Suggestions needed for hair and makeup?

MermaidBride

Earning My Ears
:tinker:I am in the midst of planning a Disney World Wedding, and I have been trying to find a reliable talented hair and makeup artist. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any tips on how to find someone? Talented but won't break the bank...

It maybe important to know I have extremely long hair and am fairly good with doing my own makeup. Should I skip out on having my makeup done and use that money towards hair only?

Update, these are the two places that have been suggested to me so far:
https://www.lejeuneartistry.com/#weddingshome
http://www.beautespeciale.com/weddings/

Another update/details for the two places:
For LeJeune there are minimums:
$650 minimum for Friday - Sunday or $500 minimum for Monday - Thursday

For Beaute you have to pay $50 fee for travel and any fees if there are any for parking. Also a fee for any appointment before 6 am.

I will try to keep this first post updated with any new information I receive on this thread towards my questions. So far I have been suggested 2 different places and have updated it as so. If any more suggested boutiques come in I will post their sites or names aswell.

Last edited:
I used Lejeune Artistry and Beauty Special for my hair and makeup for the wedding and in-park shoots respectively. I would spend the money on both hair and makeup. Makeup for photos is different from everyday makeup and it will show up so much better in your photos if you get a professional to do it.

I also have extremely long hair and both were quite good with my very long, very thick, very curly hair. The hair in the picture below was done by Patricia Lejeune
IMG_0002.JPG

I used Lejeune Artistry and Beauty Special for my hair and makeup for the wedding and in-park shoots respectively. I would spend the money on both hair and makeup. Makeup for photos is different from everyday makeup and it will show up so much better in your photos if you get a professional to do it.

I also have extremely long hair and both were quite good with my very long, very thick, very curly hair. The hair in the picture below was done by Patricia Lejeune
View attachment 212093

Very beautiful! Yah, I worry because a lot of hair stylists I have been to loved my hair but freak out over how long and thick it is because it tends to take so much time to do. Does that company send someone to do both hair and makeup? Or do they have individuals do one or the other? Was it a package deal for both hair and makeup or did you pay for individual services? Was there a bridesmaid package?

My daughter used Beaute Specials for her wedding in 2008 and when I say she has long thick hair its an understatement.
They were amazing with her head of hair. She had a tiara so she wanted an up-do. She showed them a pic and they said no problem, but they did it 1,000 times better than the picture. She looked like cinderella and that hair did not move from 12-10pm.
There were 2 ladies who came and did 4 women and 1 flower girl.
It was a long time ago, but I believe they are still doing weddings in Disney.

My daughter used Beaute Specials for her wedding in 2008 and when I say she has long thick hair its an understatement.
They were amazing with her head of hair. She had a tiara so she wanted an up-do. She showed them a pic and they said no problem, but they did it 1,000 times better than the picture. She looked like cinderella and that hair did not move from 12-10pm.
There were 2 ladies who came and did 4 women and 1 flower girl.
It was a long time ago, but I believe they are still doing weddings in Disney.

Thank you for sharing this with me. I would love to see pictures of her hair. Was this place costly?

Thank you for sharing this with me. I would love to see pictures of her hair. Was this place costly?

I will try to post a pic, I'm computer challenged. LOL
Like I say it was in 08 so I'm sure the prices are higher of course now, I thought they were reasonable for coming to our hotel and the services we received.
The owner, I can't remember her name now also went and did my daughter's hair and make up 2 days after the wedding for their Magic Kingdom photo shoot. I think she arrived at their room at like 3:30 in the morning and recreated the entire look again. They were really good.
You can Google them I'm sure they have a web page.

I will try to post a pic, I'm computer challenged. LOL
Like I say it was in 08 so I'm sure the prices are higher of course now, I thought they were reasonable for coming to our hotel and the services we received.
The owner, I can't remember her name now also went and did my daughter's hair and make up 2 days after the wedding for their Magic Kingdom photo shoot. I think she arrived at their room at like 3:30 in the morning and recreated the entire look again. They were really good.
You can Google them I'm sure they have a web page.

Interesting, I am planning to do the parks shoot too! I wonder if they would be willing to do a package deal or something, I think I found them... I will post the sites I found for the places in my original posts for those who come in this chat hoping for answers...

http://www.beautespeciale.com/book-services/
Beaute Speciale did my park shoot look and arrived at 3:00am for that

https://www.lejeuneartistry.com/#weddingshome
Lejeune did my wedding day look. Lejeune now has a six service minimum to go to your room but each hair and makeup count as a service so 3 girls getting both done gets you to the minimum

So you actually had both companies? Did you prefer one over the other?

Yah I just saw the minimum and I do not think my 3 girls will need all of the services. I think it would be either one or the other and I think two of my girls may not want any of it. So I do not think the Lejeune will work for me, unless they are willing to accept some sort of deal.

So you actually had both companies? Did you prefer one over the other?

Yah I just saw the minimum and I do not think my 3 girls will need all of the services. I think it would be either one or the other and I think two of my girls may not want any of it. So I do not think the Lejeune will work for me, unless they are willing to accept some sort of deal.
I preferred Lejeune overall but Beaute was great as well.

I had both because Patricia was booked for my park shoot day and couldn't make it. My sister @Disney_Alli did the same and used Patricia for the wedding day and Beaute for both her park shoot days.

I preferred Lejeune overall but Beaute was great as well.

I had both because Patricia was booked for my park shoot day and couldn't make it. My sister @Disney_Alli did the same and used Patricia for the wedding day and Beaute for both her park shoot days.

So it seems like it worked out nicely for you, that your sister liked that idea and did that as well. For the hair and makeup, did you pick styles out of a portfolio or was it a picture reference you showed them?

Also, if I were to do the minimum for Lejeune, would I pay that or do we all split it, because that is a bit confusing to me.

So it seems like it worked out nicely for you, that your sister liked that idea and did that as well. For the hair and makeup, did you pick styles out of a portfolio or was it a picture reference you showed them?

Also, if I were to do the minimum for Lejeune, would I pay that or do we all split it, because that is a bit confusing to me.
You can pay individually. Patricia also happened to be booked for my sister's park shoot days so she did what I did and booked another company. I brought reference pictures of hair styles I liked and I did a trial a couple days before the wedding. My sister wasn't able to do a trial before the wedding at WDW but she did one with a stylist at home so she had an idea of what she wanted for her hair.

You can pay individually. Patricia also happened to be booked for my sister's park shoot days so she did what I did and booked another company. I brought reference pictures of hair styles I liked and I did a trial a couple days before the wedding. My sister wasn't able to do a trial before the wedding at WDW but she did one with a stylist at home so she had an idea of what she wanted for her hair.

That is really interesting that the same thing happened to your sister, very strange coincidence. I like the idea of bringing my own ideas of what I would like. Did your hair and makeup last all day? Would you say both companies matched the foundation perfectly with your skin tone?

IMG_1351.JPG IMG_1539.JPG
Here's a professional shot and a quick mirror selfie from the wedding day. Both companies matched my makeup perfectly. I finished my hair and makeup around 2pm at the latest and was outside in the humidity until after 11pm for second Fantasmic! my hair and makeup looked exactly the same in the first shot as they did in the last.
Beaute did a great job too. I wasn't as in love with my hair style for my HS shoot but that was my fault entirely- I hate a center part on myself but wasn't paying enough attention when she was working on my hair. The makeup lasted just fine through the shoots and still looked good when I got back to the room. Because I had two park shoots on two different days I had hair and makeup 3 times and all were good experiences.
LeJeune was booked up the two days I could have done a trial so I sent them face shots and hair shots along with inspiration pics ahead of time. I didn't ask about them doing my park shoots because of their minimums.
Beaute I believe I just told them some styles I was looking for and showed the stylist inspiration pics on the day.

View attachment 212147 View attachment 212148
Here's a professional shot and a quick mirror selfie from the wedding day. Both companies matched my makeup perfectly. I finished my hair and makeup around 2pm at the latest and was outside in the humidity until after 11pm for second Fantasmic! my hair and makeup looked exactly the same in the first shot as they did in the last.
Beaute did a great job too. I wasn't as in love with my hair style for my HS shoot but that was my fault entirely- I hate a center part on myself but wasn't paying enough attention when she was working on my hair. The makeup lasted just fine through the shoots and still looked good when I got back to the room. Because I had two park shoots on two different days I had hair and makeup 3 times and all were good experiences.
LeJeune was booked up the two days I could have done a trial so I sent them face shots and hair shots along with inspiration pics ahead of time. I didn't ask about them doing my park shoots because of their minimums.
Beaute I believe I just told them some styles I was looking for and showed the stylist inspiration pics on the day.

May I first just say OH MY GOODNESS YOU LOOK STUNNING!!!! Very beautiful! I love the elegance of your look. I already have somewhat an idea of what I want, and I am trying to find someone I think will be able to help me achieve it. I am leaning more on Beaute, because honestly they are more affordable at the moment, I do not know if I could even meet the minimum for LeJeune, though I must admit I love their styles they posted.

Did anyone do air brush makeup?

I know Allison had airbrush makeup for the wedding but I'm not sure about the park shoots. I think I went with not airbrush for the park shoots as it was more expensive and didn't need to last as long

I know Allison had airbrush makeup for the wedding but I'm not sure about the park shoots. I think I went with not airbrush for the park shoots as it was more expensive and didn't need to last as long

Would you say that air brush did last a lot longer? I typically use a liquid foundation, and then a setting spray. Did you need any touch ups throughout your day with either of the companies? How long would you say it took them to do your hair and makeup? Did they do both at once or one before the other?

My wife and I did an in park photo shoot at WDW this past fall and used professional hair and make up. We used Flawless Faces by Alicia. She and an associate came to our room at like 5 AM to get us ready for the shoot. I have waist length curly hair and my wife has shoulder length super, super, super thick hair.

It took them about an hour and a half to do our hair and makeup. We had air brush make up done. My face tends to run oily and my wife sweat a lot during the shoot (what she gets for wearing a 3 piece suit in Florida outdoors haha!). The total cost was $200/person with an early morning fee of an additional 25% total for starting before 6:30AM for air brush makeup, lashes, and hair. In our searching (because two women for hair and make up is EXPENSIVE), this company was about average for the area as of this fall for what is considered "bridal" makeup.

My hair lasted maybe 30 minutes of the shoot despite being loaded up with all kinds of hair spray. It wasn't pretty. Giant fro ball. My wife's hair fared better, but it was falling out by that evening (bobby pins rarely contain my wife's hair for longer than an hour before the weight of her hair starts pulling them out). My face makeup lasted all day, but one of my false eyelashes fell off by dinner. While my wife's sweating during the shoot caused some of the makeup on her nose to start moving a little, it is not noticeable in pictures at all and her lashes lasted all night.

To put it in perspective, my wedding makeup (air brush and individual lashes) and hair was completely undisturbed and perfect for the length of my wedding day when we were married at Disneyland in California. We even did the castle shoot there and had our hair and makeup redone (non-air brush and strip lashes) for the castle shoot the following morning and our looks lasted almost 20 hours on that day (started at 4 AM and went to bed after 11 PM). So a great make up artist can do magic with the right products. Know your hair and your skin, and be prepared for the monster that is Florida humidity (if you're not already living in a similar climate).

Would you say that air brush did last a lot longer? I typically use a liquid foundation, and then a setting spray. Did you need any touch ups throughout your day with either of the companies? How long would you say it took them to do your hair and makeup? Did they do both at once or one before the other?

I didn't have any touch-ups done. My airbrush makeup from LeJeune lasted all day and looked completely flawless even when we got back to the room almost 11 hours later. My Beaute makeup was standard makeup and in photos I took in the room after the shoot I could tell I was sweating through it a bit but it looks perfectly fine in all my photos from my shoots. I had individual lashes done by LeJeune and they held up GREAT! I wore them the next day before finally washing them off. The strip lashes I had done by Beaute lasted through my shoots but barely stayed through the rest of the day. My hair is as long as @TinkLoverSam's in the photo she posted and my up-dos by both companies lasted fine for the amount of time I wore them but I'm not sure how Beaute's would have held all day as I took it out when we got back to the room. The next day for my MK shoot I wore my hair more down and they did a decent job keeping my curls contained for the length of the shoot (just over an hour) in Florida in August.

I'll try and post a picture or two from both shoots later so you can see those too.

My wife and I did an in park photo shoot at WDW this past fall and used professional hair and make up. We used Flawless Faces by Alicia. She and an associate came to our room at like 5 AM to get us ready for the shoot. I have waist length curly hair and my wife has shoulder length super, super, super thick hair.

It took them about an hour and a half to do our hair and makeup. We had air brush make up done. My face tends to run oily and my wife sweat a lot during the shoot (what she gets for wearing a 3 piece suit in Florida outdoors haha!). The total cost was $200/person with an early morning fee of an additional 25% total for starting before 6:30AM for air brush makeup, lashes, and hair. In our searching (because two women for hair and make up is EXPENSIVE), this company was about average for the area as of this fall for what is considered "bridal" makeup.

My hair lasted maybe 30 minutes of the shoot despite being loaded up with all kinds of hair spray. It wasn't pretty. Giant fro ball. My wife's hair fared better, but it was falling out by that evening (bobby pins rarely contain my wife's hair for longer than an hour before the weight of her hair starts pulling them out). My face makeup lasted all day, but one of my false eyelashes fell off by dinner. While my wife's sweating during the shoot caused some of the makeup on her nose to start moving a little, it is not noticeable in pictures at all and her lashes lasted all night.

To put it in perspective, my wedding makeup (air brush and individual lashes) and hair was completely undisturbed and perfect for the length of my wedding day when we were married at Disneyland in California. We even did the castle shoot there and had our hair and makeup redone (non-air brush and strip lashes) for the castle shoot the following morning and our looks lasted almost 20 hours on that day (started at 4 AM and went to bed after 11 PM). So a great make up artist can do magic with the right products. Know your hair and your skin, and be prepared for the monster that is Florida humidity (if you're not already living in a similar climate).

Wait, you managed to do a park photo in both Disneyland in California and WDW in bridal attire? May I ask how?

Thank you for sharing your story. I really appreciate the details and have mentally taken notes on how to prepare myself. I have discussing the suits for the wedding with my fiance, at least tried to (he said not yet, we have time, we plan to marry in 2018). I want to try a lighter color so not to kill the people wearing the suits/tux. Did your wife find it at all difficult to wear the full suit/tux for longer than an hour? Do you love the park photos even though there were some slight makeup and hair issues?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter