Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

Is anyone else having a hard time getting a reservation? I have searched multiple days and nothing is available.

It took me about a week after I set an alert with Touring Plans’ reservation finder. It’s later than I’d prefer but at least I got in. You may also want to follow the dining cancellation thread for the month you’re looking for. Just keep at it, something will open up.:goodvibes

Is it really that hard to get a reservation? I checked 6 months from today. None available. That’s crazy. I can get a reservation for Victoria and Alberts, but not AP.

Is it really that hard to get a reservation? I checked 6 months from today. None available. That’s crazy. I can get a reservation for Victoria and Alberts, but not AP.

I think because it’s relatively new and has gotten, for the most part, positive reviews (particularly for a character meal) it’s become the latest BOG. If you’re going during free dining, that may be driving demand, as well. I think people are more willing to take a risk if they’re not actually paying that much out of pocket for an experience that may or may not meet their expectations. Just my 2 cents...

I’m on the fence now, seeing more and more reviews that list it as “ok” ish.

It’s our final night’s dinner, and I have the dining plan during this time.

Am thinking about canceling and going to a nearby one credit restaurant. Would want to stay close to MK area, as I want to be able to relax on our last night and not spend a lot of time on transport.

Have had and did not love (I know, sorry) Kona cafe and ‘Ohana. I liked the Wave for breakfast, maybe could try dinner there.

As far as Storybook, I like the idea of the decor (ceiling as trees...) and meeting the characters, but I also want good food and it to be a pleasant experience.
This is also my last night reservation too and had the same concern but I think it looks like a fun experience. I’m sure you just need to make sure your expectations are not too high.
That is exactly why I booked it. I like the options that are somewhat foodie, but not so foodie (or foodie in a way) that there's a good chance my newly minted Disney "adult" will likely try them and maybe even like them. I also really like the theming of the food which seems a step above most of the character dining. It may turn out to be a one and done for us too, but I want to try it before they start moving to more middle of the road food and theming. It's a rare opportunity for us.

I think this is a great perspective on it and I definitely want to experience it while it has good reviews overall with semi adventurous food.

My DD and I ate here last Monday. I will say that you can even check for reservations on the day of. We were looking for (all available) dining on Sunday and a few times showed up for Storybook Dining. Also, we had a LATE Monday reservation, but I was able to easily move it earlier on Monday morning.

But what's even crazier to me is that the restaurant was half empty!

I will also add that it was fun to do once, but I don't think it warrants the price tag.

Just went on Thursday, hands down the best meal I've ever had on property! I watched for reservations forever, and one for 2 people opened up about 3 days prior. The appetizers were just the right size and were great, especially the mushroom soup. I had the veal shank which was out of this world, my friend had the prime rib which was also great. The desserts were good but not spectacular. The presentation of the maple popcorn with the chocolate hearts in the huntsman's box was great, as was our server. The best was the Evil Queen, she never broke character. I though the price was very reasonable for the quality of food, especially after paying so much for lunch at Akershus.

@Mbakeratwwt Wow, sounds like you had a great time and a great meal! My DD28 and I are going on June 8th. I'm interested to hear more about the veal shank if you could describe it. Is it more of the meat you taste or is it spiced(not spicy), up a lot? I'd usually do the prime rib, but I've really like pork shank when I've had it so thought the veal shank might be especially good! Does it come with any sides? And the appetizers are ones you share, is that right? I heard they recently changed, what is there besides the mushroom soup?
And, which characters besides the Evil Queen do you get to meet? Do they come to the table for you to meet them or you go to them?

Thanks very much for anything you can share!

@Mbakeratwwt Wow, sounds like you had a great time and a great meal! My DD28 and I are going on June 8th. I'm interested to hear more about the veal shank if you could describe it. Is it more of the meat you taste or is it spiced(not spicy), up a lot? I'd usually do the prime rib, but I've really like pork shank when I've had it so thought the veal shank might be especially good! Does it come with any sides? And the appetizers are ones you share, is that right? I heard they recently changed, what is there besides the mushroom soup?
And, which characters besides the Evil Queen do you get to meet? Do they come to the table for you to meet them or you go to them?

Thanks very much for anything you can share!
no its not spiced up, but it is very good. it has a potato puree with it and some veggies. Dopey, Grumpy and Snow White come to the table.

We had a great meal and experience on April 10th. All three adults had the prime rib, so I can't comment on any other dish, but it was cooked well and delicious. The kids both had chicken breast and they enjoyed it as well. All of the characters were wonderful - especially the evil queen, who was out of this world. The server was fantastic too. It was a great deal - Shocked that it was only 55 an adult and Tusker was 60.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter