Stayed at Pop 5/13-5/21

Ronda93

DIS Veteran
Had a great time. We've stayed at value, mod and deluxe Disney resorts. The rooms are small, but we're two adults and only spend a few waking hours in the room so not a problem.

We planned to spend three nights at Pop and move to AKL Monday. The women's triathalon made AP rates unavailable over the weekend so we split the stay.

We were checked in by Jason. Told him we would gladly wait for a desireable room. He put us in building 3 (50's) facing the water. We could see Illuminations from our window. We were in at the end of the building in a corner room. We heard occasional flushing, showers and conversation, but over all not too bad.

The next door neighbors were annoying. They appeared to be traveling with guests in another room down the walkway. They went back forth constantly. To minimize the use of their room key, they flipped the security lock and let the door close on it. And while it doesn't sound like much, they'd make trips back and forth every five mintues until 11:00 p.m. It was like having someone pound our door twice ever time as the automatic closer bounced the metal door off the saftey hasp. It ended after two nights. I still saw that family during our stay. I guess they were able to move closer to one another as the week wore on. I always travel with earplugs and they really paid off ; )

The food court was great. We got a mug. They really need gravy as a breakfast offering. I missed it and saw a grandfather's face fall when someone returned to him explaining they don't have biscuits and gravy. What kind of place doesn't have biscuits and gravy??

After a few days a family I know from work checked in to Pop (we planned to guide them a bit). We'd enjoyed Pop to this point and wanted to stay close to them. I called CRO - they canceled the AKL and got another five nights with the AP discount at Pop. I stopped to see Jason. He arranged for us to remain in the same room. I mentioned the prime location and friends joining us. He worked some magic and their connecting rooms were one floor up from us on the same walkway. An even better view of Illuminations! Now I have this big ol' credit with CRO to apply to our trip in October!!!

Housekeeping was always finished with our room by 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. We got some towel folding and strategic plush placement, too. However, we had a big scare from them as well. Our door did not close completely without being pulled. We noticed this right away. The day before checkout we returned to our room to find it unlatched. I have never been concerned about protecting our possessions from housekeeping so nothing was locked up. We took a quick inventory... cameras, watches purchased at DTD and the MK jewlers. The laptop was in the room safe and other valuable items were in unlocked suitcases. Nothing missing, but wow, what a scare. I think our location may have helped out. The stairwell at the end of our wing essesntilly led to nowhere. It it had been on the way to the parking lot I don't know if we'd been so lucky.

I saw front desk Jason constantly. Once stopped in the morning to ask a question about the credit handling and realized that I'd seen him on the night shift the previous night. Told him they worked him too hard. He said he was tired. They are on six day schedules and he picked up an additional shift. We met a character wrangler at Rafiki's Conservation Station who said the same thing... six days mandatory and double time for extra shifts. Anyone else hear this?

We'd stay there again. Any questions let me know.
Ronda

Glad to hear you had a good time! We are excited to go to POP in August, and can't wait to see how everything goes.

They are on six day schedules and he picked up an additional shift. We met a character wrangler at Rafiki's Conservation Station who said the same thing... six days mandatory and double time for extra shifts. Anyone else hear this?

I heard about the 6 day work week. I also heard that is why they closed down the Tomorrowland Noodle restaurant. They didn't have enough staff to keep it open. They had to move the cast members to Cosmic Rays. On another message forum someone posted that Disney would be hiring 15 year olds this summer. It scares me that Disney won't be able to handle the crowds this summer with tired staff.

::MinnieMo

We are leaving for Disney and staying at Pop. Any good pointers would be great. We are traveling with a 5 year old and 2 year old. I was wandering if anyone knew which era was closest to the little water park they have for kids. Someone mentioned illuminations, could you really see it that well from Pop to request room in 50's building????

Ronda93 said:
Had a great time. We've stayed at value, mod and deluxe Disney resorts. The rooms are small, but we're two adults and only spend a few waking hours in the room so not a problem.

We planned to spend three nights at Pop and move to AKL Monday. The women's triathalon made AP rates unavailable over the weekend so we split the stay.

We were checked in by Jason. Told him we would gladly wait for a desireable room. He put us in building 3 (50's) facing the water. We could see Illuminations from our window. We were in at the end of the building in a corner room. We heard occasional flushing, showers and conversation, but over all not too bad.

The next door neighbors were annoying. They appeared to be traveling with guests in another room down the walkway. They went back forth constantly. To minimize the use of their room key, they flipped the security lock and let the door close on it. And while it doesn't sound like much, they'd make trips back and forth every five mintues until 11:00 p.m. It was like having someone pound our door twice ever time as the automatic closer bounced the metal door off the saftey hasp. It ended after two nights. I still saw that family during our stay. I guess they were able to move closer to one another as the week wore on. I always travel with earplugs and they really paid off ; )

The food court was great. We got a mug. They really need gravy as a breakfast offering. I missed it and saw a grandfather's face fall when someone returned to him explaining they don't have biscuits and gravy. What kind of place doesn't have biscuits and gravy??

After a few days a family I know from work checked in to Pop (we planned to guide them a bit). We'd enjoyed Pop to this point and wanted to stay close to them. I called CRO - they canceled the AKL and got another five nights with the AP discount at Pop. I stopped to see Jason. He arranged for us to remain in the same room. I mentioned the prime location and friends joining us. He worked some magic and their connecting rooms were one floor up from us on the same walkway. An even better view of Illuminations! Now I have this big ol' credit with CRO to apply to our trip in October!!!

Housekeeping was always finished with our room by 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. We got some towel folding and strategic plush placement, too. However, we had a big scare from them as well. Our door did not close completely without being pulled. We noticed this right away. The day before checkout we returned to our room to find it unlatched. I have never been concerned about protecting our possessions from housekeeping so nothing was locked up. We took a quick inventory... cameras, watches purchased at DTD and the MK jewlers. The laptop was in the room safe and other valuable items were in unlocked suitcases. Nothing missing, but wow, what a scare. I think our location may have helped out. The stairwell at the end of our wing essesntilly led to nowhere. It it had been on the way to the parking lot I don't know if we'd been so lucky.

I saw front desk Jason constantly. Once stopped in the morning to ask a question about the credit handling and realized that I'd seen him on the night shift the previous night. Told him they worked him too hard. He said he was tired. They are on six day schedules and he picked up an additional shift. We met a character wrangler at Rafiki's Conservation Station who said the same thing... six days mandatory and double time for extra shifts. Anyone else hear this?

We'd stay there again. Any questions let me know.
Ronda

melbabie24, you will want in the 70's building because that is where the pop jet area is and is closest to that play area. If you want to take them to the kiddie pool, it's by the Hippy Dippy pool, which is also not far from the 70's'. ::MinnieMo
If you want to see Illuminations, you need to be in the middle 50's building (I think it's building 2) in the back. You'll have a perfect view, I saw the fireworks from there last year on the 4th of July after coming back from Disney Studios' fireworks display.

Illuminations - you can see the high fireworks. For reference you can see about the top two thirds of Spaceship Earth.

:earsboy:

Thanks for all the great pointers. I was wandering how far the 70's and the 50's is when you walk to the food courts??? Also, any pointers on transportation. If you have any great finds there as well I would love to hear about them. We only have 6 more days. YEAH!!! :cheer2:

Thanks,

melbabie24

tcfdick said:
melbabie24, you will want in the 70's building because that is where the pop jet area is and is closest to that play area. If you want to take them to the kiddie pool, it's by the Hippy Dippy pool, which is also not far from the 70's'. ::MinnieMo
If you want to see Illuminations, you need to be in the middle 50's building (I think it's building 2) in the back. You'll have a perfect view, I saw the fireworks from there last year on the 4th of July after coming back from Disney Studios' fireworks display.

I booked a perferred room, can anyone tell me if any of those rooms overlook fireworks????????? :flower: :sunny:

We are staying at the POP end of the month. I may have to request the 50's building. Sounds like it would be neat to see Illuminations from the room. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!