Stowaways onboard the 2016 EBPC - TR update 11/4, p.24

Oh, and I loved the birthday update! LOVE to see all the photos - gets me so excited. 142 days and we will be back to WDW too!

That's coming up real quick! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I'm going to get mom a flight down here the 24th. If you don't have plans can we come find you at WDW?

Great birthday update. Nice to see they had so many options for you. Gluten free corn bread is great since white flour is not that important to a good one. I'm sure they put bacon in the beans or at least ham hocks.

So envious of your cruise with Karin and Tom. I'd love if we could join you but alas, still not able to plan trips. I'll have to suffice with working on yours for September!

It was thanks to your and Fran's fun time at HDDR that prompted me to go. I'm so glad we did!

Are you anywhere close to finishing the moving out? We've got to get you planning again!

I'm so excited about September. The Alaska cruise I don't know what to expect so at the moment I'm more excited to show mom DL. I know she's going to love it!!! You have a band event the week after we're there I think? Our dates are September 15-21.

Love the update. Starberry what a cute name for a horse. How funny lying on the floor full and content. How it warms my heart to know they are treated so nicely. Baths every day. Wonderful.

The restaurant looks fun. Nothing like a bit of slap stick! Not offensive or crude. The food looks good. I like corn bread we are corn bread shy in the UK. I am thrilled they did gluten free.

Shame Mum did not like her sauce. But salad looks good. As does Mom's dessert! Sorry your cookie was as dry as the ground the horses were rolling in...

Love the photos of you and Mom.

Great news on your Fantasy cruise with Karin and Tom. I am delighted for you. TA 2019 will be great. It's good to have things in the pipeline.

Those horses are so gorgeous. You know how much I love horses. I just wish I could pet them.

The meal and show was so great. I forgot to say the portobello mushrooms were grilled perfectly, it was the button mushrooms that were marinated. She would have been content with just portobello, and that's what she asked for.

Absolutely, there's always got to be another vacation in the pipeline :teeth:

The HDDR is a fantastic place to celebrate a birthday!! And the food is delicious. I loved the fried chicken (I know, neither vegetarian nor gluten free, but really good). We visited FW a few times when we stayed at VWL in December and I really loved exploring there, such a peaceful atmosphere.

Great news on the cruise with Karin! And hopefully the 2019 will have better itineraries for you anyway! We are still undecided and might end up pushing our plans for a TA into 2019 as well. I feel like I need to do some travel that is not Disney in 2018, especially I want to visit the UK before it becomes a huge hassle for us Europeans to go there (if it does, but currently no one knows what the consequences of Brexit are going to be, but we now know that March 29, 2019 is the end date for EU membership of the UK).

I've heard the fried chicken is excellent. One gluten free review I read said they brought her gluten free chicken tenders. I used to eat chicken and those were one of my favorite things. So yummy!

Oh my about the travel hassles that might happen in 2019. I understand about non-Disney plans, mine seem to always center around Disney one way or another. I love it. A UK trip sounds fabulous! Maybe we'll see each other in 2019!

Loved your birthday update!!!!!!!

Keep us posted for your TA plans. We may be very interested in 2019!!!

That was such a fun day! :)

Definitely will post whenever 2019 is booked. Curses on DCL for making us wait so long for new itineraries :laughing:

I LOVE the horse pictures -- my favorite creature next to a dog!!! Do they just let you go there to see them, or do you have to book a riding session?

They do have riding lessens but you don't have to have one. The area with the smaller horses had hours, I think until 5pm, and you could walk around them. The big horses are in a barn and you can walk in and be right next to them. My hands just itch not being able to pet them and being so close. I highly recommend going over to FW and just enjoying.

They do have riding lessens but you don't have to have one. The area with the smaller horses had hours, I think until 5pm, and you could walk around them. The big horses are in a barn and you can walk in and be right next to them. My hands just itch not being able to pet them and being so close. I highly recommend going over to FW and just enjoying.

So I am guessing they don't allow you to pet any of them? That would be a hard one!

Day 6, Sea Day

We woke up quite late this morning. I had ordered breakfast the night before, the only time I did this cruise, and we were to be at BBB at 10am. Mom had asked to snooze so we did for an hour. We watched the cute morning show they did each day with the cruise directors. It was really good and we enjoyed watching it most mornings.

We got to BBB about 10:20, and found our headserver who brought me my special breakfast that I ordered. A little history to this is required. Our last cruise had been on the Fantasy and I only discovered the gluten free pancakes the very last morning. They were fabulous but very small and thin, almost like a crepe. So for this morning I asked for several pancakes, looking forward to the same yummy pancakes. What was delivered was cardboard tasting giant things. And a monstrous portion like I requested…

They also made me special non-fried potatoes. Another monstrous portion. These were at least tasty. I did not eat them all of course, a family of four would have had difficulty.

I put some cheese on them

Mom had an omelet

Some fruit, and French toast which she said was excellent!

I also had some fruit

And it looks like I also had an omelet because the pancakes were so terrible

I tried to get rid of the evidence of the non-eaten pancakes and put them in a trash can only to have mom call out in a panic, that’s the napkin can! I fished them out and put them in the real trash…

After breakfast we went and staked out a view to watch Oaken’s Maypole, a fun Frozen event. Today was the special Frozen party and they had it Frozen themed all day.

The dance was to start at 12:30 and they had Monster’s Inc. on the funnel vision until then.

After the cute dance they showed Frozen on the Funnel Vision. Well of course we had to watch. The wind was ferocious and we went down to Deck 9 after a bit, continuing to watch Frozen. Mom got us some fries while we watched.

The wind was so intense we had to grip the plate lest it fly away!

After the movie we saw Stich was out at the Gazebo so hustled over and jumped in line

They were setting up for the Castaway Club Reception and taking tables and chairs from everybody anyway, it was very strange because the reception wasn’t due to happen for several hours. We headed downstairs to try and find one of the chocolate clues of the day, and they had the Atrium all decorated for Frozen day.

Then down to Deck 4 to try and book a placeholder but there was quite a line so we would wait for later. We encountered a husband and wife that were also waiting and while the wife was very pleasant to talk to the husband was terribly grumpy. How can one be grumpy on a cruise??? Literally everything he said was negative.

We found some more clues at Guest Services

And Preludes

This is the letter we received

And the back we had to fill out

We ended up on the Promenade Deck and relaxed on the loungers and read, and I’m pretty sure this is where we were when they had the CC Reception because we missed it. It was so relaxing we couldn’t bear to leave. Mom ended up falling asleep and I went to try and book a placeholder again. The system was down but I did get a paper to fill out and was told to put it in the box the last night of the cruise so it could be good for the longest amount of time. When I got back mom was awake again

At 5:30 I went in search of a salad and mom came with me and we both had more fries. Those are really good fries!

The show of the evening was Jamie Michael Stewart, well known for singing The Love Boat. He was fantastic! There weren’t too many people there, it was almost like our own personal concert.

Back up in the room to get ready for dinner and we put on the Captain Puckett channel.

Looks like we walked outside before dinner

We were back in Tritons tonight and unfortunately our regular tablemates were there. They were actually quite pleasant and the gentleman was only drinking water. It was the special Frozen menu, I should have gotten a photo of it, sorry.

Mom started with a gruyere and onion quiche, and it was so good she had two of them

I had a very strangely worded appetizer that was supposed to be cream and cranberries but came with a huge portion of smoked salmon. The wording did not described what was brought.

Mom had a beet salad

Looks like I had a naked beet salad and Jose our wonderful server brought extra beets out

I had salmon for my entrée which was quite yummy.

Mom had her usual Mickey bar

And I had vanilla icecream with strawberry sauce

At 9:45 we headed up to the Freezing the Night Away Frozen themed party. It had music and dancing just like the Pirate Party, it was cute. Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff made an appearance. I was disappointed that Olaf wasn’t there, but I was told I missed seeing him out and about around the ship. Sven and Olaf were on the screen. They did sing-a-longs to Olaf’s Summer song, and Let it Go. It was fun. They gave us light up snowflake necklaces that I forgot to take photos of.

The CMs were much too warmly dressed

We skipped an adult only thing they were doing in the Quiet Cove and went to see the Jungle Book in 3D. That was a totally spontaneous decision and we both enjoyed it a lot.

Back to the room at 12:46am and we fell asleep with Lilo and Stich on TV. I did NOT pre-order breakfast again.

We had a caterpillar towel animal?

I'm sitting here looking at all of your yummy food (french fries! salmon! ice cream!) while I eat my... breakfast oatmeal. lol!

Was your mom wearing a Stitch shirt to meet Stitch?? It's always fun to pull that off--I've only done it by accident :P

I love the fact that there are so many movies to see on board! Watching movies and lounging by the pool are basically my two favorite activities. DBF and I are looking at cruises and I sooo want to go on DCL. I can literally picture myself watching BATB while lounging by the pool with a margarita and french fries :rotfl2:popcorn:::boat:

Oh my re the pancake mix up at BBB! Glad the bucket of potatoes were ok.

How fun a Frozen themed day. Nice chocolate hunt game today!

What lovely photos of you, Mom and the blue alien.

Grumpy on a cruise how can this be?

Dinner looks good. Glad your table buddies were ok.

Fun party. Shame about Olaf.

Yeah Jungle book! What a strange towel animal! Cool though. Great update Pam.

I'm sitting here looking at all of your yummy food (french fries! salmon! ice cream!) while I eat my... breakfast oatmeal. lol!

All too often I read a TR with tons of yummy food and I haven't eaten the whole day. I don't usually eat breakfast and like to jump on here when I'm at work.

Was your mom wearing a Stitch shirt to meet Stitch?? It's always fun to pull that off--I've only done it by accident :P

It was totally by accident :teeth:

I love the fact that there are so many movies to see on board! Watching movies and lounging by the pool are basically my two favorite activities. DBF and I are looking at cruises and I sooo want to go on DCL. I can literally picture myself watching BATB while lounging by the pool with a margarita and french fries :rotfl2:popcorn:::boat:

There are movie everywhere! Movies in the movie theater all day, movies on the Funnel Vision out by the pool, and always movies in your room. Oh you MUST try DCL!!!!!

Oh my re the pancake mix up at BBB! Glad the bucket of potatoes were ok.

I don't even know why they'd make pancakes that taste like that, how could they get through the taste testing?

How fun a Frozen themed day. Nice chocolate hunt game today!

It was a fun day, the Frozen theme was really cute, and we enjoyed the chocolate game.

What lovely photos of you, Mom and the blue alien.

Thank you :) we were being silly.

Grumpy on a cruise how can this be?

It is a very confusing thing that's for sure!

Dinner looks good. Glad your table buddies were ok.

They were ok this night.

Fun party. Shame about Olaf.

It was my fault for not noticing him on the navigator.

Yeah Jungle book! What a strange towel animal! Cool though. Great update Pam.

That was a great movie!

Thank you :)

For some reason I am not getting notifications for some threads including this one so I have only just found this.

Multi-quote is also not working properly for me for some reason. Your birthday treat looked amazing. How neat to get meet the horse from the headless horseman.

Congratulations on getting the next cruise booked.

They were fabulous but very small and thin, almost like a crepe. So for this morning I asked for several pancakes, looking forward to the same yummy pancakes. What was delivered was cardboard tasting giant things. And a monstrous portion like I requested…

What a disappointment. They sound horrible.

Today was the special Frozen party and they had it Frozen themed all day.

Oh, I would have loved this.

After the movie we saw Stich was out at the Gazebo so hustled over and jumped in line

Yeah, Stitch.

How lovely that your mum was wearing her Stitch top.

How can one be grumpy on a cruise???

You would be surprised. We have encountered more than our fair share of grumpy cruisers.

The show of the evening was Jamie Michael Stewart, well known for singing The Love Boat. He was fantastic! There weren’t too many people there, it was almost like our own personal concert.

What a shame that not more people did attend.

I was disappointed that Olaf wasn’t there, but I was told I missed seeing him out and about around the ship.

I would have been disappointed, too.

Corinna

Are you anywhere close to finishing the moving out? We've got to get you planning again!

So far behind on the DIS! I did an IRL update before the weekend, we are closer, but still not done.

I'm so excited about September. The Alaska cruise I don't know what to expect so at the moment I'm more excited to show mom DL.

I don't remember what you are doing for getting to the cruise line. Didn't you book an airbnb? The Alaskan Cruise is so great!

I know she's going to love it!!! You have a band event the week after we're there I think? Our dates are September 15-21.

Our band event is over Labor Day weekend, we'll be back long before you arrive. I'll look at a calendar and send you an email.

because the pancakes were so terrible

That's a bummer!

You guys really relax and just take it easy. I'm usually booking us into brunch, drink tastings....

There weren’t too many people there, it was almost like our own personal concert.

Then again we rarely make it to the shows....

That was a lot of beets and salmon there in your meal. :crazy2:

At 9:45 we headed up to the Freezing the Night Away Frozen themed party.

And we rarely make the dance parties....

Back to the room at 12:46am and we fell asleep with Lilo and Stich on TV. I did NOT pre-order breakfast again.

And we can never stay up that late! :laughing:

I hope if we ever cruise together we can find times of day when we're in sync! Although all those French Fries did look delicious!

For some reason I am not getting notifications for some threads including this one so I have only just found this.

No worries, I've been so slow at getting updates posted. Work has been insane the last week, and this week will be dreadful, and next week a friend is coming down from Maryland. Not sure when I'll get another update posted.

Multi-quote is also not working properly for me for some reason. Your birthday treat looked amazing. How neat to get meet the horse from the headless horseman.

It was such a fun day. The HDDR is definitely on the list for a repeat.

The horse was soooo gorgeous! and it made it even more fun that I had seen him when we were at the party last year. or two years ago?

Congratulations on getting the next cruise booked.

Thank you! Very excited!

What a disappointment. They sound horrible.

I don't know how they could have made it through the taste testing phase of production. They were awful.

Oh, I would have loved this.

It was really lovely, they had the Frozen theme integrated into everything.

Yeah, Stitch.

He's always fabulous!

How lovely that your mum was wearing her Stitch top.

Totally on accident but perfect.

You would be surprised. We have encountered more than our fair share of grumpy cruisers.

It just boggles my mind!

What a shame that not more people did attend.

They were missing out that's for sure. Maybe they didn't know who he was, but he was fantastic. Such a beautiful voice, and did lots of great songs.

I would have been disappointed, too.

Corinna

I have yet to meet Olaf in person, I must correct this one day.

So far behind on the DIS! I did an IRL update before the weekend, we are closer, but still not done.

That's the great thing about the Dis, it's here when you're ready.

I don't remember what you are doing for getting to the cruise line. Didn't you book an airbnb? The Alaskan Cruise is so great!

Yes, an Airbnb in Vancouver. First we will fly to Seattle, then take the bus up to Vancouver. Originally it was going to be the train but the train times are not helpful. Then two nights in Vancouver, an Alaska cruise, followed by a repositioning cruise, then DL for 6 nights :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: but since I haven't been to Alaska I don't know how amazing it is, I'm just anticipating. But I know how awesome DL is, and VGC, and am so excited to show it to mom and lounge on those fabulous loungers! and eat yummy food, and of course see you and Fran :hyper: Looks like it will be my only vacation this year, so I'm looking forward to it even more :teeth:

Our band event is over Labor Day weekend, we'll be back long before you arrive. I'll look at a calendar and send you an email.

Awesome, sounds good.

That's a bummer!

They were so disappointing.

You guys really relax and just take it easy. I'm usually booking us into brunch, drink tastings....

We are pool and sun loungers rotated around movies, shows, and food :laughing:

Then again we rarely make it to the shows....

Love the shows!

That was a lot of beets and salmon there in your meal. :crazy2:

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

And we rarely make the dance parties....

LOVE the dance parties!!! party: party: party:

And we can never stay up that late! :laughing:

I hope if we ever cruise together we can find times of day when we're in sync! Although all those French Fries did look delicious!

Of course we would!!! There's always dinner to talk about the fun times of the day! those French fries are out of this world delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!