Stocking Stuffers

Great thread idea...

I'm stuffing stockings for small children so these may not apply but...

Chapstick
Nail Polish
Chocolates
Blind bag Hatchimals
Blind bag Lego mini figures
Hot Wheels
Bracelet
Chewing Gum
Lip Balm (like a colored or glittery one)
Toothbrush
Mints
Fancy pen or pencil

This is a sampling of what Santa brings to various members of our family:

Toothbrush
Deodorant
Razors
hot wheels/blind bags (of whatever series they're into)
chapstick
nail polish
hairbands
candy
giftcards- Starbucks, McD, Chick-fil-A...whatever the person is into
puzzle books
magic washcloth
technology accessories- earbuds, chargers, battery packs, flash drives,
jewelry- earrings, bracelets
holiday pencils

I am not picking on any one person but I always found it weird to put everyday shopping items in a stocking. I get that you want cheap stuff to fill it with but toothpaste? Deodorant? Why not just buy them that stuff the next time you’re at the store?

Maybe it’s so weird to me because I’m used to getting things in my stocking like a humidifier and the biggest thing..a bakers rack.

I wasn’t able to do things like that for my daughter but I did do things like board games and crafty things.

flashlights
batteries
funky socks
cool accessories for whatever activity the kids are into - bear bell for the boy scout, swim goggles for the swimmer, etc
small $ gift cards
hand lotion / sanitizer
costume jewelry
nice pens
art supplies
candy
snacks that I won't typically buy
can of soda
matchbox cars

I am not picking on any one person but I always found it weird to put everyday shopping items in a stocking. I get that you want cheap stuff to fill it with but toothpaste? Deodorant? Why not just buy them that stuff the next time you’re at the store?

Maybe it’s so weird to me because I’m used to getting things in my stocking like a humidifier and the biggest thing..a bakers rack.

I wasn’t able to do things like that for my daughter but I did do things like board games and crafty things.

I don't think it's too weird. I do it with my kids, but the stuff they get in their stockings is typically better than what I normally buy. For example, Mom buys speedstick deodorant, Santa brings axe brand. Same with socks and underwear, Mom buys Hanes, Santa brings Under Armour. Sometimes you just need something small to fill in the stocking, why not something they'll use?

Christmas stockings are for hanging over the fireplace as decoration only. Not meant to be stuffed with little trinkets.

Christmas stockings are for hanging over the fireplace as decoration only. Not meant to be stuffed with little trinkets.

Tell that to my 10 year old! Lol.... We always get to open stockings on Christmas Eve, it's always been our tradition.

Candy.....this year for adults it is Ghirardelli squares, Liner truffles and Dilated mint chocolate. Need to get the kids still

Blind bags
Flashlights
Lotion
She's
Gift cards
Ornaments
Tsum tsums
Balls for little ones
Cars for little ones
Craft packs

Socks w/ fun or cool patterns or, other years, nice wool socks
Flashlight
Pocket knife
Jewelry
Nail polish
I-tunes gift card
a fun little toy or trinket - one year, it was the flying, screaming monkey; this year, it's a stuffed animal in a can
Body wash/lotion
a chocolate Santa
and, always, an orange & an apple (which is tradition from my & DH's families)

This is what I have this year for my 3-year-old son...

"Play Pack" mini coloring book, crayons, and stickers
"Imagine Ink" activity book and marker
Hot Wheels/Matchbox car
Paw Patrol toothbrush
Paw Patrol body wash
One of those plastic candy canes filled with M&Ms or peanut butter cups
White chocolate Santa pop from a local chocolatier (something I always received in my stocking as a child)
Stickers
Set of 3 Boston Bruins soft hockey pucks
Small stuffed Paw Patrol Marshall stuffed toy

In previous years, I've done sippy cups, ornaments, a cute pair of socks, canister of puffs or yogurt melts, a few containers of Play Doh...

When I was a kid my parents used to put Disney tickets in our stockings. Those were always big hits.

In all seriousness, when we got those that was our "big present" and that was also usually how we found out we were going for spring break. It's not that we got so much that something like that was a stocking stuffer next to a mountain of presents.

My stocking stuffers have really changed over the years. It used to be hot wheels and silly putty, tons of candy, pokemon cards, mini plush toys and fun little games. Now I give Itune cards, I still give a pack of cards or something, candy, and useful things for grooming lol Not quite as much fun, but really actually needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!