Stowaways onboard the 2016 EBPC - TR update 11/4, p.24

All caught up here - thanks for posting on a regular basis - it looks like I did not take enough notes and now I can always "copy" from you. :rotfl2:

And btw - since the cat is out of the bag about our 2018 cruise - here's something Tom made for all of us ..........

logo2018%201_zpstu8wn99w.jpg

All caught up here - thanks for posting on a regular basis - it looks like I did not take enough notes and now I can always "copy" from you. :rotfl2:

And btw - since the cat is out of the bag about our 2018 cruise - here's something Tom made for all of us ..........

logo2018%201_zpstu8wn99w.jpg

I LOVE it!!!!! Thank you Thomas!!!!!

I'm two weeks behind updating, its been terrible at work. More patients than we've ever had, ever.

I'm sure we could fit more people at the table! :teeth:

Michael will not let me travel to Florida in August. He himself tries to escape the state during that time because he hates the humidity (yes, he lives in the wrong state). And maybe we can all meet up for a TA in 2019! :goodvibes

Michael will not let me travel to Florida in August. He himself tries to escape the state during that time because he hates the humidity (yes, he lives in the wrong state). And maybe we can all meet up for a TA in 2019! :goodvibes

I'll be booking that TA in 2019!

I understand about the humidity. Maryland is brutal so I'm used to it. Just let me be near the water and life is good.

I am kind of jealous... :rolleyes1 Sounds like an amazing group for that cruise!

I'm sure we could fit more people at the table! :teeth:

We would lI've to have you join us!

I'm somewhat wondering what I'm doing coming to FL that time if year, but I'm hoping the company and AC will make up for the heat and humidity!

I LOVE it!!!!! Thank you Thomas!!!!!

I'm two weeks behind updating, its been terrible at work. More patients than we've ever had, ever.

That's OK. I'm barely keeping afloat!

I'll be booking that TA in 2019!

You haven't been notified yet, but we were hoping to get you on a Mexican Riviera cruise with Jenny's Family and Jill in 2019.....

We would lI've to have you join us!

::yes::

I'm somewhat wondering what I'm doing coming to FL that time if year, but I'm hoping the company and AC will make up for the heat and humidity!

Of course it will!!! :hug: so looking forward to this, I can't express the excitement! :hyper:

That's OK. I'm barely keeping afloat!

I hope I can get another day posted this weekend.

You haven't been notified yet, but we were hoping to get you on a Mexican Riviera cruise with Jenny's Family and Jill in 2019.....

Really :hyper: when are you planning this???

Last edited:
Day 7, Sea Day

Today was another glorious day at sea, and a lazy one for us. I didn’t write down when we woke up, but at 10:30 I took laundry down to start. There were several ladies in there hovering. I didn’t have to wait too long to put my laundry in a washer, but the hovering ladies were too annoying. They were like the laundry patrol. Back to the room I found mom watching The Hunchback of Notre Dame, I never really liked that one, it always made me sad/upset how they treated Quasimodo. I took a shower and got ready, then went to check on my laundry. Mom came with me and I’m glad she did. The place was pandemonium! People squished inside, people waiting in the hallway, it was so hot from all the machines going and all the people in there. Apparently I got a little testy with someone who was waiting and mom checked me on it. I didn’t think I was testy but the gentleman I was talking to apparently had a very surprised look on his face. All I had said was that I was going to use the washer that I was taking my clothes out of. Perhaps that was against laundry etiquette. Well in the end we took our wet clothes and hung them in the room. I think somebody suggested we try again at night, it’s usually empty at night, and mom thought that was an excellent idea. We would test it out later.

I forgot to say that last night mom had asked our head server if we could have rice crispy treats that they gave out at the CC reception since we had missed it. It was a long shot but why not ask. When we were back in the room we had an unexpected knock on the door and a kindly CM presented us with these beauties.

They went back home for my brother and sister in law who were taking care of the boys for me. I absolutely LOVE rice crispy treats but have to make them myself because the rice crispy puffs they use are made with malt and that will trigger an allergy reaction for me.

Then up to find some lunch, it was quite late by this time. We stopped at the Cove Café to get mom a croissant. Those croissants are so much better than the ones they have in BBB. We happened upon Minnie in her adorable beach outfit and had to stop!

Mom wouldn’t let go of her croissant

We were on cloud 9 when we left Minnie! Each and every character interaction this trip was so special, they really went above and beyond.

Then it was really time for some lunch and to BBB we went. We sat outside in the back, it was a gorgeous day.

Mom’s plates

I think this was coconut rice pudding with raspberry sauce, she said it was divine!

My plates

And desserts, mom had more of the rice pudding it was that good

Lunch was so yummy all around. We were fit to burst afterwards and slowly made our way to the ice carving demonstration at 1:15 I think it started.

Jamesy was one of our entertainment CMs and he was a riot. Always happy and full of energy, I hope we see him on future cruises.

I had a perfect view until this person decided to squat right in front of me.

It was so cool to watch and they made it look so easy.

Hercules started on the Funnel Vision right after so we stayed and watched for a bit.

I had the drink of the day, the Minnie Mango Pango, it was so good.

We left Hercules mid movie because they were having a Pixar Pals Party in the atrium.

We got there just as it was starting and stayed upstairs to watch. In hindsight we should have gone below. Next time.

Remy showed his cute face

As well as Emile

Each character or set of characters had a different song to dance to, it was great fun!

I don’t quite understand why Joy was on her own but she was

Characters would come out so fast I couldn’t get them all

The party was so much fun!!!

We headed back to the room for a break and found our chocolates from the chocolate hunt.

Then back up to Deck 9 for some sun. We didn’t stay too long, we wanted to watch some of the Captain Puckett presentations on the strange loop channel. They were on the first presentation when we were down in the room so figured if we went up to the sun for 20-30 minutes we’d catch the second one. Well, when went back down to the room the third episode was on and we were completely lost… We watched two episodes and drifted on and off to sleep. It was nice and cool in the room and the presentations weren’t too interesting and I just couldn’t keep my eyes open. :laughing: We tried, really we did.

Down to the Walt Disney Theater at 6:15 for the show of the evening, a Beatles Tribute Band. They were fabulous!!!

After the show we wandered around the Promenade Deck, it was very windy and looked like a storm was coming.

After our little walk we went back to the room to get ready for dinner. Where we found the cutest lounging pig towel animal.

Dinner tonight was in Animator’s Palate. On the way to our table we stopped and talked to Karin and Tom who invited us for a drink at the Promenade Lounge after dinner. Absolutely!

One of our tablemates was not feeling well but we had a lovely dinner with the two remaining ones.

Mom started with the truffle pursiettes, she loved them. These are hit or miss for her, sometimes they’re too salty but today they were just right.

I had the tomato tarte on gluten free crust, so good!

Mom had a regular tomato tarte

As well as a beet salad with goat cheese

She put balsamic vinegar on hers

And I had one with olive oil

For my entrée I had just requested gluten free pasta with cheese sauce, it was really good

For dessert mom had her usual

And I had the gluten free cake with walnut crust. Now I shouldn’t have because I don’t like walnuts, I won’t have this again.

I can never get a good picture of this restaurant, and I love how it lights up.

We went and found Karin and Tom and had a lovely chat for a little over an hour I think. I don’t remember when but mom and I had suggested we all go to Palo together and they invited us to join them on Pirate Night since they already had a reservation. Excellent! It was a good thing we talked about Pirate Night too because I thought it was on Cartagena night and it wasn’t. I had things switched around in my mind. I think the only reason we said goodnight is because mom was starting to get sleepy.

Off to the room through Deck 3

I have not looked to see what changes they made to this area, but I loved it like this

Back to the room mom fell straight asleep but I still had energy left. Enough so that I went and did the rest of the laundry, and yes, the place was empty. Excellent idea! I watched most of Iron Man 3 while waiting for the laundry to be done and finally went to sleep around 2:15am. Another fabulous day of vacation.

Great update!

I had some unpleasant run ins with the laundry room police as well... and have now discovered that nights are best to avoid those people. Another good time is during dinner.

The characters were so wonderful on our cruise, too. The best part was that they seemed to remember us and you would continue the same jokes from before.

That tomato taste looks better on the gluten free crust. I don't like that appetizer, but your version looks really tasty!

Sounds like a good day so far. Fortunately I have not encountered any laundry police as of yet. I love the tomato tart and the truffle pursettes! I usually make that my meal.

I've never gone to one of those "parties", if we get on this cruise, perhaps I will stake out one of the parties to get character photos.

Must get the house cleaned up!

Great update!

Thank you :)

I had some unpleasant run ins with the laundry room police as well... and have now discovered that nights are best to avoid those people. Another good time is during dinner.

It was just so bizarre!

Good point about dinner, I'll have to remember that.

The characters were so wonderful on our cruise, too. The best part was that they seemed to remember us and you would continue the same jokes from before.

They definitely did, it was very fun. I'm not a big character person at the parks but on the cruises I really enjoy them.

That tomato taste looks better on the gluten free crust. I don't like that appetizer, but your version looks really tasty!

It was so good! They made it for me several other times.

Sounds like a good day so far.

It really was. But then again there were no bad days.

Fortunately I have not encountered any laundry police as of yet.

I hope to never encounter them again :laughing:

I love the tomato tart and the truffle pursettes! I usually make that my meal.

So yummy!!! popcorn::

I've never gone to one of those "parties", if we get on this cruise, perhaps I will stake out one of the parties to get character photos.

They're not long, and always very fun. I think only 30-45 minutes. Fun music and dancing, and always great to see the characters.

Must get the house cleaned up!

I have full confidence in you!

What a great update!

It felt like we were there with you - ups - yes, we were. :rotfl2:

Tom and I were doing our laundry around midnight - nice and empty and most of the washers and dryers were not in use.

Yeah, that was fun when we spent the evening chatting away at the Promenade Lounge. And we used to have Captain Puckett on as well, we never heard his presentation in the correct order, but we caught it all. :thumbsup2

What a great update!

Thank you! :)

It felt like we were there with you - ups - yes, we were. :rotfl2:

Too fun!!! :teeth:

Tom and I were doing our laundry around midnight - nice and empty and most of the washers and dryers were not in use.

I will be doing this in the future, it was much more convenient.

Yeah, that was fun when we spent the evening chatting away at the Promenade Lounge. And we used to have Captain Puckett on as well, we never heard his presentation in the correct order, but we caught it all. :thumbsup2

That was a great idea for an after dinner chat! Even better when they became during dinner chats :goodvibes

We appreciated those presentations much more after going through the PC. I just couldn't put them in context.

Great updates! I love reading about other people's experiences! It helps the countdown go by quicker until we are onboard again. Can't wait to do a Panama Canal cruise, aiming for 2019!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter