• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starring rolls closing

Oh dear, they had the best fresh fruit tart in Disney World! I would get a park hopper just to stop in during an Epcot day and get that delicious tart!

I waited in a line that ran out past the outdoor tables in December. I really liked my sandwich, and loved the Darth Vader cupcake. I was looking forward to going back, this is a shame if it's actually closed for good.

Darth Vader cupcakes can be found at nearly all counter service locations at HS.

I don't hate that it's closing, I think I only ate there once because every time we tried to go in it was just too crowded. I do wonder what they are going to do with the space, I would love if they made it into a lounge for Brown Derby. There used to be one upstairs and it was great to go up there and look down on the dining room while waiting on a table. Maybe they are opening another, possibly decent, QS there, heaven knows HS needs one.

My quintessential Hollywood Studios day was on my honeymoon. Highlights included my first butterfinger cupcake, backlot your, toy story, tower of terror, animation academy, idol (first and only time!) and Osborne lights.

Pretty much none of that is there anymore... it's such a shame.

We're going for a 7 night trip in August and I'm allocating one evening in HS...

I don't hate that it's closing, I think I only ate there once because every time we tried to go in it was just too crowded. I do wonder what they are going to do with the space, I would love if they made it into a lounge for Brown Derby. There used to be one upstairs and it was great to go up there and look down on the dining room while waiting on a table. Maybe they are opening another, possibly decent, QS there, heaven knows HS needs one.

The HBD has a lounge...on the patio out front.

If it wasn't for Tower of Terror there'd be no reason to go to this park. I've considered this the best in park quick serve breakfast anywhere on property except for France. This was a stop every single time in HS.

The only reason I didn't go there too often was that there were usually long lines and no place to sit. It makes me shake my head in wonderment-why are they closing?

I really didn't care for it at all, I can get ready made sandwiches about anywhere. Desserts were fun but there are lots of those on property too. Still, hate to see anything closed. Fewer options means what is open gets busier. Anyone confirmed it's closed?

I'm not sad to see it go. We went there a few times for lunch & the turkey sandwich was very poor quality. I didn't think the desserts were anything special. I hope something not generic takes its place.

We won't really miss it. The only time we went was on our honeymoon (our second trip to Disney together). They saw our buttons and promptly gave us the most stale cookie I have ever seen in my life. We still joke about it. We've never been back.

So... anyone else think this rather sudden? I mean, real sudden.

Oh who knows?

There is no accountability for anything.

Everytime I think "they had better watch it...", the next thought is "wait...nobody is WATCHING...so who cares?"

Mgm has been mothballed for well over a year...and there is no urgency to take it out because of their pace of construction...and they charge $125 a day for "premium" pricing...

At this point, might as well close it and see if people will still pay $75?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter