Still Feeding Nebo: The may trip final chapter pg 122, Dec. 31

Congratulations, nebo and smidgy!:cloud9: (I tried to post yesterday, but the Dis was/is so sssslllloooooooowwww, the baby will likely be here before this goes through.) I'll bet you guys are the coolest grandparents ever!!!

I didn't get to catch the parade, but evidently my guy liked Disney more than I anticipated. He started investigating the F&WF after I told him a little about it. Next thing you know, he's telling me to figure out how we can get there again. Looks like we're headed back in October! :banana:

As for the digital camera, I'd say try hooking it up and see what happens. It might work and it might not. It won't, however, hurt either your computer or the camera to try it. DFi got a Canon Powershot for Christmas last year and brought it with us to Disney. He decided he wanted to download the pictures to my laptop but forgot to install the software to the computer beforehand. He hooked it up and it worked right away. Who knows, it might work!

Hey, sounds like you have a winner guy there. And thanks for the camera info, I'm holding my breath here.

Ok nebo, you may want to print this one so you can follow along~
Ooh, I just love singalongs, um , to what is this sung to?

If you haven't already, plug the camera in with the usb...a box should come up that allows you to "view the files." Select that. Go up top and hit "edit" then "select all." To the left you should now see the option to copy your files. Select that. Another box will come up for where to put them. Select a file under your pictures or make a new folder (give it a good name so you can find them again later.) Once you slect where, hit ok. Close the open boxes and turn off and unplug your camera. Go to "Start" and select "My Pictures." You should be able to see all the pictures or the folder you made for the pictures from there.

HTH...

This is not my solution I spoke of yesterday but this should work.

I['m afraid to try it. Ignorance is bliss as they say. I couldn't load the software, then I coulldn't download it from their website. Besides, I don't have anything to take pictures of yet, shoot, do I really need cat pictures on the computer? But I will save this, thanks.
You know, I have personally scanned all the "film" pictures through my Epson printer right into the computer. Plus there is a memory card slot in the printer, but it seems like it's just for printing pictures, no way to go from the printer into the computer like when I scanned the photos. Sound right to you?

I tried Colleen's suggestion on my 'puter (I also have a kodak camera), couldn't get it to work (but I have winblows xp) and am not familiar with '98.... sorry I wasn't much help.
p.s. I don't really care for kodak's software anyway.... it uses alot of resources and tries to connect to it's website everytime ya get online.

Believe me Shawn, Kodak and I are already not seeing eye to eye.

Congratulations Steve and Diane. How exciting. A little Nebo or Smidgy to spoil.

Is this the first granchild? I can't remember.
\

No Monica, just first one from this kid. We also have Jackson, age two.

Congratulations, nebo and smidgy!:cloud9: (I tried to post yesterday, but the Dis was/is so sssslllloooooooowwww, the baby will likely be here before this goes through.) I'll bet you guys are the coolest grandparents ever!!!

Thanks who girl, are you on dial up too? I've had a lot of trouble getting on the disboards lately.

Yes, you read that right. How bout it, a collective sigh of relief all around?

Thank you everyone for your joy on us having to buy more birthday presents now, we really appreciate your interest in our good fortune.

On friday, our last day I can never get that "The end is near" feeling out of my head. Yes, I'm sorry to say I get kinda depressed, and just feel like I'm going through the motions. For some reason we usually end a trip with Epcot, and this time was no different.

But depressed?
Not even a little this time.

It's simple, I know we're coming back in Sept.
And that knowledge in hand makes all the difference in the world.
Two weeks before we left home to drive down here I nailed the free dining on the first day it was released, so leaving tomorrow morning is just an intermission if you will.

And besides, I've used up all the steps in my foot for this trip.

We started out up front and center at rope drop, met by Minnie and Goofy, then led the charge to Soarin. A last trip on Livin with the Land, and we planned on waiting outside of Imaginations for Hista to almost start.

But again, they make everyone line up outside till it's full, then close it off before you can go inside and watch the darn preshow.
We passed.

we did have some fun in Innoventions, and went back to the resort for a final swim. The day's highlight was still coming up, and we made it back in time for the BJ Thomas concert. This is the second time we saw him also, like Davy Jones, and he was right on key.

Originally we were going to eat at Rose and Crown, but once again that plan fell through. We've planned on eating here now for about the last three trips, but it just doesn't happen. I think it's just a lookin at restaurant, not a place you go to really eat. It's just there to walk past, and take away some Illuminations viewing spots.

Time is in hyper mode now, but we still have to eat somewhere, so we settled on the Cantina in Mexico. You see I still have a 25 dollar gift or food voucher in my pocket from the AAA package.

And I'm really nasty when it comes to using these kind of coupons.

Good for 25 of food, in any of the parks.
Our bill?

24. 78.

Damn! I'm good.

I did like the entertainment there though. These long necked geese and swans kept sticking there necks through the railing and pecking at our forks if they got too close. They would eat anything.

Including, and yes, I'm mean, I had to know, torilla chips with hot salsa on them. For some reason though, the taco's there come with chicken and not beef. This just doesn't taste right to me.
We still hasn't yet decided if we're staying for Illuminations, but that decision was helped right along in a few moments.

Big ugly clouds started moving in, and since we'll be back in sept., and we still have a lot of packing to do so we can get an early start in the morning, we hit Test Track one more time on the way out, and caught a bus just before it pulled away.

During the bus ride on the way back, the sky's water broke.

And it gave birth to quite a few bouncing baby hailstones.
Cowering under the far end of the bus shelter, I'm not really in the mood for the mad dash back to the room.

But I'm not in the mood for a good soaking either.
Ok, I'm up for one mad dash, to the first building. Once under the walkway, we worked our way from building to building till we got to our room. Just a little wet, no big deal.

The nexy morning we were under way by six, with a stop in Shepherdsville, Kentucky for the night. It's just south of Louis ville. At noon the next day, sunday, we pulled into our driveway with having my favorite kind of road trip behind us.

An uneventful one.

:woohoo:

Boy, if I had done the whole trip report like this last chapter, this sucker would have been over in June.

ANd it would have been really boring, too.

I just thought enough was enough, and besides, Diane won't let me quit this anyway. So I'm a bit anxious to get into the december trip, and start a new, if albeit shorter, trip report.

In review here, this may trip was one of the best ever, if not the longest.

Hightlights: driving on the beach in St. Auggie, getting a room next to the pool at Coronado, seeing BJ Thomas, watching a jerk get his but kicked at Pat O'brian's, and eating at Boma's. Oh, and the night of karaoke.

Lowlights: getting a room next to the pool at Coronado, yes, you read that right, it was good and bad, it was a great room with a great location, but with our car parked right around the corner, it felt too much like staying at a Motel 6.
,,, eating at Big River Grill, and the internal laughs that followed, the six hour wait for a room at CBR, the new HISTA rules, and trying to destroy myself in a bathroom.

I guess that's pretty much it for this trip.
I definately want to mention and say thanks to the people that made writing this report so much fun:

The guy at Shutters that thought I was god when I talked through the window, and the dueling iceberg lettuce guy at Boma's.

AH ha ha ha, I got you again!:rotfl2:

Oh, and the waitress that didn't know the word, "butter".

By the way, Boma's and Coral Reef were the best of the sit down meals, Big River and Shutters were the worst. Best counter service is still Flame Tree, with a table by the river.

With this, we arrive at the present. Tomorrow is the first day of the year, and hopefully nothing starts out a year better than a fresh trip report from Disney. So I think I'll start fresh here, I hope you'll still be interested, and I believe you can count on me for some laughs, and stupid adventures.
I've got the pictures all loaded into Photobuck, and am raring to go, so if you're like we were, and never been to Disney during the Holidays, some of these pictures will blow you away.

Of coarse, this isn't just me, for me, or even Diane. It's been all of you that have been the stars, I'm just one of the gang here. My posts just happen to be a tad longer than most of yours.
Well, except maybe Maraena. (I'm just kiddin, love ya babe).

So thank you one and all, hope you come with on the next ride, how else am I going to find the seat?

Ok, that's a wrap, extra credit to the first person that can find the new report, since even I haven't made up a title yet. Maybe this isn't the right thing to do, but it's always fun to start over, isn't it? :love:

09-03-2006-02.jpg

Yes, you read that right. How bout it, a collective sigh of relief all around?
Awww, it's over:sad1:

Thank you everyone for your joy on us having to buy more birthday presents now, we really appreciate your interest in our good fortune.

:rotfl2:

Including, and yes, I'm mean, I had to know, torilla chips with hot salsa on them.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

For some reason though, the taco's there come with chicken and not beef. This just doesn't taste right to me.

Next time get the burritto:thumbsup2

Hightlights: watching a jerk get his but kicked at Pat O'brian's

:rotfl2:

With this, we arrive at the present. Tomorrow is the first day of the year, and hopefully nothing starts out a year better than a fresh trip report from Disney. So I think I'll start fresh here, I hope you'll still be interested, and I believe you can count on me for some laughs, and stupid adventures.

:cheer2: :cheer2: Can't wait.

O
k, that's a wrap, extra credit to the first person that can find the new report, since even I haven't made up a title yet. Maybe this isn't the right thing to do, but it's always fun to start over, isn't it? :love:

Your not going to post a link for us:upsidedow . Gonna make us work for it, eh?:rolleyes:

[
Can't wait for the next report to start. Do I have to wait for the new year? Will that be the new year EST?popcorn:: popcorn::

HAPPY NEW YEAR NEBO & SMIDGY:santa:

Go to Walgreens~

Take your memory card to walgreens (when you are ready for some prints.) You can get the disc made for $3 and it'll load ALOT easier than the kodak one :(

Happy New Year people!

Great transitional ending Nebo...can't wait for next year!!

:grouphug:

I toast
to new friends
and really old.

I toast
to adventures
that have yet
to unfold.

Nebo & Smidgy, that was a wonderful report. Can't wait to find and read the new one. I hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR, be safe all. :woohoo:

Nebo, you forgot Christmas presents and Grandparents are coming to visit presents :)

Fabulous report, and you can BET we will all be around for the next one!

Thanks for keeping us entertained all this time!

Now the question is, when is the new report starting? :woohoo:

Forgot to say:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO NEBO, SMIDGY AND THE WHOLE GANG HERE!

:cheer2:

I feel so sad that it's over! There had better be a new report up tomorrow! I'll be looking!

I was hoping for this for christmas, but really didn't want to get my hopes up. got a call last night from our youngest son (Jeremy, 25). they are going to have a baby!!!!(their first). ohboyohboyohboyQUOTE]
:yay: :woohoo: :dance3: :dance3: :woohoo: :yay: :banana:
I am so happy for ya'll!!!!!!!

Now you really need to go get that job at Disney!!!!!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Ok, that's a wrap, extra credit to the first person that can find the new report, since even I haven't made up a title yet. Maybe this isn't the right thing to do, but it's always fun to start over, isn't it? :love:

09-03-2006-02.jpg
:sad1: It's over:sad1:

Another one??:dance3: Where??????:confused3 :banana: :banana:

WHAT??????????????
I gotta go look for it????????:eek:

I can barely manage to click on links at the end of peoples siggies! Now you are going to make me have to think and figure out how to search for it?????

I can't believe you would do this to me!!!!!:headache:

Well actually I can believe YOU would do it!:rotfl: :rotfl:
O.K. so off on the Big treasure hunt...... Hey last treasure hunt I went on I won a 2 night stay in Galveston with a family 4 pack of tickets to Moody Gardens Festival of lights etc.... which by the way we are leaving for that trip in just a few hours!!!!:woohoo: Anyway so what do I get if I win this one????????????????????

;) :laughing:

Wow! I can't believe this trip report is finally over. (No, that's not a sigh of relief! Well, maybe from my guy since it means I won't be necessarily living for updates. :rotfl: )

Congratulations on impending grandparenthood! If only there was a way to skip the parenthood to that, I'd be right on board! That's just absolutely great news for you both. :hug: I assume this is the first grandchild?

I'll be watching for the new trip report! Don't hold your breath for mine though. As much fun as it was and as great as it would be to relive the trip via text, I just can't see me finding the time to actually complete it once I got it started. (Evidently my advisors think I should be writing this funny little paper called a dissertation instead! They really need to get their priorities straight over here!:rotfl2: )

Thank you, Nebo and Smidgy, for a fantastic trip report. It was a great ride while it lasted and I'll look forward to another!

Go to Walgreens~

Take your memory card to walgreens (when you are ready for some prints.) You can get the disc made for $3 and it'll load ALOT easier than the kodak one :(

Happy New Year people!

Colleen, I knew they could put film on a disk, but that's great to know they can do the same from a memory card. And I have no problems loading the disk into the computer, last time I did it it took about one minute to load in about 60 photos. Now I have to find a way to get back there and use the dang camera!

Nebo & Smidgy, that was a wonderful report. Can't wait to find and read the new one. I hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR, be safe all. :woohoo:

Thanks Connie, you've been a big contributer and I appreciate that.

Nebo, you forgot Christmas presents and Grandparents are coming to visit presents :)

Fabulous report, and you can BET we will all be around for the next one!

Thanks for keeping us entertained all this time!

Now the question is, when is the new report starting? :woohoo:

Forgot to say:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO NEBO, SMIDGY AND THE WHOLE GANG HERE!

:cheer2:

Marita, thank you, I should have the new one up and just sitting there sometime tomorrow.

I feel so sad that it's over! There had better be a new report up tomorrow! I'll be looking!

Cheri, that's why I have to do the december trip. So I don't get sad. We both have gotten to know so many of you, and I'm not ready to let my new friends go! And besides.....................

What a ride!

Thank you! :worship:

Can I fastpass the next one?

........ we can't deprive Monica of getting a few more chances to get me in trouble. Thanks Monica, your sarcasm and caustic replys have always been entertaining. See you soon.

[
WHAT??????????????
I gotta go look for it????????:eek:

I can barely manage to click on links at the end of peoples siggies! Now you are going to make me have to think and figure out how to search for it?????

I can't believe you would do this to me!!!!!:headache:

Well actually I can believe YOU would do it!:rotfl: :rotfl:
O.K. so off on the Big treasure hunt...... Hey last treasure hunt I went on I won a 2 night stay in Galveston with a family 4 pack of tickets to Moody Gardens Festival of lights etc.... which by the way we are leaving for that trip in just a few hours!!!!:woohoo: Anyway so what do I get if I win this one????????????????????

;) :laughing:

A two night trip to Galveston? Wow, how do I compete with that?
Ok, how about 3 nights in Corpus Christi? Thank you Leah, hope and pray your family's medical situation improves in 08.

Wow! I can't believe this trip report is finally over. (No, that's not a sigh of relief! Well, maybe from my guy since it means I won't be necessarily living for updates. :rotfl: )

Congratulations on impending grandparenthood! If only there was a way to skip the parenthood to that, I'd be right on board! That's just absolutely great news for you both. :hug: I assume this is the first grandchild?

I'll be watching for the new trip report! Don't hold your breath for mine though.

Thank you, Nebo and Smidgy, for a fantastic trip report. It was a great ride while it lasted and I'll look forward to another!

Thanks Maraena, sure hope you come along for the next ride. Here's a tip to find the new report,,,,,,,,,,,, it will be the one that says, "by nebo".

And besides................

........ we can't deprive Monica of getting a few more chances to get me in trouble. Thanks Monica, your sarcasm and caustic replys have always been entertaining. See you soon.

I am counting on it! I hope to take that literally some day.

I am also quite certain there will be an opportunity for a Cedar Point meet in the early summer. Like a precursor to the real thing.:upsidedow

I was hoping for this for christmas, but really didn't want to get my hopes up. got a call last night from our youngest son (Jeremy, 25). they are going to have a baby!!!!(their first). ohboyohboyohboy:banana: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

YEAH!!!! Congrats Smidgy and Nebo! :goodvibes

Colleen, I knew they could put film on a disk, but that's great to know they can do the same from a memory card. And I have no problems loading the disk into the computer, last time I did it it took about one minute to load in about 60 photos. Now I have to find a way to get back there and use the dang camera!

Yes they can, and they're the cheapest guys in town ::yes::

Please practice your camera. Practice with it around the house and around town. Take pics of things that catch your eye. Read the book and experiment with the camera's settings. by the time you get back to Disney-you'll be a pro just like me ;)

This practice will pay off when the baby comes as well. My advice for birth shots, stick to black and white :3dglasses

I was hoping for this for christmas, but really didn't want to get my hopes up. got a call last night from our youngest son (Jeremy, 25). they are going to have a baby!!!!(their first). ohboyohboyohboy:banana: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

Congratulations Nebo and Smidgy!! What does Jackson call you two? Just the norm or does he have fun, hip names for ya'll?

Well I guess I won't bother crying that this is over since you say you were starting a new one today!!! See ya there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter