Stay Strong SEPTEMBER WISH Challenge

Today I am thankful for...

... saunas, which is one of the things my doctor told me to start doing. I did the first one Tuesday evening and yesterday my ankle/feet were less swollen and this morning they are actually normal for the first time in probably 3 months.

... my new boss. First off when talking to her about the health issues she totally got it because she also lives in a mid-aged+ female body. And when I was talking to her about stress control and mentioned one of the top stressors for me at work is one of the new managers, instead of coaching me on what I needed to do differently her take was that someone of his level should be doing/be able to do certain things... and she confirmed exactly what my Spidey-sense was picking up from him. Whoa, this is huge. There are things I can and should do to improve the relationship but to not have it all dumped on me, the woman, to adjust to him, the man, is really a big thing.

... I'm also thankful for my March trip to WDW. I feel like this is going to be a dream trip because I'll be healthy and able to do all the things I want to do, something that didn't happen in my last two trips. Plus we'll be staying at the Poly and the Boardwalk, I've never done deluxe before so I'm really looking forward to this. And eating with food restrictions at WDW is so easy... in regular restaurants they just don't deal with it. I had one meal where I said no tomatoes and the waitress brought a side a ketchup... not a big deal since it was in a cup but it went to waste since I couldn't touch it.

Last edited:

... saunas, which is one of the things my doctor told me to start doing. I did the first one Tuesday evening and yesterday my ankle/feet were less swollen and this morning they are actually normal for the first time in probably 3 months.

... my new boss. First off when talking to her about the health issues she totally got it because she also lives in the mid-aged+ female body. And when I was talking to her about stress control and mentioned one of the top stressors for me at work is one of the new managers, instead of coaching me on what I needed to do differently her take was that someone of his level should be doing/be able to do certain things... and she confirmed exactly what my Spidey-sense was picking up from him Whoa, this is huge. There are things I can and should do to improve the relationship but to not have it all dumped on me, the woman, to adjust to him, the man, is really a big thing.

... I'm also thankful for my March trip to WDW. I feel like this is going to be a dream trip because I'll be healthy and able to do all the things I want to do, something that didn't happen in my last two trips. Plus we'll be staying at the Poly and the Boardwalk, I've never done deluxe before so I'm really looking forward to this. And eating with food restrictions at WDW is so easy... in regular restaurants they just don't deal with it. I had one meal where I said no tomatoes and the waitress brought a side a ketchup... not a big deal since it was in a cup but it went to waste since I couldn't touch it.

Saunas are an awesome health tool, glad you got results from it!!!

That's so great that your boss really heard you and agreed. <3

Woohoo for WDW! I'm sorry to hear about your eating out experiences. Thankfully I've found most places very accommodating what with the rise in dietary restrictions and allergies.

Thankful Thursday - I'm thankful my mom had a good day with my youngest yesterday. He started to walk unassisted at her place. Of course wouldn't do it at home, but I think maybe because she has carpeted floors it's easier for him there. I'm glad he gets to practice there and build up strength to do it at home.

I'm also thankful and excited for my trip in two weeks. I've got a lot to do before then but two weekends to finish it all.

Have a great Thursday ya'll!

... my new boss. First off when talking to her about the health issues she totally got it because she also lives in a mid-aged+ female body. And when I was talking to her about stress control and mentioned one of the top stressors for me at work is one of the new managers, instead of coaching me on what I needed to do differently her take was that someone of his level should be doing/be able to do certain things... and she confirmed exactly what my Spidey-sense was picking up from him. Whoa, this is huge. There are things I can and should do to improve the relationship but to not have it all dumped on me, the woman, to adjust to him, the man, is really a big thing.

Your new boss sounds wonderful-I bet she has had to deal with similar issues over her career.
You will love staying at the Boardwalk-the location can’t be beat. We usually stay at the BC because we own our DVC points there-love walking around the lake in the morning. We usually sit at the tables in front of the Boardwalk while my husband has his coffee. So relaxing!

Your new boss sounds wonderful-I bet she has had to deal with similar issues over her career.
You will love staying at the Boardwalk-the location can’t be beat. We usually stay at the BC because we own our DVC points there-love walking around the lake in the morning. We usually sit at the tables in front of the Boardwalk while my husband has his coffee. So relaxing!
I've stayed at the Dolphin and Swan before and looooovve that area!

I've stayed at the Dolphin and Swan before and looooovve that area!

I'm seriously considering that for my next Disney trip! (If vacation patterns hold, that would be end of 2020 or early 2021.)

I know they're connected to the Disney system, but not fully Disney hotels, so I'm a little confused about what is/isn't included, though. (Do you book FP+ at 30 or 60 days? Are they part of the ME system to/from the airport? That sort of thing.)

I'll have to look into all of it, but so far, I've only heard good things about them!

I'm seriously considering that for my next Disney trip! (If vacation patterns hold, that would be end of 2020 or early 2021.)

I know they're connected to the Disney system, but not fully Disney hotels, so I'm a little confused about what is/isn't included, though. (Do you book FP+ at 30 or 60 days? Are they part of the ME system to/from the airport? That sort of thing.)

I'll have to look into all of it, but so far, I've only heard good things about them!
Not part of ME, so you have to do your own transportation - I did Mears but it was super early in the morning and I had to call for pick up and was on my own in a funky van and in hindsight I wished I would have done Uber. But they do have 60 days for FP+... except I had booked my trip thru Expedia and it took until about a week before my trip before my Conf # was in the Disney system to link into MDE.

Not part of ME, so you have to do your own transportation - I did Mears but it was super early in the morning and I had to call for pick up and was on my own in a funky van and in hindsight I wished I would have done Uber. But they do have 60 days for FP+... except I had booked my trip thru Expedia and it took until about a week before my trip before my Conf # was in the Disney system to link into MDE.

Thanks for the info!

saunas, which is one of the things my doctor told me to start doing. I did the first one Tuesday evening and yesterday my ankle/feet were less swollen and this morning they are actually normal for the first time in probably 3 months.

Glad they working for you - I wish I could use one - I get all claustrophobic and feel like I can't breath in them.

Thankful Thursday - I'm thankful my mom had a good day with my youngest yesterday. He started to walk unassisted at her place. Of course wouldn't do it at home, but I think maybe because she has carpeted floors it's easier for him there. I'm glad he gets to practice there and build up strength to do it at home.

Ohhhh how cute!

I am THANKFUL for some beautiful weather right now. We have had some low 30C days nights are still a little cool but warming up a bit. Also THANKFUL for DS18 and I having a good conversation yesterday about his worries about his degree and job options in the future, moving overseas and then me able to show him that is normal and chat about $$ and my new possible and I mean possible plan after my twins are settled into university in a few years time to maybe move to Dubai for a couple of years to have an adventure and fix my $$ situation after raising these guys by myself. It is a big, scary, little bit exciting possibility all rolled into one. But hey I may not even get a job offer when I go to do it. But I am thankful my boys are supportive and completely get why - DD who is more anxious is like NO WAY. Point is we had such a great chat yesterday:love:

Glad they working for you - I wish I could use one - I get all claustrophobic and feel like I can't breath in them.

Ohhhh how cute!

I am THANKFUL for some beautiful weather right now. We have had some low 30C days nights are still a little cool but warming up a bit. Also THANKFUL for DS18 and I having a good conversation yesterday about his worries about his degree and job options in the future, moving overseas and then me able to show him that is normal and chat about $$ and my new possible and I mean possible plan after my twins are settled into university in a few years time to maybe move to Dubai for a couple of years to have an adventure and fix my $$ situation after raising these guys by myself. It is a big, scary, little bit exciting possibility all rolled into one. But hey I may not even get a job offer when I go to do it. But I am thankful my boys are supportive and completely get why - DD who is more anxious is like NO WAY. Point is we had such a great chat yesterday:love:

This is the style sauna I used, so with my head poking it it wasn't claustrophobic, but I did get bored and had trouble sitting still for half an hour. Those short zips are so you can poke your hands out, so next time I might take a book to read.

This is the style sauna I used, so with my head poking it it wasn't claustrophobic, but I did get bored and had trouble sitting still for half an hour. Those short zips are so you can poke your hands out, so next time I might take a book to read.

I'm sorry but I am giggling here - she looks like she is in a giant suitcase and could just get picked up and carried off at any time! I have never seen these - now that I have put that image in your head I bet you have a giggle when you get in next. But honestly - I am so happy that it is working for you :) - seems I forgot to hit post when I typed this, this morning - oops

We stayed at Boardwalk two Februarys ago and loved it too! While my husband was getting ready in the morning, I would walk the boardwalk with one of my kids to go get his coffee. I absolutely loved the morning walk and one-on-one time with each twin. Come to find out a year later, that was their favorite part of the trip :love:

Yay! It's Friday! It's been an exhausting week of starting school with a classroom full of kindergarteners and a house with twin high-schoolers. But we made it to Friday! And I completed my workouts before school all week! This weekend will be filled with lesson planning and other school work for me (as well as my daily workouts, of course). And my daughter has an indoor field hockey tryout. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy to have a fairly calm weekend.

Yay for Friday. I almost forgot with the shortened work week. I had a talk with my mom last night about our Disney trip. She told me that my step-dad said he thinks they should use a TA. My mom told him they are and it is "ME". I had to laugh. I do love all the planning. I explained more of the dining plan since we are hoping to go on Free dining. We won't book though until we are closer to our 180 days or when free dining comes out. Which ever is first.

I did talk to her about my frustrations with my sister. I think my mom is a bit frustrated too. My sister mentioned to my mom about sending my nephew to Disney with us one day while the rest of them go to Discovery Cove. My mom is not a fan of that. Either am I. She also does not understand why my sister wants to only go to EPCOT. There is not much to do there. The kids are going to get bored. I even told her that EPCOT will be all torn up when we go. She didn't care. Oh Well. I really want to do the Halloween Party this year. We have always missed it by no more then a week. I have looked at historical data and if we go the week that my sister wants to go (she can't go any later because my nephew will be at college and I completely understand this) we will miss by about a week or less again. I have pulled all of the historically or atleast back to 2013. It works in our favor with school start dates (my mom is a teacher in a different district them my kids) that we go a week later so we are think about going down on a Thursday, doing EPCOT and the beach (the only request from my mom and it has to be the gulf side) on Friday and Saturday so we get the tail end of my sisters vacation. They were only going to spend these 2 days with us. Then the next week it will be just us and we stay until Saturday. This should give us time to do everything that we want to do and not get stuck with my sisters kids while she is off doing something else. I really like this plan and it also sounds like DH is ok with the extra 2 nights. I am feeling much more comfortable now with our plans. Still nothing firm but a good start. I do have some more research to do. Like how does the car rental place work on site. We will need to rent a car for the day at the beach. It looks like we will fly this time too so I need to look into everything with DME. I am getting so excited now and I still at least a year to weight.

Now time to lose this weight.

I'm sorry but I am giggling here - she looks like she is in a giant suitcase and could just get picked up and carried off at any time! I have never seen these - now that I have put that image in your head I bet you have a giggle when you get in next. But honestly - I am so happy that it is working for you :) - seems I forgot to hit post when I typed this, this morning - oops
I'd never seen anything like it before either, and agree that it looks like a human sized suitcase!

We stayed at Boardwalk two Februarys ago and loved it too! While my husband was getting ready in the morning, I would walk the boardwalk with one of my kids to go get his coffee. I absolutely loved the morning walk and one-on-one time with each twin. Come to find out a year later, that was their favorite part of the trip :love:
Ahhhh... that's so sweet that the best part of the trip was quiet time with you!

Oh Friday, I think I love you.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend: my head cold has almost cleared, my sore knee is feeling pretty solid, Saturday the weather is supposed to be nice and then Sunday we're supposed to get a bit of rain (makes this rusty ol' PNWesterner pretty happy) and football season officially starts for the Seahawks. It is all looking good.

Reading about how everyone so enjoys staying at Boardwalk gives me a happy tingle and makes me even more excited about the trip. I've started looking at airfare (ouch), then will do my park tickets... everything will be paid for long before the trip, which is always so nice. One of the other gals will do the FP+ for the group and probably the ADRs, but I know I'll spend a lot of time poking around and thinking of things I'll want to do on my own. Fun times!

Happy Friday!

I booked a babysitter for tomorrow as it's my husbands birthday and I'm going to surprise him and take him out for dinner and we will meet up with my in-laws. It will be very nice to get out without the kidletts. My oldest had a good day at daycare yesterday so fingers crossed today is good as well. I'm tired and a bit sore from working harvesting 7 foot plants yesterday but it's a good feeling. My youngest has started to walk unassisted which I'm SUPER excited for, a little sad for, and a fair bit terrified of having two incredibly mobile young-ins' lol!!!

I have a million chores to get done this weekend so I'm sure it will fly by :duck: :scared:

Happy weekend ya'll!!!

Yay for Friday. I almost forgot with the shortened work week. I had a talk with my mom last night about our Disney trip. She told me that my step-dad said he thinks they should use a TA. My mom told him they are and it is "ME". I had to laugh. I do love all the planning. I explained more of the dining plan since we are hoping to go on Free dining. We won't book though until we are closer to our 180 days or when free dining comes out. Which ever is first.

I did talk to her about my frustrations with my sister. I think my mom is a bit frustrated too. My sister mentioned to my mom about sending my nephew to Disney with us one day while the rest of them go to Discovery Cove. My mom is not a fan of that. Either am I. She also does not understand why my sister wants to only go to EPCOT. There is not much to do there. The kids are going to get bored. I even told her that EPCOT will be all torn up when we go. She didn't care. Oh Well. I really want to do the Halloween Party this year. We have always missed it by no more then a week. I have looked at historical data and if we go the week that my sister wants to go (she can't go any later because my nephew will be at college and I completely understand this) we will miss by about a week or less again. I have pulled all of the historically or atleast back to 2013. It works in our favor with school start dates (my mom is a teacher in a different district them my kids) that we go a week later so we are think about going down on a Thursday, doing EPCOT and the beach (the only request from my mom and it has to be the gulf side) on Friday and Saturday so we get the tail end of my sisters vacation. They were only going to spend these 2 days with us. Then the next week it will be just us and we stay until Saturday. This should give us time to do everything that we want to do and not get stuck with my sisters kids while she is off doing something else. I really like this plan and it also sounds like DH is ok with the extra 2 nights. I am feeling much more comfortable now with our plans. Still nothing firm but a good start. I do have some more research to do. Like how does the car rental place work on site. We will need to rent a car for the day at the beach. It looks like we will fly this time too so I need to look into everything with DME. I am getting so excited now and I still at least a year to weight.

Now time to lose this weight.
Planning is so much fun! It sounds like you have a good plan. We haven’t rented a car in years but from what I have heard there’s a place in the Dolphin or Swan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts