Stowaways onboard the 2016 EBPC - TR update 11/4, p.24

And I just booked a Grand Villa at SSR for the weekend after the cruise! (for those of us not doing the B2B)

:jumping1: party: :jumping1: party: :jumping1: party: :jumping1:

Tom has already checked his recipes ...........

needless to say that we

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS VACATION TO COME AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I booked my flights (had air miles to spend and it gives me something to hold on to until it is time)

I have no clue what program to use for photos so as of now TRs are on hold for me. But it was such an awesome vacation, totally different than any other.

I have been using Flickr since 2013 and this works great.

Corinna

I now use smugmug and am pretty happy with them. They are more expensive than photobucket, but by FAR not what photobucket wants. They also give you a two week trial period, that's what won me over once I had figured out how to work it. LOL

I will look into this, thank you :)

:jumping1: party: :jumping1: party: :jumping1: party: :jumping1:

Tom has already checked his recipes ...........

needless to say that we

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS VACATION TO COME AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I booked my flights (had air miles to spend and it gives me something to hold on to until it is time)

Awesome about the flights!!!!

326 days to the cruise :hyper:

Hello everybody :wave2:

I’m more than a little chagrined to see its almost been 3 months since my last update. I have a 3 day weekend coming up so hopefully will be able to wrap this up.

But in other exciting news, today I booked a cruise for February 2019 to take my DB and SiL. :cool1: I have very impatiently been waiting for DCL to release them and today was the first day the general public could book the new itineraries. Since my DB and SiL have never sailed before I had to wait for today. After 65 minutes on hold I was through but it took another 40 minutes to book everything. Whew! I should count myself lucky because apparently yesterday had a 4 hour wait time... Itineraries are considerably more expensive than I’ve ever seen them and for a while I was worried I wouldn’t be able to afford it. But finally stumbled upon some short cruises on the Wonder leaving out of Port Canaveral. Three days is much too short, I would have settled for a 5 night but they are only out of Miami and I didn’t fancy a 4 1/2 hour drive the day of, and have learned from a prior trip that hotels are out of my budget, especially paying for two rooms. So we are doing a B2B on the Wonder, February 7-14 :cool1:

But in other exciting news, today I booked a cruise for February 2019 to take my DB and SiL. :cool1:

How exciting! I thought about taking a look at itineraries, but since we're really short on cash right now, it will have to wait. Now counting down the days until our cruise next summer!

How exciting! I thought about taking a look at itineraries, but since we're really short on cash right now, it will have to wait. Now counting down the days until our cruise next summer!

Its going to take me doing more than a little overtime but it will be worth it to have the time with family. I know they’re going to love it!

293 days to go :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I am attempting to try Flckr to finish this TR. It has taken nearly two hours and I am almost ready to give up if this doesn’t work.

Day 14: Cozumel

Today we planned to go to Chankanaab with Kimberly and David. We were to meet at the Ariel statue at 9am so needed to get up a little earlier than usual to get some breakfast. Mom woke up at 7 and I waited until 7:30 when she was done with the shower. We had plenty of time to enjoy a nice breakfast and headed up to BBB.

Mom had some yogurt

And some fruit and French toast

But sadly her made to order omelet was undercooked and she couldn’t eat it

I had a not so big breakfast of fruit and potatoes

And scrumptious gluten free donuts

Then quick back to the room to collect mom’s phone that was charging so she could take photos, and then down to deck 3 to meet up with Kimberly and David. We met Kimberly on the way and she was going to get something so I had time to get some change at Guest Services. Kimberly was kind enough to share this awesome photo with me, we had just missed all the characters in their Mexican outfits. Aren’t they adorable!!!

Then we were off to find a taxi to Chankanaab. They are very conveniently next to the pier but you still have to go through all the shops and down to street level.

We easily found the taxis and squeezed into one for a 15 minute drive to Chankanaab. Our driver was very nice but tried to convince us to go to another beach, but we were firm with our decision and quickly delivered to our destination.

It was quite affordable to get in, $21 entrance fee just to use the beach, including beach chairs and hammocks. I paid an extra $5 to get a souvenir t-shirt and ‘authentic Mexican artifact’.

A little bit of a walk to the beach area but not far at all. It was gorgeous and we were so glad we decided to go.

Mom caught a picture of me enjoying the water

Last edited:
Mom went exploring a little

These loungers were super comfy

I have no idea where mom found this beautiful sculpture

She was entranced with this iguana

After we had our fill of the gorgeous water we all decided some food was in order. They had a restaurant there and while the prices were not the cheapest it was lovely to eat off the ship after so many days.

We both had an icy cold Coke

And shared guacamole, nachos, and a quesadilla. It was way too much food but we gobbled up almost every crumb. I had asked for no beans on our nachos but they messed up and put them on. I scraped them off and still enjoyed them.

All too soon it was time to start heading back to the ship with a comfortable amount of time so we headed out after settling the bill. We stopped at the shop on the way out and I think Kimberly and David got a Christmas ornament. Chime in if you’re out there Kimberly. I did collect my ‘authentic Mexican artifact’ which ended up being a clay pot. My t-shirt has what looks very much like a marijuana leaf on it… I have not worn it yet.

We had a nice big van on the way back, taxis were waiting outside Chankanaab which was awesome. Mom and I needed to pick something up for a friend at the pharmacy so went directly to the shops at the pier. We separated from Kimberly and David but saw them very shortly after on the way back to the ship.

The first pharmacy we checked was no longer there. Panic! Mom remembered seeing another one so we backtracked and went there but they were completely out of what we were looking for. Back downstairs to another pharmacy and thank the heavens they had what we were looking for and the exact amount of what we needed. WHEW! I took a picture of the final place I was so glad we were successful in our mission.

By then it was time we got back on the ship pronto so headed that way, which is where we caught up with Kimberly and David again.

We gave this guy a couple dollars because mom just had to have her photo taken. I think they turned out good.

Passes scanned and we were on the way to the ship

The water was so gorgeous right at the dock

Last edited:
Love the update!

This looks like quite the nice excursion. Maybe we should have come with you, as I think we didn't do much this day. I am not a huge fan of Cozumel .........

Unfortunately the last few photos don't show up for me ...... If I follow the link it will take me to your account, but not the photo.

Love the update!

Thank you! it was a struggle that's for sure. Almost 4 hours later with internet slowness and problems figuring out the new site.

This looks like quite the nice excursion. Maybe we should have come with you, as I think we didn't do much this day. I am not a huge fan of Cozumel .........

We would have loved to have you with us! If there's a next time we're all in Cozumel we should definitely do this, it was such a lovely place. The water was glorious.

Unfortunately the last few photos don't show up for me ...... If I follow the link it will take me to your account, but not the photo.

Hopefully they're showing up now, I had to tweak some things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter