Sturgis Motorcycle Rally...HUGE Crowds expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can also happen is that he lives on 5 acres in Idaho and won't see another body for weeks... I mean if we are talking about possibilities.

yes lets talk about possibilities, like the possibility that had they stayed on those 5+ acres in the first place, rather than travel to Sturgis... then they might NOT have caught covid at all and thus might NOT have also transmitted it to others...

More Covid cases traced back to Sturgis. Minnesota has confirmed 15 cases, with one person hospitalized. They expect to see more cases.

Even more frightening, South Dakota now says that a tattoo artist is sick. He worked 4 hour shifts from 10am - 2pm for 5 days straight from 8/13-8/17 and could have come in very close, prolonged contact with many people. The tattoo parlor was in the same bar attended by the man who was sick on 8/11.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/21/us/sturgis-motorcyle-rally-sd-covid-nebraska-trnd/index.html

Last edited:
https://www.keloland.com/news/healt...m&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referralhttps://www.keloland.com/news/healthbeat/coronavirus/covid-19-mass-testing-underway-in-sturgis/

This is the local news station for Sturgis. They've had several informative articles on new cases and ramped up asymptomatic Covid testing being done in the Sturgis area this week.

Covid cases in South Dakota are rising.
Are you guys in USA aware of the phrase "close the barn door after the horse has bolted" ?

Last edited:
Maybe they need to take a page from New York (and probably other places) that ordered contact tracers NOT to ask about attending protests when gathering Covid data. The problem will magically disappear!

And I find it disgusting that the media turned a blind eye to obvious Covid spikes after the protests while practically salivating waiting for positive tests after the biker rally. It says a whole lot.

Maybe they need to take a page from New York (and probably other places) that ordered contact tracers NOT to ask about attending protests when gathering Covid data. The problem will magically disappear!

And I find it disgusting that the media turned a blind eye to obvious Covid spikes after the protests while practically salivating waiting for positive tests after the biker rally. It says a whole lot.

I just hate it when media turn a blind eye by writing all about it. A quick google turned up tons of articles on that very subject from such media outlets as
ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, Fox, NPR, Reuters, CNN, Forbes, and several others.

I just hate it when media turn a blind eye by writing all about it. A quick google turned up tons of articles on that very subject from such media outlets as
ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, Fox, NPR, Reuters, CNN, Forbes, and several others.

Interesting, I just did a search and every single article that showed up on the page said the protests did not contribute to a Covid spike. There was not one article that even said it was a possibility that the protests caused a spike.

Several articles said the data is sparse. Hmmmm....why could that be? 🤔

I’m just sick and tired of the hypocrisy and so are many other people. It’s perfectly fine to protest and loot and riot and create mayhem and destruction in large groups but don’t you dare....sing in church? Seriously?

Same goes for the bikers. Somehow their mass gathering is bad. I guess too much property stayed intact.

These posts surprise me. I saw lots of news reports looking for evidence of COVID increases from demonstrations. After the first 3 days when we were already at a huge spike here and there was not testing available to check for correlations, all of the demonstrations around here have been pretty much fully masked. They think that's why they're having trouble finding correlating data. Not everything is a conspiracy.

These posts surprise me. I saw lots of news reports looking for evidence of COVID increases from demonstrations. After the first 3 days when we were already at a huge spike here and there was not testing available to check for correlations, all of the demonstrations around here have been pretty much fully masked. They think that's why they're having trouble finding correlating data. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Where are the warnings that the protests, etc (big etc) are not safe and a very real threat in the spreading of Covid? You know, the same warning any other group gets?

Where is the scolding and treating the protesters like dirty little kids for gathering en masse and risking transmission of potentially fatal disease? You know, the scolding and finger wagging the bikers got?

I’m just sick and tired of the hypocrisy and so are many other people. It’s perfectly fine to protest and loot and riot and create mayhem and destruction in large groups but don’t you dare....sing in church? Seriously?

Same goes for the bikers. Somehow their mass gathering is bad. I guess too much property stayed intact.
Did you read the last news article? 81 people who were at Sturgis are verified to have COVID. That’s up from ONE a couple days ago. There are sure to be more. Two-thirds of the people who live in the Sturgis area are being tested because they are terrified that they may have gotten sick from a biker. That is what the thread is about. Not singing in church or protests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter