stateroom categories 1, 2, and 3

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
Are there any benefits to staying in category 1, 2 or 3 staterooms other than the obvious additional space in the room?

We booked a Cat 3 most for the larger space, including a separate master bedroom with its own walkout to the verandah and the additional bath. There is also a jacuzzi tub in Cat 3 (I assume 1 and 2 have the same).

Secondly, we really liked the enhanced room service option - order full, hot breakfast as well as order from any restuarant menu.

The concierge service will be nice but we probably will not use it much other than the first day.

A few other items are nice but not really important. These include being able to borrow video tapes, CDs, daily treats in the room. Not sure if bottled water and soda is provided like they are at concierge level in the resorts. I hope so - this would be nice as my wife only drinks bottled water.

thanks Mark!
We're also booked in a category 3.
Since we're a family of jolly green giants (except for me) i figured we'd never fit in a cat 4.
Plus the second bathroom might be a blessing, i have major problems with motion sickness, so one bathroom may well be permanently occupied by me. We're doing this cruise after major campaigning by the kids. I'm willing to spend 3 days green around the gills for their happiness....

Does category 3 have any advantage in terms of signing up for the spa?

Yes! :) On embarkation afternoon there will be a reception for the concierge guests where you can book EVERYTHING you want...Palo, spa appointments, Tea With Wendy, etc. You can even register kids for the children's programming there. It is VERY convenient and the concierge staff will take care of everything for you.

Enjoy! :)

Michelle,

wonderful!!....i didn't know about the reception....i was wondering about spa treatments.....after reading the answers on the board i've decided i should sign up for at least one massage for both my husband and me....

thanks for responding!!

Michele-
Do you have an answer regarding water and soda being provided in Cat. 3 rooms? It would sure save a lot of hassles if it were already in the room! If this is true, (I've read conflicting reports) what type of soda is provided?

We just stayed in a Cat 3 on the Jan 19th cruise. While there were four cans of soda and two bottles of water in the room upon arrival, it is not provided for the rest of the cruise. You have to pay for it after that!

Gretel-

Thanks for the answer.....I guess I'm back to figuring out how we're going to bring our own on board!

This was my experience, staying in a cat. 2 suite last Aug., YMMV:
We did not receive priority treatment with regard to spa appointments. While it's true we had the opportunity to book spa appts. at the concierge reception, these appts. were not handled by the concierge but by a representative from Steiner Spa. All this spa rep. could do was note our preferences, then phone up to the spa to see if that treatment time was available. We had no priority over the folks who were lined up at the spa booking appts., and it would have been more expeditious to simply go to the spa like everyone else.
Our concierge brought soda and bottled water daily. If yours doesn't, ask...can't hurt.
We also really enjoyed having full dining service in our suite--tres deluxe!

Happy cruising!

...is that while the concierge can book everything for you, you do not receive preferential treatment simply because you are concierge. the first time we went concierge (cat 3), the concierge had us "pre-booked" (with absolutely NO contact with us prior) into palos the first night (of the 4-night). when we informed her we wanted the last night, she was unable to switch our "pre-book." dh took it into his own hands at that point and was (within a day) able to switch it to the day we wanted. he just has that ability to get the impossible done.

after that, we learned that while concierge is nice, you are still better off doing your reservations yourself. so, since then, dh goes to palos to sign us up while i either sign youngest ds into flounders or stand at excursion desk (pre-pre-booking) to get our excursions.

it's just not worth it to us to trust we'll get the palos ressies and spa ressies we want in march by waiting for concierge to handle. we will, however, use them after the first day if we want to try for additional palos' brunch/dinner or need anything changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter