Star wars

TXDCLfan

DIS Veteran
Anyone else not thrilled for star wars being on Disney ships? Maybe it is just me but when I think of Disney star wars it is just not in the picture for me.

Anyone else not thrilled for star wars being on Disney ships? Maybe it is just me but when I think of Disney star wars it is just not in the picture for me.
While I'm not particularly a fan of the Star Wars/Disney connection (I'm a fan of the original 3 movies, not the later ones), if it's not overly prevailing, I could live with it. Much like - I can avoid Star Wars land in WDW and Disneyland, and still feel like it's Disney.

But it's one reason I'm probably never going to do a Star Wars cruise.

I feel like it was inevitable given the popularity of the Star Wars themed cruises - and how many lands are coming to the parks. The IP isn't going anywhere any time soon.

I'm a Star Wars fan, and I don't think that adding bits and pieces onto the ship works all that well. I think you go all in or you don't do it at all. Make the ship look like a retrofitted Mon Calamari Star Cruiser or something.

I am actually booked to go on the Star Wars cruise on Jan 29th (7 night Western). It was the ONLY time a friend of mine could join me. Reserved directly with Disney and did ask about just how "Star Wars-y" it was going to be and she said I might see some characters walking around but I could certainly avoid it for the most part. I don't think they will let the Droids in the pool . . . but I'll let everyone know what it was like. IF it sails.

No. Its just you. Well, I'm sure some folks agree with you. But I think the vast majority are all for it.

I get what you are saying but I think the point is to have something for everyone. I have 3 boys. They tolerate princesses for me so I think it's fair for them to get something that interests them, as well. So working in the Star Wars (and Marvel stuff) doesn't bother me at all. At least it's not in your face. You have to go somewhere to find it and you can just as easily avoid it. It might be harder to avoid the Marvel themed restaurant but one thing I have learned about Disney is, I have rarely been disappointed by something, even if I questioned why it was happening in the first place. They don't do things arbitrarily and they will never please everyone but at least they try to have something for everyone.

I’m not die hard SW but I did enjoy our SWDAS in 2020.

that said, I feel like the Wish is very piecemeal... a little of this and a little of that and it’s not going to be very cohesive.

I am actually booked to go on the Star Wars cruise on Jan 29th (7 night Western). It was the ONLY time a friend of mine could join me. Reserved directly with Disney and did ask about just how "Star Wars-y" it was going to be and she said I might see some characters walking around but I could certainly avoid it for the most part. I don't think they will let the Droids in the pool . . . but I'll let everyone know what it was like. IF it sails.
We did SWDAS in Feb 2020. You wouldn’t know it was a SW cruise, except for the actual SW Day. It was pretty low key and easily avoidable if you weren’t interested.
I was not a huge SW fan at the time but the cruise (and Mandolorian) definitely renewed my interest.
All that to say ... you’re going to have a great time 😎

I personally like it more than the city skyline bar from Fantasy so I think its a positive. I doubt it will be over the top so you can think of it more like a space bar.

Marvel is the one that severely disappoints me. At least with Star Wars its a made up fantasy world with Marvel it just normal day world with some people who have "magic" or "powers". I am fine watching the movies but eh.

I would love a Sith themed anything. I'm not even remotely a princess fan so I'm basically the opposite of most of you :)

I'm not a huge star wars fan but I don't think you need to be to enjoy the Disney parks star wars stuff--just think of it as an "outer space" theme. I think the views of other planets from the lounge will be fun. I just hope they have a real bar and it's not just like the Oga's Cantina where all the drinks are pre-mixed sugar water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter