Suggestion on best cooling towels/socks

DisneFamily

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys,
We will be visiting in 4 weeks (8/21). We normally go in April/May, so the heat will be different for us. Looking for your recommendation on best cooling towels and socks for my DS10 to help keep his feet cool and comfortable. TIA

I’m a big fan of the Mission cooling towels. They are super lightweight, easy to rinse out in the evenings, and don’t get stinky. I keep it in a Ziploc in my bag during the day so I can keep it damp. They also come in digi camo so your son might think it’s kinda cool looking.

I highly recommend Smartwool socks for wicking. I know wool in the heat sounds counterintuitive but my DH won’t go without his. Also love the Balega Hidden Comfort style if you like a little squishier sock. Even though they seem thick, if they get wet, they still don’t rub blisters (on us anyway). And for a thinner sock with more compression, highly recommend Swiftwick (made near Nashville—USA made!). I don’t wear the short ones much but I wear the hiker style with my boots and I literally never have to pull those socks up ALL DAY. They really stay out but don’t cut in.

Thats prolly WAY more than you wanted but hope it gives you some ideas!

Same here...I got the mission cooling towel and at least here in Maryland, they work well. I have heard that cooling stuff doesn't do as well in very humid places though. I also bought the Mission cooling hat too. Love it. Sorry, no recommendations on the socks.

I’m a big fan of the Mission cooling towels. They are super lightweight, easy to rinse out in the evenings, and don’t get stinky. I keep it in a Ziploc in my bag during the day so I can keep it damp. They also come in digi camo so your son might think it’s kinda cool looking.

I highly recommend Smartwool socks for wicking. I know wool in the heat sounds counterintuitive but my DH won’t go without his. Also love the Balega Hidden Comfort style if you like a little squishier sock. Even though they seem thick, if they get wet, they still don’t rub blisters (on us anyway). And for a thinner sock with more compression, highly recommend Swiftwick (made near Nashville—USA made!). I don’t wear the short ones much but I wear the hiker style with my boots and I literally never have to pull those socks up ALL DAY. They really stay out but don’t cut in.

I also like the Mission hats. They are light weight and give a nice cooling effect when you get them wet, which is what they are intended to do. :)

OP, you might want to look into some sort of neck fan too. Neck fans have come a long way in the past couple of years and I've seen lots of people wearing them at the parks.

I also tried taking an umbrella with on my last trip and it was awesome! I didn't usually use it while I was walking around, but if I got stuck in a line that was outside, it was a lifesaver!

I know lots of people swear that cooling towels/hats won’t work in Florida, but we swear by them. We go every august (DH is a teacher), so we have tried everything. We love the towels that they sell at Disney. I believe they are CoolMax, but Mission works too. I don’t like Frog Toggs. I hate they way they feel and they get moldy super easily.

We also have rechargeable handheld fans. We stopped carrying around our Disney mister fan because we found the towel with a smaller, much lighter hand fan does the same thing.

I can’t help with socks, because we all wear Teva flip flops.

My new tries this trip are Mission hats and a UV umbrella.

Good luck, stay hydrated and hope for rain/cloudy skies!

I don’t like Frog Toggs. I hate they way they feel and they get moldy super easily.

We also have rechargeable handheld fans. We stopped carrying around our Disney mister fan because we found the towel with a smaller, much lighter hand fan does the same thing.
Totally agree. We got little $5 fans from Walmart.

I agree about the socks. Seems counterintuitive, but wool socks are the way to go. I wore Brooks sneakers and wool/alpaca socks in the parks and my feet were very comfortable, even when the rest of me was melting.

I've worn my smart wool socks with my keen sandals on a combo raft/ hiking trip, no blisters. The tip was in the groups getting ready for your trip material. I was skeptical, but that trip made a believer of me. Wool socks when I hike in hiking boots or hiking sandal from now on. My keens/ wool sock combo is going to be my go to this disney trip. Wet on splash mountain or a rain shower? No problem.

I bought Bombas merino wool socks and love them. Wool sounds hot, but it is a natural material, ultra soft and oh, so comfortable! You can search for a coupon code. Don't let the price scare you as they wash beautifully and last...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter