. Looks a lot better than July did.

its just insane, i have stayed at the GF my entire life since i was a child and the rates go up and and up making it harder and harder to be able to afford of justify a stay. my wife has been dying to stay at the poly, but how can anyone justify spending 5000 just on a hotel room that your barley even in. any resort at WDW, even the GF as grand and beautiful as it is. really when you think about it is not work the money. You pay all that money for monorail access and you never utilize the hotel room except to sleep and pass out for a mid day nap. if you spend a week at wdw, you probably spend a total of 80 hours of that week in the hotel. and 80% of that 80 hours is sleeping. this just makes me believe even more how hard they was to push the vacation club. a constant stream of revenue for all the resorts. and the normal rates and vacationers are just an added bonus : ( rough...

I'm gonna pick on you a little...I apologize...

But this mentality is a problem from about 13 different vectors...

So decided I would have some fun doing this as well. Picked a random July week. I picked 4 nights (Monday-Friday). The Pop is $127. Port Orleans is $250. Coronado and Carribean are $220. All Stars are $120s.

BUT, here is where things are a bit interesting. Animal Kingdom Lodge is $260. Saratoga is $277. Old Key West is $277. Beach is $365. Boardwalk $312. Poly is $574 (but only Club Level or Theme Park View available).

To me personally, anything over $90 for a value I will not pay, and anything over about $170 for a mod I most likely won't pay (even if they aren't under massive construction). The deluxes aren't terrible. I think if the Boardwalk/Beach were in the AKL range, I'd book it (though that is still pushing my limit). I'd be heading off site if I was going down during the summer.

For what it's worth, add $20 to the values and about $50 to the deluxes for weekends (mods don't seem to change).

It's interesting to see POR priced about the same as AKL, SS, and OKW. They continue to push those mods to the "Deluxe lite" category that they seem to be carving out.

So would you guys suggest if I'm going in the fall to book it now so I can lock in the cheaper room rates? And then wait for the discounts to come out and apply them then?

It's interesting to see POR priced about the same as AKL, SS, and OKW. They continue to push those mods to the "Deluxe lite" category that they seem to be carving out.

That's insane and is only gaining steam because of a weather phenomenon known as " el consumer la stupido"

Nothing against port...great spot, nice theming...but the facilities aren't better than Saratoga...and not close to animal kingdom

That's insane and is only gaining steam because of a weather phenomenon known as " el consumer la stupido"

Nothing against port...great spot, nice theming...but the facilities aren't better than Saratoga...and not close to animal kingdom

It's nicer than an All Star, but not even close to AKL, SS, even OKW.

I couldn't fathom being presented the four together and picking POR. Is it the boat to the springs that people are losing their minds over? To wait 20 mins for a 20 min boat ride across a retention pond to get to the lego store? SS is in walking distance, so it can't be that, right?

I have absolutely NO idea what is driving POR prices to be on par with deluxe resorts. I used to think of OKW and SSR as "deluxe lite"

So would you guys suggest if I'm going in the fall to book it now so I can lock in the cheaper room rates? And then wait for the discounts to come out and apply them then?

Agree with lockedoutlogic, better reserve now if you want to stay on property. Fall discounts over the last 2 to 3 years have been extremely limited. Typically the fall discounts are available for late October into early November, then mid to late December. Discounts for most of October are generally not available except the last five to seven days of the month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter