Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

What were the highlights for you?

We loved everything about it. I had the prime rib and it was delicious. The soup appetizer was fabulous. We loved the ambiance and character interaction, our server was great...there really wasn’t anything that we didn’t like. My friend is annoyingly picky about every little thing and even she loved it.

We loved everything about it. I had the prime rib and it was delicious. The soup appetizer was fabulous. We loved the ambiance and character interaction, our server was great...there really wasn’t anything that we didn’t like. My friend is annoyingly picky about every little thing and even she loved it.
Yay! Thank you for sharing! We will be in here in a few days and I am so excited to hear such good reviews.

I have a 5:45 on May 17th for four people. Going to cx if anyone wants to try and grab. Will cx tomorrow morning so let me know if you want!

We just got back from Disney and had a fabulous time at Artist Point. We stayed at the wilderness lodge so it was very easy for us to get to. Loved everything about it. My daughter is 2 (nearly 3) and the server was awesome to her and us. We didn’t feel rushed at all and overall loved the experience. The food was really good too.

The evil queen did sign autographs.

Since this has been open for a little bit now I am wondering if anyone has any first hand accounts of taking a child under three? I know with CRT, Akershus, and Bon Voyage children are given a complimentary meal. I am just wondering if that is the case here?
I know this is a few months old but my daughter was under 3 when we went. They gave her all of the desserts, an apple juice, some noodles and the appetizer with fruits and veggies. We did not pay for her to get all of this.

I am cancelling an ADR for Storybook. It's for Sunday 7/7, 7:20 PM for 4 people. If you want it message me and we can work out a time for me to cancel.

Can anyone comment on the new menu, especially the new appetizers?
The hunter’s pie seemed so good compared to the chicken terrine...
Do characters come more than once if you are there for more than an hour or just once? My kids sometimes take a little time to warm up to characters so it would be nice if the game back twice!

Do characters come more than once if you are there for more than an hour or just once? My kids sometimes take a little time to warm up to characters so it would be nice if the game back twice!

Unfortunately, the terrine is pretty bad. Mushroom bisque was okay, but would have been better had it come to us hot instead of lukewarm, like it had been sitting out for a while.

We had a pretty rough night in general. We were there for an hour and a half, not only did we only see the characters once— we only saw them after we had finished dessert, and the character attendant captain rushed us through Dopey.

Unfortunately, the terrine is pretty bad. Mushroom bisque was okay, but would have been better had it come to us hot instead of lukewarm, like it had been sitting out for a while.

We had a pretty rough night in general. We were there for an hour and a half, not only did we only see the characters once— we only saw them after we had finished dessert, and the character attendant captain rushed us through Dopey.
I am so sorry you had that experience...
I was so excited about that meal but reading recent reviews I am not as sure...
I will still try to get a reservation when my ADR window opens but it seems almost impossible since we would like to get it on our first night for 6 people... let’s see!

I am so sorry you had that experience...
I was so excited about that meal but reading recent reviews I am not as sure...
I will still try to get a reservation when my ADR window opens but it seems almost impossible since we would like to get it on our first night for 6 people... let’s see!

The family thinks we just got there on an "off" night. We also had a relatively late ADR, so like any restaurant, the kitchen gets a little rough as the dinner service comes to an end. While this was our experience, I think you should go ahead and try to book anyway. It really is a cute meal, with great character interactions (if they make it to your table) and a gorgeous restaurant. We really liked the desserts as well! Our entrees were fine. I liked the gnocchi more than I liked my prime rib, but like the soup, the prime rib came out lukewarm, so I would have liked it better if it was hot.

The hunter's terrine was 'interesting'...lol. I did like the mushroom bisque. I had the pork shank at the server's recommendation and really enjoyed it. But if you don't like salty food, I would choose something else. My daughter had the roasted chicken (basically plain) with broccolini and fries. She's a Disney adult but only 11 and with a gluten intolerance and they were great about making sure that she had something that she could eat and would enjoy. I had some of her leftover chicken and it was quite good! The desserts were pretty good though I was already stuffed by then.

We thought the character interaction, especially Dopey, Grumpy and the Evil Queen, was fun!

We were there over Easter, so it's been a couple months, but I can say the characters made multiple (as in 3 or 4 trips) to our table (Snow was twice). Our ADR was early (around 4:20PM), so maybe that's why? I actually just kinda gave them a nod the last time they circled 🤣 .

How has this restaurant affected Territory Lounge? I'm terrified that this terrific hideaway has been turned into a waiting area for Artist Point.

How has this restaurant affected Territory Lounge? I'm terrified that this terrific hideaway has been turned into a waiting area for Artist Point.

We had a 5:30 reservation on a Wednesday in July. They were running about 1/2 hour behind on reservation times. So we (two families of three) stopped in Territory Lounge for a pre-dinner drink. There was only one other group in there, adults, sitting at the bar. My guess, if you are not familiar with Territory Lounge & the WL, you might not know it is there (and I hope it stays like that 🤫🙂 )

We ate here in July. The chicken terrine was...interesting. DH & DD were not fans of it. It would not be my first choice of apps. The mushroom bisque is the same that Artist Point served (we are fans!). DH had the shrimp, said it was just ok. DD & I have shellfish allergy, so she asked & was given the kids app (plate of vegies, cheese stick, popover & make you own butter). She enjoyed it. I was given the vegie spring rolls. It was good. The mains were the best part of the meal. The desserts were just ok, nothing memorable.

The characters only stopped by once, except for Snow White. (We were celebrating DD 13th bday & I had pre-ordered a cake. The server was bringing the cake over & Snow White just happened to be passing the table & stopped to wish DD a Happy Bday.)

We were happy that we were able to score a reservation and ate here, but it is a one and done for us.

EDITED 8/26 for spelling mistake...lol

Last edited:
I am going to WDW solo in June 2020, and this is my only must do ADR. My husband and I got married at WDW in 2010, and our wedding dinner was at AP. I saw it was now a character meal, and has his favourite characters, so, I am hoping to try it (maybe with Skype to him, as he is too ill to travel) is it impossible to get reservations? Is it OK to go solo?

Was the roasted chicken with bone? My DD is 12 also a Disney adult and very picky!! lol

H'mmm....I think it might have been a boneless chicken breast? I can't remember that detail now. My experience was that they would work with you to figure out what would work for you daughter 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!