Step Right Up and Watch Us Stack The Genie 🧞‍♂️ New TR started 9/25**

What a great start to your trip!
Love the carnival theme. So glad you got the room sorted before you trekked the whole way over to it and I can think of nothing nicer than eating and drinking on the veranda at GP with the sun shining down.
Now for a stupid question. When you use a rideshare is it just you and the driver or are there other people heading the same direction in the car?

Great start Geyser Point is on my to do list . That drink looks delish !
Thank you. GP is a wonderful oasis, I highly recommend a visit there. The Huckleberry Punch is so yummy, it reminds me of a watermelon jolly rancher!
Happy Mother's Day! What a nice, uneventful travel day! That flight from Duluth to MSP must be wheels up, wheels down lol! I still have to watch that movie, I have been so busy watching all of this new Marvel stuff! Geyser Point looks so good, one of these days I will make it over there.
Thank you! It really was a nice travel day! The flight from Duluth is just that, we just reach a cruising altitude and we are start descending 🤣
GP is wonderful and a must at least once!
We loved hanging out at Geyser Point our last trip. Anthony was the greatest bartender.
I agree and Andi went to get us drinks a few times and she said the bartender was very nice and didn’t ignore her. This usually happens to her at bars because she looks so young and is short!
Glad travel day was uneventful and you were relaxing at Geyser Point before you knew it! Now that I live in a cold(ish) place, I understand just how nice it is to step out into the warm FL sunshine after long stretches of winter weather.
It really was a good day! The weather and relaxing at GP was wonderful! Our winter just wouldn’t end this year!

Sounds like you are off to a wonderful Mother/Daughter trip
We sure are!! Welcome and thanks for joining in!!
What a great start to your trip!
Love the carnival theme. So glad you got the room sorted before you trekked the whole way over to it and I can think of nothing nicer than eating and drinking on the veranda at GP with the sun shining down.
Now for a stupid question. When you use a rideshare is it just you and the driver or are there other people heading the same direction in the car?
I had the carnival mantra in my head the whole trip with the stack the genie phrase, 😂
It was so wonderful relaxing outside sipping on a delicious drink and snacking on the yummy dip! The weather was gorgeous
The ride share is a car just for you and your party so no sharing like the term. I think it comes from the drivers share their car?? I think 🤔 It really works well around WDW and we actually save about $30 doing Lyft instead of the Mears Connect and you get to your resort so much quicker!
Ha! I'm going on my first solo trip this week (from Chicago) and my partner asked what I was most looking forward to. I said "feeling the warm sun."
It was so nice to have sunny warm weather! I hope you two have beautiful weather and a wonderful trip!
Joining in!
Welcome and thank you for joining in! You might win a cheap carnival prize, haha 😆

Last edited:
watched that movie on the way to Florida in March! It was really good.
I really liked it! The company is worth billions now but to bad the family didn’t really prosper from it ongoing!
Love using Lyft!
We do as well, it works well and we actually save money and it takes less time.
found the same thing...prices are really increasing!
Wow, it is crazy!
Oh my gosh, that same terrible room!! So glad you got that straightened out!
I couldn’t believe it! Poor Andi she looked so deflated when she told us the room number and the location. I did send a fax via TP which specifically stated the area we wanted and the CM said they never look at those :confused3
Jack and I sat at that table a lot last summer!
It was so lovely, we had several stops at GP that week!
One of my favourites!
Very tasty!
Looking forward to it!
Spoiler, we did fizzle out fairly quickly after our long day!
Happy Mother's Day to you!
Same to you, hope it was a beautiful day

The ride share is a car just for you and your party so no sharing like the term. I think it comes from the drivers share their car?? I think 🤔 It really works well around WDW and we actually save about $30 doing Lyft instead of the Mears Connect and you get to your resort so much quicker!
Thanks for clarifying.

I'm a little late but I'm here.

Congrats to Andi! It's so great she has found so many great ways to use her degree.

What a great start. When you mentioned the bearded lady and lobster claws my mind went to American Horror Story and the season the did the carnival.

I so wanted to make it to GP on my last trip but sadly did not.

Maybe someday.

I'm a little late but I'm here.

Congrats to Andi! It's so great she has found so many great ways to use her degree.

What a great start. When you mentioned the bearded lady and lobster claws my mind went to American Horror Story and the season the did the carnival.

I so wanted to make it to GP on my last trip but sadly did not.

Maybe someday.
Hi Vanessa! Thanks for joining in!
We are very proud of Andi, she is a smart one, sometime to smart for her own good and mine! 😅
I love American Horror story, carnivals can sure be creepy, haha 😆
We had never been to GP either and wow it was awesome! The drinks, food, and outdoor seating is a must!
I hope you had a wonderful trip visiting your daughter!

Long time lurker here, but just wanted to say "Hi" and congrats to Andi.

I love love love Geyser Point. The Bison burger with Ligonberry jam in the mayo is the best. Plus the best atmosphere. Can't wait to read more.

I hope you had a wonderful trip visiting your daughter!

I did have a really good visit.

It had just the right amount of time with her, her friends and some me time.

She got her call this week offering her a permanent position with Disney starting the day after her internship ends. I have lost my baby to the Mouse. :sad:

Long time lurker here, but just wanted to say "Hi" and congrats to Andi.

I love love love Geyser Point. The Bison burger with Ligonberry jam in the mayo is the best. Plus the best atmosphere. Can't wait to read more.
:wave2: Welcome and thank you so much for joining in! We are very proud of Andi.
I get the love for GP now that we had a chance to experience it. It is very nice. I have heard great reviews on the bison burger!
We will definitely be back.

I did have a really good visit.

It had just the right amount of time with her, her friends and some me time.

She got her call this week offering her a permanent position with Disney starting the day after her internship ends. I have lost my baby to the Mouse. :sad:
Oh my gosh, how exciting for your daughter! I’m sure you will be planning more trips in the future! Great place to lose your baby girl, lol 😝

A cheese filled evening

It is time to do a room tour! It won’t be like the house of mirrors or the fun house at the carnival! 🎪Instead it is a wonderful room with a great view. Our room was on the 4th floor and very close to the elevator.

I made a room request on TP and it was in this similar area on 4th or 5th floor. The CM at the front desk told me they rarely look at faxes anymore. She said since I hadn’t called in to request an area that is why they gave me the room above the restaurant.:sad2::confused3

We have had luck using TP room request in the past but I think I will call in from now on.

The rooms were recently refurbished during the shutdown. The rooms are the typical white bedding and “fake” wood floors.
IMG_2022-5-14-062445.jpg

The fridge is under the coffee bar area.
IMG_2022-5-14-062415.jpg
IMG_2022-5-14-062652.jpg
TV area, counter shelf below 1/2 the size of Destino.
IMG_2022-5-14-062731.jpg

The bathroom has a nice rainfall shower head and handheld shower. It was a tub shower. The sinks were in a separate room. Lame picture of me, ugh 😩
IMG_2022-5-14-062203.jpg

IMG_2022-5-14-062343.jpg
Cool stained glass night light in the bathroom
IMG_2022-5-14-062307.jpg

The room is very nice but I do think the Grand Destino rooms are bigger. I was surprised the TV wasn’t a smart TV like the ones at Destino. I forgot the fire stick at home so we had to watch commercials, such horror like the creepy clowns 🤡 at the carnival.
The room had a nice balcony overlooking a pond and the DVC cabins. We could see the top of the MK castle and space mountain. I loved the balcony and the view. I sat out here as much as possible. I also watched the fireworks from MK almost every night! Overall the room was very nice. The beds were very comfortable! Disney does have comfy beds at the resorts!
IMG_2022-5-14-062525.jpg

IMG_2022-5-14-062556.jpg
IMG_2022-5-14-062623.jpg

We unpacked some and put our groceries away. We both think the new refrigerators at the resorts are smaller than before.

The ice machine was across the hall! I love ice 🧊 so the proximity was great!

Once we were done checking out the room, we got ready to head out to Epcot. We had a date with a culinary rat around 6:30pm! Continued in the next post!

We took a bus to Epcot and the bus went to Fort Wilderness before the park. This made the ride so much longer. I have to say WL is not really close to any parks except MK. Plan on a little longer bus rides to the other parks. The bus, this early evening, was empty and no one got on at FW.

We arrived at Epcot and I was very happy to be at Epcot for the F&G Festival. We walked in and SE had a 5 minute wait so we jumped on. We both love this ride. We stopped for a few minutes by Michelangelo painting the ceiling and I snapped a picture, it came out okay! I have been to the Sistine chapel and it is amazing!
IMG_2022-5-14-062807.jpg
Our ride through time was very enjoyable.

We saw Pooh bear before riding Figment! There was no one in the Figment line, we almost thought it was closed!
IMG_2022-5-14-062950.jpg
IMG_2022-5-14-062840.jpg
Our first booth was at the Citrus Blossom for the orange sunshine wine slushy. This was so good! We forgot to take a picture before drinking it. It is very small, only two or three sips and it is gone. Here is a picture from the internet, thanks google.
1652529396458.jpeg
It wasn’t nothing like the mile high beer 🍺 one can get at the carnival 🎡.

It was quite warm this evening! The heat and alcohol 🍷 were making me feel the 3:30am wake up call.

We decided to keep drinking, lol 😂 we hit up the Cider House and I got the 3 Daughters Brewing Pink Lemonade Hard Cider and Andi tried the Bold Rock Watermelon Cider. We liked both but thought the pink lemonade was the 🏆 winner! Better than a cheap carnival prize.
IMG_2022-5-14-063020.jpg
We walked past the UK and France to try the La Isla Fresca booth. Here the cheese hit us hard! I waited in line and Andi headed to the Tangerine Cafe to pick up the Mediterranean Flat bread. It had za’atar, (not sure what za’atar is), artichoke, olives, mozzarella, and feta. This was very good, a little rich with the cheese and sauce. We shared this with the Arepas topped with melted queso fresco. We found a nice little bistro table in Morocco. It was nice and quiet back there. We also shared a bottle of water.
IMG_2022-5-14-063051.jpg
The arepas were very dense and just one note to me. The cheese and density was too much cheese 🧀 for me!

What is your favorite cheese treat at the carnival? Mine is cheese curds, yummy!

I was toast at this point. I had to find some energy to make it on the Remy ride. I dug deep just like the strong man at the carnival and headed over to the ride.
IMG_2022-5-14-063121.jpg
IMG_2022-5-14-063146.jpg
This little ride is so cute and I love the movie Ratatouille! “Any one can cook!” We got the front row which I like the best and had a fun time. I would never wait more than 30 minutes for this ride so the $Fancy Ride is worth it to me. Remy was actually less than 7DMT, I thought that was weird. 7DMT was $12.00 a person. Wow 😯

We decided to walk to BC and get a Lyft from there back to WL.

We sat in the lobby and enjoyed a big glass of water from the Marketplace before our ride arrived.

I watched the fireworks from our balcony and passed out shortly after! I slept well in my comfy WL bed!
IMG_2022-5-14-063212.jpg
IMG_2022-5-14-063313.jpg

Our first full day coming soon! “Genie stacking and the early bird gets a ride on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike”

So excited to read a new trip report! The fireworks view from your room is awesome, I would spend every night out there watching them!

Geyser point looks really good, we had intended to eat there this past fall but ended up skipping it. Going to try again this September, can't wait to finally try it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter