Starring rolls closing

Oh who knows?

There is no accountability for anything.

Everytime I think "they had better watch it...", the next thought is "wait...nobody is WATCHING...so who cares?"

Mgm has been mothballed for well over a year...and there is no urgency to take it out because of their pace of construction...and they charge $125 a day for "premium" pricing...

At this point, might as well close it and see if people will still pay $75?

Agreed - especially with no apparently plans for what will replace it

It just seems overly suspicious to me. It's not in a construction zone. It's in the front of the park. There are no announced plans of a refurb and then all of a sudden it closes? It sounds like even the cast members were caught off guard.

It just seems overly suspicious to me. It's not in a construction zone. It's in the front of the park. There are no announced plans of a refurb and then all of a sudden it closes? It sounds like even the cast members were caught off guard.

Agree - but what would be the cause of it? Be surprised if it was a $ decision only as it usually has a fairly decent line when we have been there / passed by and it can't be that many CMs to keep it running

Definitely a strange one

I'm thinking it is to open up more room for the adjacent Hollywood Brown Derby lounge... Which undoubtedly does way more business than Starring Rolls.

Could it be due to some health code violation? That tends to be the sort of thing that shuts down a place fast. It's a reason that seems out of place for Disney, but...

Could it be due to some health code violation? That tends to be the sort of thing that shuts down a place fast. It's a reason that seems out of place for Disney, but...
Maybe but they really don't prepare anything in there. Seems unlikely they'd have a violation so severe they'd shut down. Plus, there was a few days notice. Something that shut them down it instant, no?

While not near construction, might it be on the same water source affected by construction, and therefore closed. Without water, typically a restaurant should have to close. There is a lot of shared infrastructure. Definitely seems like an odd time to bring down a food service location.

While not near construction, might it be on the same water source affected by construction, and therefore closed. Without water, typically a restaurant should have to close. There is a lot of shared infrastructure. Definitely seems like an odd time to bring down a food service location.

But if they wanted to keep it open they would have planned some sort of temp service months ago. I think its the suddenness that odd. Usually these kinds of things are announced months ahead of time.

Also the CM's should have known a week or so ago when the schedules came out. It appears they didn't even know about it.

That doesn't make much sense. I would imagine Brown Derby and the outdoor bar are also on the same water sources since they are all connect yet the other two did not close.

That doesn't make much sense. I would imagine Brown Derby and the outdoor bar are also on the same water sources since they are all connect yet the other two did not close.

Yes and even if their water came from the opposite direction there are simple ways to connect a temp connection.

Or maybe there's just not enough people in HS to justify having as many food service locations open...so they closed their least profitable one/food easily found elsewhere one...I mean, Disney is currently all about the "efficiency" of staffing vs expected crowds and the next 30 days in FP+ could be really bad at HS...

Or maybe there's just not enough people in HS to justify having as many food service locations open...so they closed their least profitable one/food easily found elsewhere one...I mean, Disney is currently all about the "efficiency" of staffing vs expected crowds and the next 30 days in FP+ could be really bad at HS...

...the "educated" guess winner

True, if brown derby is open......then yeah it doesn't make any sense.

So the only way a short notice closure is likely, is a facility related issue or lack of customers(expenses versus revenue). Can't imagine they can't turn a profit enough in there to make of go of it, unless attendance has really dropped.

I just realized it could be something like something like a sewer under the floor has a problem and they have to dig something up.

I haven't seen any construction permits for this location, so if it something that needs to be worked on there are in no hurry to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter