• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stateroom Question

SafariTigger

Mouseketeer
My DH and I are trying to decide on a stateroom for our next cruise. We stayed in a category 10 on deck 7 last time and it was fine. We loved it. We were wondering though if it would be worth it to try a category 7 this time. Has anyone stayed in a cat. 7? What exactly is a Navigator's verandah? How is it different from a cat. 6 verandah? What about a cat. 8 or 9? I wasn't sure if the price difference would be worth it to just add a porthole. Also we don't want to be on decks 1 or 2. Any suggestions?? I would really appreciate some help in making our decision. Thanks.:wave:

We have stayed in cat's 6 , 7 and 8.

The major difference between the cat 7 Navigator and the cat 6 regular verandah are, the facts of the verandah in the navigator is actually behind the hull, and you have a large open porthole(no window) (like 3-4 feet in dia) on the upper half of the balcony to look out of. It is actually cozier in our opinion than the regular verandahs and has real appointments, not plastic furniture. After doing one the first time, we book them now exclusively. The other limit is it only sleeps 3, not 4, so keep that in mind.

Having a view of the outside is of immesurable value, once you have it, you probably won't want to go back. If you're unsure, the 8's have a huge porthole of the same size as the nav verandah with glass, no balcony.

We haven't cruised yet- but just from everything I'd read/seen... we were trying to go with navigator's verandah staterooms on our first cruise.... just couldn't get two (family of 5) so that didn't work out. :( It sounds great though! That's why we were trying for it...

Then we decided just to go cat 11... but decided on cat 9 because it was only $200 more for TWO staterooms! So it wasn't that much more expensive at all (went through Allseastravel) to go from cat 11 to 9 and have a view of the outside from the room.

Can I ask why you don't want to say on deck 2? Just curious... since that's where we'll be. LOL

We liked deck 2. However, some of the rooms on deck 2 are under the nightclubs and can be noisy. We were deck 2 midship, which was fine.

Mark - Thanks for the info. It sounds like the navigator's verandah just might be the way to go. It's just my DH and myself so we only need room for 2.

Bibbidy - The only reason we decided that we didn't want decks 1 or 2 was that they seemed further away from everything. Last time we cruised we were on deck 7 and didn't need to wait for the elevator very often, the stairs were just as easy. Of course I have read that the views from the portholes on deck 2 are incredible so maybe that's a worthwhile tradeoff. I am sure you will enjoy your cruise no matter what room you are in, DCL is amazing!

fhagan

Welcome to the DIS! Didn't recongnize the URL until I clicked on it. www.castawayclub.com is run by our own Barb and Tony. Barb (aka inkognito) is a Mod here. It is a great site!

Don't toss away the idea of Decks 1 and 2...they are actually some of the most convenient locations on the ship, especially getting on and off the ships in ports.

It is convenient to Guest Service, Lumiere's, photos in the Atrium, the Galley tour, Shore Excursion Deck, Parrot Cay, The Walt Disney Threatre, the shops onboard, etc....

We have stayed on Decks 1, 2, 5, 7, 8, and love decks 1, 2 and 5 the best!!!

We never had to wait for an elevator on decks 1 or 2 (forward or aft)...midship we had to wait once in awhile.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter