Stay Strong SEPTEMBER WISH Challenge

My goal for September is to get back into routine and hopefully lose 5 pounds. I completely fell off track in August. My plan to accomplish this goal is to 1)workout each morning 2)eat healthy throughout the day 3)meal plan and prep on Sundays.
I definitely met my goal of getting back into routine. School starting helped with that! I’m honestly not sure if I lost any weight because our Fitbit scale stopped working. And we haven’t gotten a new scale yet. Not planning on anything that fancy again because I didn’t really use all of the features anyway. But I will say that I feel good to back into my healthy lifestyle with both exercise, healthy eating, and mental health (especially being ok with taking some time each day to focus on me).

Week 1: Oneanne
Week 2: 4Mickeys
Week 3: PollyannaMom
Week 4: MickeyMom76
Week 5: sjrec
Here’s what I have for October hosts. However, I haven’t heard back from @Oneanne yet. I know she was off last week and is probably still catching up on things. Would anyone prefer to switch weeks and get us started for October?

Did quick read to get caught up... glad everyone is doing well, except for the pneumonia and sore ankle that is. Hope both turn around soon. As mentioned, I have jury duty starting this week. I can only hope I don't get picked for a trial, altho both of the last times I've done it I did get seated, so the odds are not in my favor.

Coming in this morning it feels like I was gone more than a week, so that's a good sign that the time off was well spent and effective in re-charging my batteries. I had beautiful weather when I was over on the peninsula. The place I stayed was cute (a restored vintage trailer) and the goats on the farm were darling, they are trained for goat yoga so they were very people-oriented. I ran around and did a ton of stuff, ate some good meals and even allowed myself one cocktail.

Part of the intent for this trip was to check out the town of Sequim, as a possible goal for retirement. I'm not sure... my initial impression is based on a conversation I overheard at the diner I had lunch at... it was about politics, and how the "big city" was liberal and out to get the conservatives in the more rural areas. The next day I had breakfast at a diner in Port Townsend and the political conversation was progressive and pro-Elizabeth Warren. Got me to thinking Port Townsend is a better fit for me (it's full of artsy hippies), but it is more expensive, so I'll have to think about that.

September goals... I had a check up with my doctor last Monday and got a gold star for the progress I've made, so I've accomplished that goal. I've lost 20 pounds, so I blew that goal out of the water. Step count was up and down during the month, so I kind of sort of made that goal.

Last edited:

It’s the last day of September. How did everyone do with their goals? Its also Motivation Monday. So let’s end the month with excitement and motivation to start a new month of healthy living!

I did fine with my goals - nothing extra, but I am on track to meet my 500 minutes goal later today with 20 minutes of planned treadmill time, and I've been keeping my weigh in check. I did try a couple of new things cooking-wise: using beans instead of meat in a pasta dish the other night, and making quiche a couple of weeks ago. September is always a very busy month around here, so I'm hoping to step it up a little more in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!