Steve

jbehr12

DIS Veteran
I’m having a hard time watching a lot of these more recent videos due to all the crap Steve has thrown at him from some of his co-vloggers. I just watched the ronto roasters review and it almost seems like some of the other DIS team go out of their way to disagree with Steve and then proceed to drill in the fact Steve is wrong, and that’s just the latest example. I’m pretty sure Craig and Ryno would say the sky is green is Steve told them it was blue. It’s fine to have disagreements and differing opinions, but it has been creating a lot of cringeworthy moments in some of these videos that can be very off putting.

I didn't think it was awkward at all. Everyone was giving their opinion. It's ok for them to disagree on camera. Plus, there was a lot of sauce on the pita thingy.

I didn't think it was awkward at all. Everyone was giving their opinion. It's ok for them to disagree on camera. Plus, there was a lot of sauce on the pita thingy.

Like you said, its ok to disagree, and I definitely disagree with that. And it wasn’t just that video, there has been a pattern of being a jerk to Steve on other videos as well. It makes for awkward viewing once you actually notice it. All I’m saying is Steve is a great contributor and doesn’t deserve some of the hate he gets.

While i know what you're talking about, i think its more like friendly banter between friends/co-workers. It doesn't help prolly that Craig is deadpan, so he prolly comes off more serious than he actually is.

Now if you wanna talk about hard to watch moments, i always get anxious when Pete yells at people on the show/shoots other peoples opinions down/cuts people off.
And I'm not talking about when he does it in a jokingly way. There's a difference.

I wouldn't take it too seriously - it looks like they are just friends busting each other's chops while debating the topic at hand. Steve has a nice guy or dare I say a bit of that 'okilly dokilly' persona, which makes him a tough matchup vs Craig's dry sarcasm.

You're reading too much into it. If Steve was unhappy he wouldn't work for the company. It's all good natured friends ribbing each other.

I really don’t think I am, I think a lot of you are willfully ignoring the way he’s been talked to (or about) in past videos.

I’ve heard the ribbing between friends that accounts for 90% of the jabs on this channel, which is all in good fun and makes for entertaining banter, but if you listen to the way Ryno and Craig speak to Steve on a regular basis it goes beyond friendly teasing.

Either way, I am glad Pete showed him respect this week on today’s WDW discussion. Ryno was still going out of his way to take jabs at him when he wasn’t even talking, but props to Pete.

Also, he’s still with the company because he loves what he does and that is why he makes a strong contributor. What I am saying probably isn’t going a long way, considering how obvious it is so many of you have no problem looking the other way, but I hope he sees this and realizes not everything he says needs to be aggressively shot down or disagreed with :)

Also, he’s still with the company because he loves what he does and that is why he makes a strong contributor. What I am saying probably isn’t going a long way, considering how obvious it is so many of you have no problem looking the other way, but I hope he sees this and realizes not everything he says needs to be aggressively shot down or disagreed with :)

They've all done this to each other at different times. Steve did it repeatedly about Turkey Legs in one of the shows (which was actually hysterical).

If Steve is unhappy or hurt with what they are doing, then he needs to either tell them, or talk to Pete/John/Corey (i.e. someone in leadership of the company). We also don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes, so I don't think either side can definitively say they know what is happening. :confused3

Steve's a big boy, if he's annoyed I'm sure he'll let the staff know.

Do you want a podcast where everyone is happy happy and positive every waking moment? I'm sure there's a Sesame Street or Barney podcast somewhere out there with that kind of thing...

Disagreements, candid opinions, views, etc. are what the DIS has been built on from the beginning. It's a "roundtable discussion of unbiased and honest look at every aspect of Disney". That's why it's an interesting podcast and why it's garnered such a wonderful (most of the time) fanbase.

That being said, I'm headed back to continuing my Haunted Mansion puzzle. Has anyone got the latest 1000 piece HM puzzle from parks? It's DAMN hard! So many blank black pieces. But I know it's going to look "delightfully unlivable-y" beautiful when it's finished!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter