Suggestions needed for hair and makeup?

I didn't have any touch-ups done. My airbrush makeup from LeJeune lasted all day and looked completely flawless even when we got back to the room almost 11 hours later. My Beaute makeup was standard makeup and in photos I took in the room after the shoot I could tell I was sweating through it a bit but it looks perfectly fine in all my photos from my shoots. I had individual lashes done by LeJeune and they held up GREAT! I wore them the next day before finally washing them off. The strip lashes I had done by Beaute lasted through my shoots but barely stayed through the rest of the day. My hair is as long as @TinkLoverSam's in the photo she posted and my up-dos by both companies lasted fine for the amount of time I wore them but I'm not sure how Beaute's would have held all day as I took it out when we got back to the room. The next day for my MK shoot I wore my hair more down and they did a decent job keeping my curls contained for the length of the shoot (just over an hour) in Florida in August.

I'll try and post a picture or two from both shoots later so you can see those too.

Thank you for these details. Everything really helps. I really do want LeJeune, maybe I will check with my girls and family to see if they would like to take advantage of professional beauticians and have them pay their hair/makeup so that I can meet the minimun. They sound like their stylist with the products they use worked out better. I shall of course have to see. Just hair and makeup is something I have to keep in mind since it will be important for my photos.

My hair is down past my bottom, and very thick, plus it does what it wants so I really need to make sure the hair style stays for at least 7 hours.

Wait, you managed to do a park photo in both Disneyland in California and WDW in bridal attire? May I ask how?

Thank you for sharing your story. I really appreciate the details and have mentally taken notes on how to prepare myself. I have discussing the suits for the wedding with my fiance, at least tried to (he said not yet, we have time, we plan to marry in 2018). I want to try a lighter color so not to kill the people wearing the suits/tux. Did your wife find it at all difficult to wear the full suit/tux for longer than an hour? Do you love the park photos even though there were some slight makeup and hair issues?

Anyone can do a WDW in-park shoot. LadyD and her wife were married at Disneyland, so they also had the opportunity to do a Disneyland in-park shoot. You can hear and see all about their wedding here: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2015/08/12/disneyland-wedding-spotlight-renee-diana/

Not anymore, now anyone can do a WDW theme park shoot

Yes, we were married at the Disneyland Resort and you can opt to add on the castle shoot when you are married there, which we did. For Disneyland, pre-opening in park shoots in wedding attire are restricted to couples married at the Disneyland Resort.

At this point in time, WDW allows anyone who wants to pay the option to book a pre-opening park shoot in wedding attire. We opted for this second shoot to not wear our wedding dresses again. My wife wore a grey 3-piece suit with a white dress shirt and I wore a jumpsuit. Our photo shoot started at Animal Kingdom at 7:30 AM at the end of October. After one hour, my wife drenched from sweat. It was bad. And it was cooler out.

I LOVE our in park photos for the most part. At one point my hair acquired a pretty bad bump that NO ONE told me about, even after I asked because I suspected something was amiss. Lesson learned: bring a mirror to check yourself. I'm a little bitter about it since it ruined a few of my otherwise favorite photos, but we have a lot of amazing ones so I'm not too upset.

Our hair toward the beginning of the shoot.

IMG_5433.JPG

When the bump really started to become a problem.

IMG_5419.JPG

Thank god for wind to hide some of the hair disaster.

IMG_5442.JPG

At the end of our shoot when my hair was way done and my wife's was starting to go.

IMG_5425.JPG

I mean I think my wife looked amazing for the entire shoot ;)
AK in the beginning vs Epcot at the end of the shoot and she still looks fantastic.

IMG_5415.JPG
IMG_5421.JPG

Even with my hair all screwed up, we did have a lot of fun. (Our ode to singing in the rain, one of our favorite movies.)

IMG_5426.JPG

Yes, we were married at the Disneyland Resort and you can opt to add on the castle shoot when you are married there, which we did. For Disneyland, pre-opening in park shoots in wedding attire are restricted to couples married at the Disneyland Resort.

At this point in time, WDW allows anyone who wants to pay the option to book a pre-opening park shoot in wedding attire. We opted for this second shoot to not wear our wedding dresses again. My wife wore a grey 3-piece suit with a white dress shirt and I wore a jumpsuit. Our photo shoot started at Animal Kingdom at 7:30 AM at the end of October. After one hour, my wife drenched from sweat. It was bad. And it was cooler out.

I LOVE our in park photos for the most part. At one point my hair acquired a pretty bad bump that NO ONE told me about, even after I asked because I suspected something was amiss. Lesson learned: bring a mirror to check yourself. I'm a little bitter about it since it ruined a few of my otherwise favorite photos, but we have a lot of amazing ones so I'm not too upset.

Our hair toward the beginning of the shoot.

View attachment 212472

When the bump really started to become a problem.

View attachment 212473

Thank god for wind to hide some of the hair disaster.

View attachment 212475

At the end of our shoot when my hair was way done and my wife's was starting to go.

View attachment 212474

I mean I think my wife looked amazing for the entire shoot ;)
AK in the beginning vs Epcot at the end of the shoot and she still looks fantastic.

View attachment 212471
View attachment 212476

Even with my hair all screwed up, we did have a lot of fun. (Our ode to singing in the rain, one of our favorite movies.)

View attachment 212477

Oh my goodness you two look amazing! I love all the pictures, I cannot get over how adorable you two look together, picture perfect! !

I know at WDW they opened park photos to the public, but I thought it excluded bridal attire. I honestly think more about pictures in the park more than an actual wedding.

You all are amazing sharing and helping me with all this information, I really appreciateit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter