Study Abroad

Megster

Mouseketeer<br><font color="red">Missed all the go
I'm looking into studying abroad, either in London or Ireland. Has anyone ever done studied here or anywere abroad. I'm looking for advice and suggestions on when is the best time to go, what you got out of it, etc.

I can't help you yet, but I will be studying in London from August-December this year. If you want I can try and answer any questions in a few months or so! As far as the best time to go - do you mean weather wise or timing wise as far as what year in school? My boyfriend is English and says the weather is horrible all of the time ;) , but having been there in December, Janaury, and March before, I would say March was definitely the nicest. Based on my experiences in London in the past, I absolutely love it, but it can be SO expensive. Of course, I am not letting that stop me ;) , but I realize I am going to have to work a lot this summer as well as when I get back in order to enjoy myself while there.

SoonerKate brought my attention to this thread. :)

i did study abroad in London through syracuse university, although i was not a syracuse university student at the time. i did their politics and media program, but you can do a lot of other things there as well. it was the best time of my life. i loved the other people in my program! after the first week you have to find your own housing (the university helps you - we had no problem) and 12 of us (6 guys and 6 girls) rented out two levels of a flat together. it was great because you always had someone to do something with. we all travelled a lot together as well.

syracuse has a great building in london right in notting hill. that's where our classes were. we also had the opportunity to have internships in london related to our field of study which was really awesome.

i was in london from april-september - it was a great time -- the weather was relatively nice.

living in london is very expensive.

i'm happy to answer any other questions, though i went in 1998, so my advice may be a bit dated.

Well, I'm heading to Bath soon so I'll be able to let you know soon. What I'm hearing from people who've returned is that it's expensive but worth the experience. As an English major, I felt it was something I needed to do, go study Shakespeare in his own land so to speak. Everyone I've talked to though says it's the best time of your life and you won't want to come back. Bath's only an hour and half from London by train so they spent a lot of time in London as well. Learn how to use the tube really well seemed to be the main advice. Hope you decide to go - it was always in my plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter