Studios to epcot

CAL

Earning My Ears
Our trip is the first week of January, '11. Need expert opinon/advice. Do you think it is possible to get out of the 6:30 showing of Fantasmic at the Studios and and get to Epcot for Illuminations at 9:00?

If possible, is it practical?

What about travel between the parks?

Where does the boat drop you off at Epcot?

Seems like I read somewhere that there a bus between Studios and Epcot? If so, would it be running at that time?

I guess walking is an option - how far is that, how long would that take? We wouldn't be able to speed walk :)

Appreciate all ideas.

I'd say it's possible if you drive, and maybe if you walk. Someone else can tell you how long the walk is, but it's do-able.

If you use Disney transportation, though, maybe not. I think a 6:30 Fantasmic will be done by 7 -- but you'll be fighting the crowds to take Disney transportation, no matter what form of transportation you use.

If you could catch the first boat from DHS after Fantasmic, I would think you should have no problem, even with it making stops at S/D, YC & BW
I'd say the walk would be about 45 min at a leisurely rate. The boat ride about 30 min.

Just for reference we've made it from inside the Magic Kingdom park to DHS while getting stuck on the tram for about 10 mins to see Fantasmic in roughly 30 mins with our rental car.

Yes, it's doable...if you walk. You can walk from DHS to the International Gateway entrance of Epcot in 30 minutes or less. If you take the boat to Epcot, you may be waiting that long just to get on a boat once Fantasmic ends!

Walking would get you there fastest. Depending on how fast you walk it would be from 20 - 30 min. As you exit the Studios go to the right around the waterway and you will see the entrance to the walkway there. When you get to the Boardwalk you can save a few minutes by cutting through the slide pool area go under the arched walkway and you will be back out by the Boardwalk. Keep going past ESPN Club and when you get to the top of the small hill go to the right and the International Gateway entrance will be right there. You will enter by England so you can start looking for your Illuminations spot right away.

Here's both methods.
The boat is surely the most relaxing. After a day of walking in the park might be a nice to sit for a while, and arrive at EPCOT a bit rested.

dhs.jpg

I think you'd be fine just riding the boat after Fantasmic over to EPCOT. You'd have plenty of time, if all you're after is to see Illuminations.

Yes, the boat takes longer than walking, but that is a long, tiring walk! At the end of the day, we appreciate every chance we can get to sit instead of walking more.

The boat will drop you off the Intl. Gateway entrance to EPCOT, which is an easy walk to a bunch of good places to watch Illuminations on the edge of the lake.

The problem in taking the boat from DHS is that there may be a ton of people waiting.

We have walked many times from the Studios to one of the Epcot resorts in about 15-20 minutes. It would only take a few minutes more to walk to the Epcot International Gateway. Also, since they would be walking after sunset it's not a bad walk at all. We have walked many times during the day and then it is a very hard walk with the sun beating down on you.

If the boat is waiting and there is no crowd then go for it. Otherwise just walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter