Still Feeding Nebo: The may trip final chapter pg 122, Dec. 31

Merry Christmas to Nebo & Smidge...& the Whole gang...

I hope Santa was good to you!!!

:santa:

In defiance of mods (sorry, OhMari!)
I have to insert a personal news post.
After months of tests, physicals, letters of recommendation, interviews , and months of waiting waiting waiting and waiting some more because the annoucements were delayed by weeks, we finally go the news today:

My son got selected as an officer in the AIRFORCE!!!!!QUOTE]

Marita, that's terrific! Does this mean Richard Gere will be making a sequel soon?

Wow! The nerve of that mama not controlling her kid! So sorry you got beat up by a toddler. You were much to kind. A saint, even.

So, did they guys pants fit?

Merry Christmas to Smidgie and Nebo!!!!!!

Wendy, I didn't try on the pants, I was too busy going through the woman's und,,,oh, uh never mind.

I'm waiting til after Christmas to start my trippie...my question to myself is do I bother with Uni or go right to Disney this time :scratchin

Colleen, I think you should start with Uni. I like hearing what others think about it there.

So the middle aged mutant ninja tourist, met his match?;)

?

You're right Cheri, he started kicking me even as I was bowwing.

Greatn update Nebo. Like the Airplane (It's a big pretty white plane with red stripes and looks like a big tylenol) and toys of my childhood references:thumbsup2

Janet, I wonder what a Mr. Machine is going for on ebay now.

Woo! I get back to two new updates! Nebo's been busy. :banana:

Anyhow, I've returned with a lovely head cold and was blessed today with 6 inches of snow on the ground. At least that's what I was told. But, since it was a man that told me that, I'll assume it's really 4 inches. :rotfl2:

Have a great Christmas! :santa:

Maraena, I've played the head cold game myself down there, it's hard to take a good picture with a kleenex stuffed up your nose. Hope you had a good trip anyway.

Mmmm, cookie dough. Did you get the gingerbread slice 'n bake, Nebo? Those are sooo good. And if you burn them, just get a new roll and serve it sliced raw---just as yummy!! At least you offered to help with Christmas; I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself b/c DH asked THIS MORNING, what could he do to help me with Christmas! I pitched a fit, rolled up in a ball of pity, and sent them off to church by themselves. Let's just say that your picture representing the cookies, could have represented my fit!
I hope you and smidgy have a wonderful Christmas full of good cheer! (I'm thinking about stealing your sunny D trick to take my cheer to MIL's!:banana: )

Whogirlsmom, I guess the "better late than never" saying didn't help him in this case. And it sounds like you might want to go with the industrial strength Sunny D.

Usually they send you to the front desk to fix key problems right?

I guess that's a perk of being a celebrity.

Merry Christmas!

You're right Monica. It always helps to have Smidgy with you.

Merry Christmas to Nebo and Smidgy and the entire fan club!

Funny stories, Nebo. Ouch about the killer kid!!

Keys seem to be an issue. I have heard moisture getting into electronics at the mods and values can be a problem, but it happens at the deluxes too with inside corridors. I read all the time about key issues.

I usually never have a problem with the keys, now, scanning my finger is another story. I ALWAYS have a problem with that.

What? they're back?!? Why wasn't I told? I demand to see the manager!
Oh wait my power wasn't on (darn ice storm).... guess that's why I didn't find out.
Great update(s).... I secretly think the toddler didn't want anyone taking his seat (even though (s)he wasn't about to use it) just the idea of it, therefor you must die!
Last edited by McDisney : 12-23-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: used too many ssss, don't wanna use'em all up ya know
cheers!

Hawn, thank for poting, I'm pretty ure that naty kid was a he.

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope everyone had a great day. :grouphug: We watched the Disney Parade this morning, I thought it was great, but made me want to be there.

I hate to say it, but that parade didn't help my mood too much, after 8 trips in the last 3 years, not knowing when I'll be able to go back is killing me.

AND,,,,,,, guess what? Now that we're back from our last trip with nothing in sight, I got a digital camera for Christamas. BOY it would have come in handy on this last trip! It's a seven magapixel Kodak Easy Share, with a one gig memory card. For some reason, I can't run the software disk that came with it, I get a message that my operating system doesn't support the disk.
I"m hoping that I will still be able to upload the pics into the computer though, that when I plug in the usb cable something will come up on the screen. Colleen, Shawn? any thoughts on the camera and if just hooking up the camera to the computer will be enough?

What do you have running on your computer to open all your little icons.

Windows? If so, what version? 98? 2000? Home? Office? XP?

Your camera disk should say compatible with one of these I listed above.

I hope I'm not wrong here. someone either agree or correct me.

Monica, I'm runnning windows 98, and from what I can figure out on the kodak web site is 98 is only supported through versions 5.3, this disk says version 6. So i'm a gonna try to download it from the web site. It says for dial up only 94 minutes! geeshh.

Maraena, I've played the head cold game myself down there, it's hard to take a good picture with a kleenex stuffed up your nose. Hope you had a good trip anyway.

Actually, I was lucky enough to escape Disney without getting the full blown cold. I felt it coming on during our last day. During the flight back, it really started setting in and despite an overdose on Airborne, I still managed to get it by the next day. It actually hasn't been too bad and I think it's mostly a sinus cold. Yesterday was pretty interesting with my blood pressure absolutely plummeting but today's been pretty good.

However, I believe I should have bought stock in Kleenex. I can't believe how much of the stuff I've been going through.

I hate to say it, but that parade didn't help my mood too much, after 8 trips in the last 3 years, not knowing when I'll be able to go back is killing me.

AND,,,,,,, guess what? Now that we're back from our last trip with nothing in sight, I got a digital camera for Christamas. BOY it would have come in handy on this last trip! It's a seven magapixel Kodak Easy Share, with a one gig memory card. For some reason, I can't run the software disk that came with it, I get a message that my operating system doesn't support the disk.
I"m hoping that I will still be able to upload the pics into the computer though, that when I plug in the usb cable something will come up on the screen. Colleen, Shawn? any thoughts on the camera and if just hooking up the camera to the computer will be enough?

I didn't get to catch the parade, but evidently my guy liked Disney more than I anticipated. He started investigating the F&WF after I told him a little about it. Next thing you know, he's telling me to figure out how we can get there again. Looks like we're headed back in October! :banana:

As for the digital camera, I'd say try hooking it up and see what happens. It might work and it might not. It won't, however, hurt either your computer or the camera to try it. DFi got a Canon Powershot for Christmas last year and brought it with us to Disney. He decided he wanted to download the pictures to my laptop but forgot to install the software to the computer beforehand. He hooked it up and it worked right away. Who knows, it might work!

Ok nebo, you may want to print this one so you can follow along~

If you haven't already, plug the camera in with the usb...a box should come up that allows you to "view the files." Select that. Go up top and hit "edit" then "select all." To the left you should now see the option to copy your files. Select that. Another box will come up for where to put them. Select a file under your pictures or make a new folder (give it a good name so you can find them again later.) Once you slect where, hit ok. Close the open boxes and turn off and unplug your camera. Go to "Start" and select "My Pictures." You should be able to see all the pictures or the folder you made for the pictures from there.

HTH...

This is not my solution I spoke of yesterday but this should work.

If you haven't already, plug the camera in with the usb...a box should come up that allows you to "view the files." Select that. Go up top and hit "edit" then "select all." To the left you should now see the option to copy your files. Select that. Another box will come up for where to put them. Select a file under your pictures or make a new folder (give it a good name so you can find them again later.) Once you slect where, hit ok. Close the open boxes and turn off and unplug your camera. Go to "Start" and select "My Pictures." You should be able to see all the pictures or the folder you made for the pictures from there.

HTH...

This is not my solution I spoke of yesterday but this should work.

I tried Colleen's suggestion on my 'puter (I also have a kodak camera), couldn't get it to work (but I have winblows xp) and am not familiar with '98.... sorry I wasn't much help.
p.s. I don't really care for kodak's software anyway.... it uses alot of resources and tries to connect to it's website everytime ya get online.

I was hoping for this for christmas, but really didn't want to get my hopes up. got a call last night from our youngest son (Jeremy, 25). they are going to have a baby!!!!(their first). ohboyohboyohboy:banana: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

Congratulations Steve and Diane. How exciting. A little Nebo or Smidgy to spoil.

Is this the first granchild? I can't remember.

I was hoping for this for christmas, but really didn't want to get my hopes up. got a call last night from our youngest son (Jeremy, 25). they are going to have a baby!!!!(their first). ohboyohboyohboy:banana: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

CONGRATULATIONS:thumbsup2

WOOHOOO!!!!
!!!!!!! what great news!!!!!!!!

Just yesterday I was posting about who of our friends might have a baby in 2008, and you are the FIRST!!

How exciting!!! We will all be cyber grandparent here!:grouphug:

OOOOh! The very best News EVER! A new baby to spoil and take to Disney World!

2008 is going to be a fabulous year for yous!!!!!! :love:

Hey, Nebo and Smidgy, are you going to tell your kids that total strangers on the internet are freaking excited that you are going to be grandparents?

:laughing: :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter